2 stats that jumped out at me from Jets GameDay

PorP

During the show they spit 2 stats for the jets. 1 not surprising and one that shocked me...

Jets D is doing well enough this year so it was not surprising they rank 6th in YPC versus the run

The Jets offense on the other hand to my eyes seems to struggle especially at the line of scrimmage so it was surprising to hear that they rank 5th in explosive plays (runs of 12 or more and passes of 16 or more yards).

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 2

11 minutes ago, PorP said:

During the show they spit 2 stats for the jets. 1 not surprising and one that shocked me...

Jets D is doing well enough this year so it was not surprising they rank 6th in YPC versus the run

The Jets offense on the other hand to my eyes seems to struggle especially at the line of scrimmage so it was surprising to hear that they rank 5th in explosive plays (runs of 12 or more and passes of 16 or more yards).

Breece

4 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

10 years is a lot longer than two solid quarters of football. You not believe it only proves your sane. Congratulations. 

Are you pregaming man?  I've got no idea what you were trying to say to me lol! 

37 minutes ago, PorP said:

well now that we got the weapons this is not a surprise. Flacco and Zach have been throwing it mid to deep and since we are always trying to catch up it makes sense to take those shots. 

im glad to see Zach taking those deep plays and not trying to be like White and throw it short all day. he did that at the end of last year and drove me nuts. the kids got a gun let him shoot it.

36 minutes ago, PorP said:

Are you pregaming man?  I've got no idea what you were trying to say to me lol! 

No actually heading to gym, haha. What I meant was after his bad this team has been it makes sense that anything good surprises you. Two good quarters of good football compare to a decade of shit football isn’t enough to tip the scales yet. 

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, doitny said:

well now that we got the weapons this is not a surprise. Flacco and Zach have been throwing it mid to deep and since we are always trying to catch up it makes sense to take those shots. 

im glad to see Zach taking those deep plays and not trying to be like White and throw it short all day. he did that at the end of last year and drove me nuts. the kids got a gun let him shoot it.

So not disagreeing,  but what I thought when watching the games... I thought the pocket was collapsing before those intermediate / deep routes developed fairly frequently.

Guess it wasn't happening as much as I thought. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

1 minute ago, The Crusher said:

No actually heading to gym, haha. What I meant was after his bad this team has been it makes sense that anything good surprises you. Two good quarters of good football compare to a decade of sh*t football isn’t enough to tip the scales yet. 

Got ya bro lol. Yep, I could be snake bitten for sure.  But I just didn't think I was seeing 5th just in this year. I SURE didn't think a couple good quarters was enough to put us in 5th.

Enjoy the gym! 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, PorP said:

Saw a graphic on this a few days ago.  Corey Davis is like 5th or 6th in the NFL with 11 explosive plays.

Almost as if last year was an aberration and he doesn't suck.  Almost.

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, JoeWillieWhiteShoesHOF said:

Why is it not so believable?

”Feral Ken Doll” + a Top 5 throwing arm = Mucho Explosive Plays……serious…..no joke.

He’s really not what I’m concerned about. Kids a tough mountain goat mofo, but the coaching staff hasn’t shown they are ready for a game like this. 

• Post of the Week 1

6 hours ago, PorP said:

Breece hall really.