<<<<<<< Jets vs Patriots -- The Official Game Thread >>>>>>>

Maxman

19 hours ago, football guy said:

What's creepy is some video game freak going out of their way to tag me in a post in attempt at mockery after the Jets lost because the QB did not have a great game. You're a loser lol. This is why I never stay on internet boards  

What a weird guy you are. I can imagine why you wouldn't stay on message boards when you're trying to psychologically profile each interaction. Your post during the week saying that Zach was showing a lot of progress in the Denver game was laughable - I called you out on it and explained my reasoning - Providing the context you claim to have such great insight to.

You can throw out meaningless buzzwords like how you're trying to "rationalize and contextualize" and tell everyone that an objectively awful display wasn't actually all that bad - If you're going to make absurd statements on a message board don't act like a pretentious prick when people call you out on it. I imagine that would be quite difficult for you. 

All the same mistakes Zach was making vs Denver he made again against the Pats. The same mistakes he's been making throughout his career - The same terrible habits under pressure, the same garbage accuracy on downfield throws, the same awful decisions - The "night and day" sh*t you're spewing about the increased understanding Zach has is just not showing up on the field and until it does it doesn't matter what anyone inside the building is telling you. He's bad. 

• Post of the Week 1

15 hours ago, JTJet said:

People on here tend to think that the forum is a reflection of the total fanbase, it most certainly is not. 

These forums attract the most fervent of fans that want and need to talk about the Jets 24/7 (myself included) both positively and negatively, but that is about .0005% of the totality of the fan base. 

This forum is certainly split on Zach, but the mass of the fanbase (the normies so to speak) are mostly still positive on him, although yesterday was a huge tipping point for a bulk of those normies, and the media certainly started turning on him, Orlovsky/Eisen/Etc. 

Personally, I gave up on him after the dumb preseason injury. I think yesterday was the point of no return, and tend to trust what I'm seeing with my own two eyes on the field. Maybe he is perfect in practice and in the film room but it's not showing up on the field outside of managing a team with a dominant run game, but that's not sustainable long term in this league. 

As much as I wanted Zach to succeed, I just dont see it happening anymore. 

I share the same sentiments you draw, just don't have a definitive conclusion. I also think that you acknowledge you have an opinion, and you're reaching a conclusion that could wind up premature, or that the team doesn't share the same perspectives for different reasons. Many who stick their post in the stand right now seek to annoyingly disagree and are waiting to say "I told you so", yet they have no skin in the game other than their own emotional state so if wind up being wrong, they just pretend they weren't and find something else to be polarized about.

It's like some of the Giants fans I know who were enormous Eli Manning haters and dogged him for his entire career until he retired. Now they pretend they never gave up on the player, yet their target went from Eli to Daniel Jones. Like the Zach situation, I have felt too many fans lack context and they had jumped to conclusions on him and it's helped that I happen to know people who work in that building close to him because I get some deeper perspective on him. If you even hinted at Daniel Jones being in their long-term plans prior to the season, the loudmouths in their fan base and in the media would've said burn the franchise to the ground. Fast forward to now: How many fans/media members are apologizing for their ice cold takes? That's not to say that Daniel has proven to be a franchise QB, but the coaches are thrilled about his development because of his play within the offense - not the stats. He's been nicknamed "the $120 million dollar man" by some on their staff because it's pretty much an open secret that he'll get a short-term contract to see how much more they can develop him after the season. But I digress. The point is that fans should be frustrated or elated but after emotions settle realize there's no point to overreact one way or another. Zach can go out and throw 5 TDs and beat the Bills next week... it will make people feel great, and you'll have annoying fans on that side of the fence going "I told you so", but the reality is if that happened it's still not going to change the plan, it's not going to change his career outlook or ultimate result other than making people feel good about him and tone out the haters... it's a long process and we're still at the beginning of it. 

• Upvote 4

24 minutes ago, football guy said:

I share the same sentiments you draw, just don't have a definitive conclusion. I also think that you acknowledge you have an opinion, and you're reaching a conclusion that could wind up premature, or that the team doesn't share the same perspectives for different reasons. Many who stick their post in the stand right now seek to annoyingly disagree and are waiting to say "I told you so", yet they have no skin in the game other than their own emotional state so if wind up being wrong, they just pretend they weren't and find something else to be polarized about.

It's like some of the Giants fans I know who were enormous Eli Manning haters and dogged him for his entire career until he retired. Now they pretend they never gave up on the player, yet their target went from Eli to Daniel Jones. Like the Zach situation, I have felt too many fans lack context and they had jumped to conclusions on him and it's helped that I happen to know people who work in that building close to him because I get some deeper perspective on him. If you even hinted at Daniel Jones being in their long-term plans prior to the season, the loudmouths in their fan base and in the media would've said burn the franchise to the ground. Fast forward to now: How many fans/media members are apologizing for their ice cold takes? That's not to say that Daniel has proven to be a franchise QB, but the coaches are thrilled about his development because of his play within the offense - not the stats. He's been nicknamed "the $120 million dollar man" by some on their staff because it's pretty much an open secret that he'll get a short-term contract to see how much more they can develop him after the season. But I digress. The point is that fans should be frustrated or elated but after emotions settle realize there's no point to overreact one way or another. Zach can go out and throw 5 TDs and beat the Bills next week... it will make people feel great, and you'll have annoying fans on that side of the fence going "I told you so", but the reality is if that happened it's still not going to change the plan, it's not going to change his career outlook or ultimate result other than making people feel good about him and tone out the haters... it's a long process and we're still at the beginning of it. 

I get what you're saying and it is definitely a long process, and longer for one of the youngest QBs in the league that comes from a place like BYU. 

I generally hold my post in the ground for so long and then know when to relent, I was avid that JD had to go prior to this current draft class, posted in the fire JD thread like my skull was going to explode, then this draft happened and I'm happily willing to let him continue (for a time), same with Saleh (Hell, I even started the fire Saleh thread), but have since relented after seeing the defense realize its potential.

With all that being said, I will ALWAYS eviscerate anyone and everyone in the Sunday game thread, no holds barred, take no prisoners, no women and children off the boat first, nada. Gameday? If Zach, Saleh, or JD rub me the wrong way, better watch out, I'll be out for blood. 

sword blade GIF by BBQ Films

Monday through Saturday are another story though. 

• WTF? 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, Irish Jet said:

What a weird guy you are. I can imagine why you wouldn't stay on message boards when you're trying to psychologically profile each interaction. Your post during the week saying that Zach was showing a lot of progress in the Denver game was laughable - I called you out on it and explained my reasoning - Providing the context you claim to have such great insight to.

You can throw out meaningless buzzwords like how you're trying to "rationalize and contextualize" and tell everyone that an objectively awful display wasn't actually all that bad - If you're going to make absurd statements on a message board don't act like a pretentious prick when people call you out on it. I imagine that would be quite difficult for you. 

All the same mistakes Zach was making vs Denver he made again against the Pats. The same mistakes he's been making throughout his career - The same terrible habits under pressure, the same garbage accuracy on downfield throws, the same awful decisions - The "night and day" sh*t you're spewing about the increased understanding Zach has is just not showing up on the field and until it does it doesn't matter what anyone inside the building is telling you. He's bad. 

I wrote that the team and people closer to the league then we are feel Zach has shown a ton of progress because of his play within the offense. You've heard the coaches say it. You've heard some of the top QB analysts out there say it. But for some reason I'm your target? Lol. 

If I knew how to do studio-level screen recordings and had 5+ hours to breakdown game film and post a youtube video I would, but I have my own company and I have a life... posting breakdowns to "back up my claims" is not appealing to me. Discussing it is. The fact that I even take the time to respond to you is self-concerning in it of itself.

I've made very reasonable statements, yet some of you are on here acting like I am predicting that Zach Wilson will be the best QB in the NFL. I never once said any such thing. I've spoken about his rare arm talent, which everyone sees. I've spoken about his athletic ability, which everyone sees. I've spoken about how he's performed within the structure of the offense, which everyone could see if they put in the time and effort to rewatch and split those plays like I do. I've spoken about the offensive strategy and the expectations out of him, and that's probably the only thing that I have access to that others don't... I know the game better than you do; I have more resources than you do. That's enough for me... I don't care what you think about me, I don't care about proving you or anyone else wrong; if your goal is to prove me "wrong" and hold me accountable for making statements about a player's career over ONE GAME have a it lol. But if you're going to be a troll and try to mock me in a vulnerable moment when the Jets lose a game to a team that I hate after the QB makes 5 horrific decisions to seal the game in their favor yeah I will be a prick over that... you're acting like a puss on a message board for it. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, football guy said:

I wrote that the team and people closer to the league then we are feel Zach has shown a ton of progress because of his play within the offense. You've heard the coaches say it. You've heard some of the top QB analysts out there say it. But for some reason I'm your target? Lol. 

If I knew how to do studio-level screen recordings and had 5+ hours to breakdown game film and post a youtube video I would, but I have my own company and I have a life... posting breakdowns to "back up my claims" is not appealing to me. Discussing it is. The fact that I even take the time to respond to you is self-concerning in it of itself.

I've made very reasonable statements, yet some of you are on here acting like I am predicting that Zach Wilson will be the best QB in the NFL. I never once said any such thing. I've spoken about his rare arm talent, which everyone sees. I've spoken about his athletic ability, which everyone sees. I've spoken about how he's performed within the structure of the offense, which everyone could see if they put in the time and effort to rewatch and split those plays like I do. I've spoken about the offensive strategy and the expectations out of him, and that's probably the only thing that I have access to that others don't... I know the game better than you do; I have more resources than you do. That's enough for me... I don't care what you think about me, I don't care about proving you or anyone else wrong; if your goal is to prove me "wrong" and hold me accountable for making statements about a player's career over ONE GAME have a it lol. But if you're going to be a troll and try to mock me in a vulnerable moment when the Jets lose a game to a team that I hate after the QB makes 5 horrific decisions to seal the game in their favor yeah I will be a prick over that... you're acting like a puss on a message board for it. 

I've been against Zach Wilson since before we drafted him, and disagree with some of your posts. Still, I think you bring a lot to the board, and think you just need to ignore certain posters or troll them back with one liners. Putting this much time and effort into responding to them is doing you no favors and I assure you it's not going to change the way they interact with you.

Keep giving us the insights - regardless of who agrees or disagrees with them.

• Upvote 1