Jets open up as 7.5 point underdogs to GB

Rhg1084

1 minute ago, PS17 said:

I don’t understand how Green Bay keeps getting these touchdown+ spreads. Their offense is not good. 

They have a ton of talent on both sides of the ball and an elite QB. Eventually they will figure it out. Their defense also practices against the Jets offense every day. This game is going to be a real struggle. 

• Upvote 3
  • WTF? 1

Just now, JoJoTownsell1 said:

Vegas thought we were 3.5 pt worse than the Bridgewater led fish....

Jets won't get respect until we start beating teams like the packers on the road....

Packers just lost to the Giants lol. Alabama currently has a better WR corps than they do 

• Haha 3

4 minutes ago, UntouchableCrew said:

Honestly thought it would be 6.5 but it’s a scary matchup. Rodgers could have a “get right” game against us but their defense also struggled to stop an offense with David Sills at WR1.

Big test for the defense.

I had us at 4.5 dogs.  A huge slap in the face.  Vegas thinks we are getting blown out.

39 minutes ago, gastineau_intestinal_tract said:

as each day passed last week i liked the jets to win more and more vs miami. 

vs gb..ahhhh.....don't like them, won't change.   this an L.

if they can cover or make a game of it. it's  a win moving forward as an organization  

Covering is no moral victory. The Jets for the W in title town.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

5 hours ago, Jet9 said:

It's a market. See where it moves. 

PS: CLV and 'best of the number' are bullsh*t terms. 

Exactly.

let’s see where the market takes it.

take away the 3 you typically get for being home, gb talent is 4.5 better than the jets according to Vegas.

not sure that is really far off when you consider the jets have young potential yet unproven talent.

gb has experienced proven talent.

what the above means as far as who wins - absolutely nothing.

many of you including me would have bet the wife and kids (never the dog) that gb takes care of the giants yesterday.

• Haha 2

Again, unless you are an avid bettor, what difference does it make. Quite frankly, the Jets have some real talent, but the team is still getting its act together. While I applaud the wins, we beat two bad teams and beat a good team playing their #3 QB. More importantly, it doesn't affect the outcome of the game.

I prefer being the underdog anyway - otherwise some of these players might be believing their own press. I don't care about power rankings, talking heads, or spreads. I just care how the team is playing and the wins.

• Upvote 2

12 hours ago, Rhg1084 said:

I mean bet everything you own on the Jets. GB is awful 

CB7ED140-2DB1-47B2-8853-09AA5C7022D2.png

get in on this before it drops to 7 or below.  the books are giving us a hook?  LOL. 

DK, MGM, have +7.5 for the moment, but at -115.  Caesars at -110.  Just placed my bet over there.  We'll see how the line shifts during the week.  Public will be on Packers, I bet and the line may even get better for the Jets.  

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, Cannoli said:

They have a ton of talent on both sides of the ball and an elite QB. Eventually they will figure it out. Their defense also practices against the Jets offense every day. This game is going to be a real struggle. 

other than aaron jones, what talent do they have on offense?  Cobb?  Doubs?  Watson?  the packers couldn't stop daniel jones and the WR group equivalent of a HS team.  and you're telling me the giants have better talent on defense than the jets?  7.5 is a disrespect based off week 5 results and performances.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, heymangold said:

other than aaron jones, what talent do they have on offense?  Cobb?  Doubs?  Watson?  the packers couldn't stop daniel jones and the WR group equivalent of a HS team.  and you're telling me the giants have better talent on defense than the jets?  7.5 is a disrespect based off week 5 results and performances.

There is this guy named Rogers. O have heard he's  pretty good. 

12 hours ago, Joe W. Namath said:

I had us at 4.5 dogs.  A huge slap in the face.  Vegas thinks we are getting blown out.

Vegas does not think we are going to get blown out, their job is to make a line that gets equal money on both sides of the game.  The packers are a huge public favorite while most people think the Jets suck (as has been the case for years).  No one would be betting the jets at +3.5, but at +7 they are going to get a lot of action.

Believe me I was surprised at the line as well, but it really isnt indicative of the play on the field

• Upvote 2

23 minutes ago, Dcat said:

get in on this before it drops to 7 or below.  the books are giving us a hook?  LOL. 

DK, MGM, have +7.5 for the moment, but at -115.  Caesars at -110.  Just placed my bet over there.  We'll see how the line shifts during the week.  Public will be on Packers, I bet and the line may even get better for the Jets.  

Are you going to back that up with a bit on the ml as well?