Jets open up as 7.5 point underdogs to GB

Rhg1084

Most NFL teams get +3 from the handicappers on the front end if they are home.  Many handicappers give GB +7 at home.  Not sure of any of the stats. but there must be something there with GB and handicapping them at home.  Overall win/loss at home for GB is good (See Below) but I don't know how many points the average home victory at GB has been.

https://eatdrinkandsleepfootball.com/nfl/gb/record.html

I think Mat L's plan will be to run the ball, keep it to a low scoring game and bank on your HOF QB winning the 4th quarter. I think GB will try to avoid any type of high scoring affair in a nod to the fact that the Jets have more individual players that can do damage both on O and from the the D line in a a high scoring affair. 

On 10/10/2022 at 7:22 AM, BCJet said:

Vegas does not think we are going to get blown out, their job is to make a line that gets equal money on both sides of the game.  The packers are a huge public favorite while most people think the Jets suck (as has been the case for years).  No one would be betting the jets at +3.5, but at +7 they are going to get a lot of action.

Believe me I was surprised at the line as well, but it really isnt indicative of the play on the field

Yeah, their game isn't predicting the outcomes nearly as much as getting bets on both sides.  GB is a massive public favorite for betting (pretty much any team with stud QB) will be a favorite.  So they'll make the line as high as possible so both sides get action, and only change it if it's overwhelmingly slanted towards one team.  

10 hours ago, doitny said:

guys i know you like to fight me on this but the rest of the world is telling us that we beat 2 nobody QBs and a decent backup.

we went to fight the 2nd toughest guy on our block but he couldnt make it so we got his wimpy little brother. who stood tow to tow with us for 3/4 of the fight. in a few weeks we wont even remember his name.

the week before we beat another wimp and he was beating us for 3/4 of the fight. and in Clev it took a miracle, so its understandable why the rest of the world has no faith in us. 

we beat Rodgers we are favorite against Denver. if not we go in there as dogs. we got to prove we can hang with the big boys.