<<<<<<< Jets vs Patriots -- The Official Game Thread >>>>>>>

Maxman

46 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Wilson is a bottom three QB in the NFL. He probably just played the best half of football that he’s currently capable of, and it still ended up as one of the worst quarterback performances you’ll ever see. It wasn’t one game, it’s been his career

That being said the team has lost one game this year when he was a starter and this was his first truly bad game. They’re not going to bench him yet, he’s still a very high draft pick that hasn’t gotten a full season to prove what he is. Sadly, I think you’re right, he doesn’t have the skills and its a wasted draft pick. But I don’t think that they will end the career of a second year number two overall player until there is real danger of not making the playoffs, or if todays performance becomes the new norm.

Overall my point wasn’t that Zach Wilson didn’t suck today, and that anyone should feel confident that he is the answer going forward. My point was, Selah isn’t going to lose the team over one loss by 5 points if he starts Wilson next week

• Upvote 1

Just now, Yeetin It said:

That being said the team has lost one game this year when he was a starter and this was his first truly bad game. They’re not going to bench him yet, he’s still a very high draft pick that hasn’t gotten a full season to prove what he is. Sadly, I think you’re right, he doesn’t have the skills and its a wasted draft pick. But I don’t think that they will end the career of a second year number two overall player until there is real danger of not making the playoffs, or if todays performance becomes the new norm.

Overall my point wasn’t that Zach Wilson didn’t suck today, and that anyone should feel confident that he is the answer going forward. My point was, Selah isn’t going to lose the team over one loss by 5 points if he starts Wilson next week

No stop it!

It’s time for allllllll of us to face reality, Zach Wilson is the problem and Is holding the team back. Don’t believe me?

Just go check out the teams body language anytime Zach does one of his standard boneheaded plays. Sticking with this kid will definitely divide and split the locker room 

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, munchmemory said:

I'm done with this friggin' team.   Same rah-rah, then bust for decades.  I was 13 when we won the SB.  These Sundays are no longer even a bit interesting or unexpected.  Only good thing is that Woody had to watch another colossal loss against NE in front of home fans.  Fuk you Woody.

Damn... You're old!

(So am I... Wahhhhh!!!!)

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, oatmeal said:

No stop it!

It’s time for allllllll of us to face reality, Zach Wilson is the problem and Is holding the team back. Don’t believe me?

Just go check out the teams body language anytime Zach does one of his standard boneheaded plays. Sticking with this kid will definitely divide and split the locker room 

Id love for them to start another QB, y’all are misinterpreting what I’m saying. But I also know that Wilson will be the starter next week. He’s QB1, he’s going to get a chance to bounce back.

if he’s not, i will genuinely be shocked

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Ghost said:

We do not have a better option on this team. Does he suck? Yes.  But Mike White is not better. 

i think White sucks, but im willing to give him another chance. maybe he learned something from last year where Zach has not. even Flacco is better than Zach. thats how bad he is

1 hour ago, doitny said:

i think White sucks, but im willing to give him another chance. maybe he learned something from last year where Zach has not. even Flacco is better than Zach. thats how bad he is

You’re crazy. Joe Flacco is not better than Zach Wilson and I think Wilson is ******* awful. His 2nd interception was embarrassing. 

13 minutes ago, Ghost said:

You’re crazy. Joe Flacco is not better than Zach Wilson and I think Wilson is ******* awful. His 2nd interception was embarrassing. 

Zach has a 55% comp with 3 TDs and 5 INTs.  Flacco is at 57% with 5 TDs and 3 INTs.

Zach is that bad that Flacco is an upgrade.

too much is made of Zachs mobility. so what he does nothing with it but avoids a sack and makes dangerous throws. Flacco makes better decisions and will get sacked but he wont run at the 1st sign of pressure and make some plays.

right now i cant stand to watch Zach anymore. 

• Upvote 1

Zach has a 55% comp with 3 TDs and 5 INTs.  Flacco is at 57% with 5 TDs and 3 INTs.
Zach is that bad that Flacco is an upgrade.
too much is made of Zachs mobility. so what he does nothing with it but avoids a sack and makes dangerous throws. Flacco makes better decisions and will get sacked but he wont run at the 1st sign of pressure and make some plays.
right now i cant stand to watch Zach anymore. 

Stop scouting the stat line. And for the record Zach is awful against being pressured.
  • Upvote 1

4 hours ago, fullblast said:

Not to blame the refs but how is this not OPI?

image.thumb.png.902ffe3c9a4b7be7be80f6996ab2236b.png

They get virtually EVERY call, ever since Brady.  It’s sickening.  That out that Berrios ran at a critical time on 3rd down, he was being held by BOTH has arms after he cut, Ref was right in the vicinity.  Their OL gets to Hold almost every play, again since Brady.

• Upvote 1

14 hours ago, Irish Jet said:

Really out here using the term “cucky” lol

Yes, you come off as weak. The fact that you're sitting around waiting for the opportunity to throw a QB's performance for a team we both root for in my face as if to pat yourself on the back... we lost. You going to brag if your wife is getting plowed by someone else too? Some words pack more meaning than others, so yes, there you go. 

13 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

"Night and day"

Yes. Zach did not play well. He tried doing too much and it did the Jets in. One day, or one game for that matter, does not make up for 200 others of what the team sees as night and day progression. But Jetsfan80 writing blog posts attacking other jets fans knows best. Some of the jackasses in this fan base make trying to root for the team in a community insufferable smh 

• Post of the Week 1

26 minutes ago, football guy said:

Yes, you come off as weak. The fact that you're sitting around waiting for the opportunity to throw a QB's performance for a team we both root for in my face as if to pat yourself on the back... we lost. You going to brag if your wife is getting plowed by someone else too? Some words pack more meaning than others, so yes, there you go. 

This is pretty creepy tbh.

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, football guy said:

What's creepy is some video game freak going out of their way to tag me in a post in attempt at mockery after the Jets lost because the QB did not have a great game. You're a loser lol. This is why I never stay on internet boards  

do you think you would be able to sniff out if they have soured on ZW?

what do you hear the coaches think about his field vision?  i hear people say it's quite bad (on this message board).

2 hours ago, football guy said:

Yes. Zach did not play well. He tried doing too much and it did the Jets in. One day, or one game for that matter, does not make up for 200 others of what the team sees as night and day progression. But Jetsfan80 writing blog posts attacking other jets fans knows best. Some of the jackasses in this fan base make trying to root for the team in a community insufferable smh 

1 hour ago, Irish Jet said:

This is pretty creepy tbh.

What's creepy is some video game freak going out of their way to tag me in a post in attempt at mockery after the Jets lost because the QB did not have a great game. You're a loser lol. This is why I never stay on internet boards  

If you weren't such an egotistical sh*tbag all because you have connections in the front office, people wouldn't tag you in posts like these and be such meanies.

@Mogglez has connections too but he doesn't act like you do.

Humble yourself.  The guy you sat and watched film with doesn't know what he's talking about.  Zach Wilson isn't making "night and day" progress.  This isn't one lousy game "negating" his improvement.  He's not "improving".  He sucks.  And to top it off, he played selfish yesterday.    

I appreciate the insights you provide but no one really cares if you stay or go.  You aren't important.  You constantly talk about leaving but never do.  This isn't an airport.  You don't need to announce your departure.  Stay, go, whatever.  No one cares.

• Upvote 2

There are stats and concerns that added to our L yesterday other than that crucial roughing the passer call which on its own turned the game around. Berrios was also out of the game plan and he was ineffective as a return man. They covered him and our field position was consistently bad. Mack Jones ran for 7-19 and the yards he gained were important I think two first downs maybe just one not sure. Whereas Zach was 1-2 on the ground. And NEP rushing yardage was 127 Stevenson high with 71. The Jets was 51 26 high was Carter. It’s good to see Zach throw the ball esp downfield and some of his throws like that last TD were great but too little too late and overall too inaccurate. 

6 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

If you weren't such an egotistical sh*tbag all because you have connections in the front office, people wouldn't tag you in posts like these and be such meanies.

@Mogglez has connections too but he doesn't act like you do.

Humble yourself.  The guy you sat and watched film with doesn't know what he's talking about.  Zach Wilson isn't making "night and day" progress.  This isn't one lousy game "negating" his improvement.  He's not "improving".  He sucks.  And to top it off, he played selfish yesterday.    

I appreciate the insights you provide but no one really cares if you stay or go.  You aren't important.  You constantly talk about leaving but never do.  This isn't an airport.  You don't need to announce your departure.  Stay, go, whatever.  No one cares.

Having connections has nothing to do with it. I know this game regardless and I have zero respect for people on the internet who lack the intellectual ability to rationalize and contextualize information yet put in zero effort to respond to thoughtful dialogue with equality thoughtful dialogue. I get questions about perspectives directly felt by people who are closer to the situation then we are and I usually share, yet every time I’m met with gnats like you who simply look to troll because you don’t agree or you’re insecure over your existence… lol I have no idea. If you have nothing but sh*t to contribute why burden me with it? So no, I don’t need to be humbled. 

As far as posting or not, I go when I want and post when I want. You make it as if I’m a regular here lol. I read some posts by posters who actually put forth good insightful content so I find myself contributing as well, but by no means is it to engage in pointless discussion with useless gnats. Regardless, you and your opinions of me sure as hell won’t impact things one way or another. You have a problem with that then just leave me be lol. I’ve never turned down a challenge nor have I ever hid behind an avatar because I don’t believe in this insane message board culture. The bulk of you just use this platform to whine and be miserable anonymously anyway so go do you

• Upvote 3

6 minutes ago, football guy said:

Having connections has nothing to do with it. I know this game regardless and I have zero respect for people on the internet who lack the intellectual ability to rationalize and contextualize information yet put in zero effort to respond to thoughtful dialogue with equality thoughtful dialogue. I get questions about perspectives directly felt by people who are closer to the situation then we are and I usually share, yet every time I’m met with gnats like you who simply look to troll because you don’t agree or you’re insecure over your existence… lol I have no idea. If you have nothing but sh*t to contribute why burden me with it? So no, I don’t need to be humbled. 

As far as posting or not, I go when I want and post when I want. You make it as if I’m a regular here lol. I read some posts by posters who actually put forth good insightful content so I find myself contributing as well, but by no means is it to engage in pointless discussion with useless gnats. Regardless, you and your opinions of me sure as hell won’t impact things one way or another. You have a problem with that then just leave me be lol. I’ve never turned down a challenge nor have I ever hid behind an avatar because I don’t believe in this insane message board culture. The bulk of you just use this platform to whine and be miserable anonymously anyway so go do you

"Gnats like you".  Again, you're an egotistical sh*tbag, regardless of how much you "know the game".  So go do you in kind.  

14 minutes ago, football guy said:

The bulk of you just use this platform to whine and be miserable

People on here tend to think that the forum is a reflection of the total fanbase, it most certainly is not. 

These forums attract the most fervent of fans that want and need to talk about the Jets 24/7 (myself included) both positively and negatively, but that is about .0005% of the totality of the fan base. 

This forum is certainly split on Zach, but the mass of the fanbase (the normies so to speak) are mostly still positive on him, although yesterday was a huge tipping point for a bulk of those normies, and the media certainly started turning on him, Orlovsky/Eisen/Etc. 

Personally, I gave up on him after the dumb preseason injury. I think yesterday was the point of no return, and tend to trust what I'm seeing with my own two eyes on the field. Maybe he is perfect in practice and in the film room but it's not showing up on the field outside of managing a team with a dominant run game, but that's not sustainable long term in this league. 

As much as I wanted Zach to succeed, I just dont see it happening anymore. 

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, football guy said:

They feel Zach has made leaps and bounds improvements from within structure because he’s much more well prepared this year and he understands what defenses are trying to do to him (as you allude to, people on here wants to read that because they’re miserable cynists). The irony is that everyone felt he was best outside of structure because of the playmaking ability, yet that’s where he’s been struggling to see the field most. Just look at yesterday: 19/30, 2 TDs, 1 INT, and 1 throw away from within structure versus 1/11 and 2 INTs and 6 throw aways outside of it. 

What frustrates those inside the building—specifically Joe Douglas—is that Zach knows when he’s about to do something stupid but he does it anyway. He really needs to really correct his on-field ego. Yes he’s avoiding sacks and yes he leads the NFL in throw away percentage which is what he’s been asked to do, but too many times he’s escaping and not playing it safe… he’s doing it with the intent to fish for a big play. The Jets do not want him doing this; they want him to get rid of it unless there’s a clear read or a busted coverage. 

My opinion is that the main reason why this keeps happening is that they lack a drill sergeant that would force him to focus more. When he loses focus is when things get off track. Nothing is changing anytime soon and he’s going to remain the QB for the foreseeable future regardless 

I appreciate your insights.  In your opinion, on his 3rd step, when he should be planting his right foot, but instead starts to bail out, are receivers not open, is he not seeing receivers who are open, do LaFleur’s route trees tale too long to develop,  or is the pass rush already in his face?   I realize that the answer may be all of the above on different plays, but how would you rank the causes of the bail out?
     On a somewhat separate note, do the offensive coaches have an aversion to quick slant patterns?  I rarely see one called.  They seem to call more horizontal crossing routes.   
       Finally, Zach had no problem doing what everyone, including the coaches, wanted him to do in the Pitt game.  Why do you think this hasn’t been repeated, as of now?

They feel Zach has made leaps and bounds improvements from within structure because he’s much more well prepared this year and he understands what defenses are trying to do to him (as you allude to, people on here wants to read that because they’re miserable cynists). The irony is that everyone felt he was best outside of structure because of the playmaking ability, yet that’s where he’s been struggling to see the field most. Just look at yesterday: 19/30, 2 TDs, 1 INT, and 1 throw away from within structure versus 1/11 and 2 INTs and 6 throw aways outside of it. 

What frustrates those inside the building—specifically Joe Douglas—is that Zach knows when he’s about to do something stupid but he does it anyway. He really needs to really correct his on-field ego. Yes he’s avoiding sacks and yes he leads the NFL in throw away percentage which is what he’s been asked to do, but too many times he’s escaping and not playing it safe… he’s doing it with the intent to fish for a big play. The Jets do not want him doing this; they want him to get rid of it unless there’s a clear read or a busted coverage. 

My opinion is that the main reason why this keeps happening is that they lack a drill sergeant that would force him to focus more. When he loses focus is when things get off track. Nothing is changing anytime soon and he’s going to remain the QB for the foreseeable future regardless 

What is their explanation for the bizarre short throw misses? Cost him the first INT. Please don’t say footwork because an NFL qb needs to make that throw with their eyes closed 

• More Ugh 1

3 hours ago, football guy said:

Thanks for this great color.  Appreciate it. 

maybe you correct is on field ego with a benching.