<<<<<<< Jets vs Patriots -- The Official Game Thread >>>>>>>

Maxman

1 minute ago, munchmemory said:

Dead on.   Look, without a shred of exaggeration, against a good team those picks result in at least two more TDs against us.  We lose by at least 20.  We were lucky to be playing against Mac Jones, who I think like Zach is not a competent NFL QB.  I would have gone with Zappe after half.   Jones looks slow, waits too long, and takes a bunch of sacks.  A bust like the rest in that QB class. 

Mac is not good, yet they controlled the game against us.  Sickening!

• Upvote 1

34 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Dr Dre Oh Snap GIF

Dude said Selahs going to lose the team over one game. If Wilson continues to struggle and turn the ball over, then ya not benching him will cause him to lose the team. 

we knew going into this season one bad game would not cause Wilson to be benched

• Sympathy 1

10 minutes ago, RevisIsland610 said:

Yes it did. It totally changed the game and momentum. 17-3 became 10-6 at the half. If that pick 6 is allowed to stand the Jets win this game. 

It changes the entire trajectory of the 2nd half. More was asked of Zach as a result, and he sh*t the bed. The Patriots didn't beat the Jets, the Jets beat themselves. Maybe the Pats win a tight one in the end, who knows. Not taking anything away from the Pats or the coach or their game plan, just going on what actually happened. 

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

We weren't beating the Bills anyway.  I was just replying to him saying that the season was over because of certain players being injured.  Some of those injured players are coming back.

Right.  That’s what’s so frustrating.  This gane was winnable.  But too many 3rd down conversions allowed early, terrible QB play and those two first half roughing calls — neither of which were — killed us.  You can tell they weren’t by the make up holding calls on the Pats the very next plays twice.

• Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, munchmemory said:

I'm done with this friggin' team.   Same rah-rah, then bust for decades.  I was 13 when we won the SB.  These Sundays are no longer even a bit interesting or unexpected.  Only good thing is that Woody had to watch another colossal loss against NE in front of home fans.  Fuk you Woody.

Then Woody went home and had a soothing half bottle of  Pappy Van Winkle in front of nice roaring fire made from 100 dollar bills

• Haha 1

Just now, Yeetin It said:

Dude said Selahs going to lose the team over one game. If Wilson continues to struggle and turn the ball over, then ya not benching him will cause him to lose the team. 

we knew going into this season one bad game would not cause Wilson to be benched

Wilson is a bottom three QB in the NFL. He probably just played the best half of football that he’s currently capable of, and it still ended up as one of the worst quarterback performances you’ll ever see. It wasn’t one game, it’s been his career

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, thebuzzardman said:

Then Woody went home and had a soothing half bottle of  Pappy Van Winkle in front of nice roaring fire made from 100 dollar bills

Most likely, cook prepared a restorative menu as well.   And I'm sure staff added the extra-comfy "after game linens" and aroma therapy candles to the bed chamber.

3 minutes ago, Jetpain said:

He took multiple steps.  i dont like it either, but that penalty is getting called every time

He hit him as the ball left his hand.  Commentators said he “launched” himself.  But that’s a bang bang play.  As long as didn’t get his head, I don’r see how that’s a penalty. Jet QBs get hit later and no call.  It’s bs.

1 minute ago, munchmemory said:

Pats always seem to adjust defensively against us.   Lots of other teams, too.  People hate the POS, but Bellicheat knows how to make half time adjustments.

He wins field position.  He takes a weak QB like Zack and makes every drive 80-90 yards on every drive.  Success rate for a QB of Zacks current skills to consistently move the chains 80-90 yards is slim without a solid run ga,me.  We then decide to call 15 run plays for the game.  Belicheck may be best ever but we certainly didnt do ourselves any favors.

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

21 minutes ago, JTJet said:

Trust me I get it. 

I've been one of the most loyal posters on the "Fire Joe Douglas" thread, but you can't deny this current draft class and AVT and both Michael Carters from last year. 

I'm sorta fine giving him a shot at a QB, AS LONG as Woody gives him some parameters. 

If you give anyone the top picks JD had in this draft they'd pick some good players. I'd bet some guys on here - jetfan80, Jif, Tom and some others could have put together a draft as good as JD if not even better if they had the same picks.

Wilson is a bottom three QB in the NFL. He probably just played the best half of football that he’s currently capable of, and it still ended up as one of the worst quarterback performances you’ll ever see. It wasn’t one game, it’s been his career
I have to agree ... It's clear to me now that the Jets coaching QB staff is an utter joke.

The repeated grammar school heroics are an easy coaching fix. This staff is incapable of coaching the QB position. 'Just let Zach be Zach'

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

The most terrifying thing for me is through almost a year and a half, Wilson has never thrown for more than 2 TD!  The #2 overall pick has never done that... that means statistically if the Jets were down by 2 or more scores, they're literally cooked with Zach Wilson at the helm.  It's unsustainable.... If this is what he is, you have to cut bait and as soon as possible.  I hope not, but geez that's a real terrifying stat line in a league where its heavily skewed offensively.?

3 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Receivers hate the bad quarterback and want a new quarterback. News at 11

Bingo.  You could see the frustration from the TE (Obugwe-sp?) when ZW missed the TE in the endzone on 4th down with about 8 to play.  That throw has to be made.

• Upvote 1

I think this kid (ZW) has the tools.  But so far not the head.  And that second part is more important.  I’d say he needs time but it’s hard to believe it when he keeps making tge same mistakes in the same damn game over and over.
Zach has talent ... But no coaches.

He repeatedly is throwing off platform ... Playing hero ball ... And playing out of rythmn.

Because the Jets can't coach the QB position they should trade Zach for any aging vet willing to come our way ... Drafting a QB will result in the same situation we are in now.

The most terrifying thing for me is through almost a year and a half, Wilson has never thrown for more than 2 TD!  The #2 overall pick has never done that... that means statistically if the Jets were down by 2 or more scores, they're literally cooked with Zach Wilson at the helm.  It's unsustainable.... If this is what he is, you have to cut bait and as soon as possible.  I hope not, but geez that's a real terrifying stat line in a league where its heavily skewed offensively.

How many times has the number 1 pick done it ... Being serious, I really don't know.