<<<<<<< Jets vs Patriots -- The Official Game Thread >>>>>>>

Maxman

1 minute ago, shevys said:

Honestly have no clue what you’re referring to, can you clarify? I was talking about one play, not his entire life, he should have run out of bounds. Is he your cousin or something?

Tell me you’re kidding. He is, that’s not a secret 

16 minutes ago, JTJet said:

I've came around a bit on JD somewhat, the team is set up for even an average QB now. Woody NEEDS to step in and tell him what's what. 

I mean Zach is so bad I can't see how a GM - a guy with 15 years NFL scouting experience can pick a guy so bad as Zach. While ignoring the all the red flags - small school - no comp - all the flags.

I don't trust this fat turd to set the course of the Jets for the next 5 years.

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

That roughing call killed what we could've had, but even with that it was still winnable.

IDC if he put up big volume stats, Wilson threw three of the worst picks you'll ever see and gave the game away. Game is just too much for him. If he was ever going to work he needed a 3 year apprenticeship and reworking ala Rodgers. Nothing looks easy for him. 

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1

Huge let down of a game. Even with the injuries I thought we had a chance to win this coming in. And we could have.

Cant be overstated how important breece hall was to this team.

Robinson is a JAG, there is nothing special about him one way or the other. He isnt bad, but he is take what's given type.

I was hoping Carter would step up and maybe he still will, but so far in his career it seems like he is a rotational back, he is no starter. A solid #2/#3 RB but nothing more.

Wilson is looking more and more like a massive bust every week. This kid needs to grow up and learn how to play the position.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, munchmemory said:

Wow.  Should have the Bills quaking in their boots.   Looks for Zach to get thunderstruck and throw at least three more picks as he runs tpo the right sideline and fling the ball up.

We weren't beating the Bills anyway.  I was just replying to him saying that the season was over because of certain players being injured.  Some of those injured players are coming back.

• Upvote 1

Just now, TuscanyTile2 said:

We weren't beating the Bills anyway.  I was just replying to him saying that the season was over because of certain players being injured.  Some of those injured players are coming back.

Not directed at you, TT.   At the world/universe.  I'm just pissed/disappointed at another terrible loss.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Paradis said:

Tell me you’re kidding. He is, that’s not a secret 

Seriously? Lol.  No idea if true or not.  

Regardless, I never root against our guys, but it was a stupid play to cut upfield instead of out of bounds. That’s all. Loved the pick a few years ago and would love to see him blossom here.  

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, ausman said:

I think this kid (ZW) has the tools.  But so far not the head.  And that second part is more important.  I’d say he needs time but it’s hard to believe it when he keeps making tge same mistakes in the same damn game over and over.

I haven't given up on him but he's been mostly either bad or ugly this season.  

8 minutes ago, Maynard13 said:

Not sure what you guys expected. No C Davis, no Becton, no Fant, no Breeece, no AVT, no Moore (who doesnt even give a sheet at this point).  Season ended last week. 

No excuses, but there’s no doubt losing the three best guys from the offense has hurt.

it was such a schizophrenic performance today. Wilson was looking pretty good to start the game, good first half. Over 150 yards, 1 TD, 0 INT. It just fell apart, he reverted to his stupid decision making with the football, tried to do too much. In a game ultimately lost by 5 points those decisions were the difference in the game.

The Jets could have even potentially survived with just one of those boneheaded plays amazingly. But two in a single game is completely inexcusable and becomes the reason they lost. 

• Upvote 2

Just now, jetstream23 said:

No excuses, but there’s no doubt losing the three best guys from the offense has hurt.

it was such a schizophrenic performance today. Wilson was looking pretty good to start the game, good first half. Over 150 yards, 1 TD, 0 INT. It just fell apart, he reverted to his stupid decision making with the football, tried to do too much. In a game ultimately lost by 5 points those decisions were the difference in the game.

The Jets could have even potentially survived with just one of those boneheaded plays amazingly. But two in a single game is completely inexcusable and becomes the reason they lost. 

JFM is the happiest guy in the building about Zach sh-tting the bed.

• Sympathy 1

1 minute ago, Big_Slick said:

I mean Zach is so bad I can't see how a GM - a guy with 15 years NFL scouting experience can pick a guy so bad as Zach. While ignoring the all the red flags - small school - no comp - all the flags.

I don't trust this fat turd to set the course of the Jets for the next 5 years.

Trust me I get it. 

I've been one of the most loyal posters on the "Fire Joe Douglas" thread, but you can't deny this current draft class and AVT and both Michael Carters from last year. 

I'm sorta fine giving him a shot at a QB, AS LONG as Woody gives him some parameters. 

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, DLJ said:

It would’ve been 17-3

We lost all momentum at that point.

Right and then you’d be treated to the Pats QB melting down.  I just hate the way the NFL wants officials in the forefront of the game.  Maybe coaches should be allowed to challenge those calls, in effect an appeal to a higher authority.  That call and the one earlier were both brutal.  The kind Bellichick akways seems to get in every game.  

Just now, munchmemory said:

Why can't Zach just step out instead of flinging the ball into space/coverage.   Punt the ball!

Zach was reckless as heck today.  The half assed throw out of bounds that ended up getting picked.  The horrible last INT.  Even one where he rolled to his left and, instead of throwing it away, he threw it to the end zone.  Luckily it dropped incomplete but there was no point in that throw.

• Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1

Just now, TuscanyTile2 said:

Zach was reckless as heck today.  The half assed throw out of bounds that ended up getting picked.  The horrible last INT.  Even one where he rolled to his left and, instead of throwing it away, he threw it to the end zone.  Luckily it dropped incomplete but there was no point in that throw.

Dead on.   Look, without a shred of exaggeration, against a good team those picks result in at least two more TDs against us.  We lose by at least 20.  We were lucky to be playing against Mac Jones, who I think like Zach is not a competent NFL QB.  I would have gone with Zappe after half.   Jones looks slow, waits too long, and takes a bunch of sacks.  A bust like the rest in that QB class.