Get off Zach's Sac

LSJF

52 minutes ago, 56mehl56 said:

Big difference 3 games vs 5 . And as absurd as it sounds Flacco played behind a more stable version of the Oline.  Getting Brown back helps but losing AVT, Mitchell and Fant has created a problem.  

Yes who could forget the blocks of granite that were George Fant and Max Mitchell. 

0B9BCF40-CF60-413B-95D8-0E2B08EF07CF.jpeg

B29C8047-97D6-46CC-A17B-10F87C2A2114.jpeg

2 hours ago, TheClashFan said:

Those are interesting stats, but with the OL different almost from week to week so far this season, I'm not sure they really say that much.  Zach's stats include a stretch against very tough defenses, and 2 of those on the road, as you noted yourself in an earlier post.

BTW, I'm not a "Zach defender." I'm very skeptical about him....like you I think his ability to read defenses and quickly get a throw out is just not there most of the time and may never be.  Two of his 3 INT's this past Sunday were just terrible decisions, and he still has overthrow issues (like on the other INT) that are going to continue to yield INTs if he doesn't clean that up.

At the same time, I think the Jets are going to continue to fail at developing young QBs if they cannot put together a quality OL.  The Jets haven't had a truly good OL since Sanchez's first two years when the Jets went to the AFCCG with a young, "not good" QB.

I posted those in response to a poster trying to make the case that Flacco is a helpless sack magnet while Wilson was a springy deer who couldn’t be brought down. The difference between the two has been their time to throw. Flacco got the ball off and Zach squeezes it. 

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, cat999 said:

Yes it was actually.  With only 57 attempts, that's an 8.1 YPA which is excellent.  After a rough start at Pittsburgh, he played great in the 4th Q and had a good game against Miami.  Some of the analytics nerds (not PFF) who break down every Wilson throw are worth checking out as stats alone don't always tell the story.

It's the last 2 weeks in particular where he's been bad.  Who knows if he and the staff can correct it, but after his second start this season, things were trending up.  Time is running out, but he has 'flashed'.

He’s flashed ass.

• Thumb Down 1

20 hours ago, MARTIN said:

I dont care if my qb is a dick to the beat. at all. The beat is scum. They ask dumb ass questions just to stir the pot and then try to act like they are your friends. Many of the people on the beat are scum. The same questions, over and over, worded slightly differently. If i was qb i would stare them in the eye like a damn psychopath when they asked me dumbass questions... M Clemons Style 

Even if Clemons ends up a middling player (and I think he will be better than that), you are spot on.  He knows he has an intimidating  presence and as a rookie can tell these douche lords to eff off with a single look.  I hope one day he steps in to a ZW q&a and serves them all a nice glass of STFU.   Zach is young.  The book has not been written.  We never expected to be having these playoff convos in November.  And please recall, the press was brutal on Sanchez and it didn’t serve the Jets one bit.  They play on a market that loves to chew up Jets QBs and spit them out.  We have the horses for a change at least a year earlier than expected.  I would love for ZW to turn it on Sunday, but I also know that he will make plenty of mistakes this year.  I want him to be good.  I’d love for him to be great.  Conversely,  I want to d_ck punch most of these media types because they are being asshats for clicks - not because they are Jets fans who are pissed because Zach might not lead us back to the playoffs.  I’d say the real problem being QB of the Jets is not the team.  It’s the market.  It HAS to have been a factor in the 30 plus years of QB suckitide (give or take Farve for 9 games and Chad a few seasons).

I was pushed after the game o. Sunday, but man I am REALLY enjoying the season.  Been a long time since I could say that!

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, T0mShane said:

I posted those in response to a poster trying to make the case that Flacco is a helpless sack magnet while Wilson was a springy deer who couldn’t be brought down. The difference between the two has been their time to throw. Flacco got the ball off and Zach squeezes it. 

C'mon Tom you can do better than this . Everyone knows that Zach has saved countless sacks by avoiding the rush and dumping the ball. Looking at sack totals between him and Flacco is ridiculous. How many sacks do you think Flacco would taken against GB/Den/NE and this week against Buffalo . I can guarantee you it's probably triple of  Wilson's totals. 

2 hours ago, FidelioJet said:

What you’re missing here is many if these Jet fans are happy about Zach’s failures.   
Their egos far surpass their fandom.   Their relentless attacks, since pre-draft, brings glory to them when Zach plays poorly.  

It’s baffling really… There’s nothing to gain if he sucks, who is taking his place?

3 hours ago, More Cowbell said:

I just love it the way you are pontificating  to nobody in particular.  What we are doing is pointing out that Zach has not shown enough to this point. Would we like for the switch to flip and he starts stepping up into the pocket or running forward when he is about to be sacked instead of backwards? I mean that would be a start right. We all want Zach to do well, the thing is Zach is ranked near dead last in the league at his position. It isn't  often a QB who is ranked this poorly for two seasons suddenly  makes a leap, but we will see. I for one want Zach to start all remaining games this season. We sink or swim but if we sink, Zach needs to be challenged for the starting job next year.

I agree he gets this year, I’m hoping, based on the weariness of starting all over again with a new draft pick, or some re-tread… 

3 minutes ago, LSJF said:

It’s baffling really… There’s nothing to gain if he sucks, who is taking his place?

I'm starting to come around. What's to lose, being optimistic. Zach could have a career day. It could happen. Until then, I'm going to think positive thoughts.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, 56mehl56 said:

C'mon Tom you can do better than this . Everyone knows that Zach has saved countless sacks by avoiding the rush and dumping the ball. Looking at sack totals between him and Flacco is ridiculous. How many sacks do you think Flacco would taken against GB/Den/NE and this week against Buffalo . I can guarantee you it's probably triple of  Wilson's totals. 

I think I would agree to this much:

1. Zach eludes a lot of sack opportunities.

2. Zach creates a lot of sack opportunities. Teams know he can’t punish them for blitzing, so he sees a lot of blitzes. 

3. If Flacco held the ball for as long as Zach does, he’s have been sacked a lot more.

4. If Zach got the ball off in 2.6 seconds (like Flacco) instead of 3.1 seconds (like Zach) he’d be a better QB. 

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, FidelioJet said:

What you’re missing here is many if these Jet fans are happy about Zach’s failures.   
Their egos far surpass their fandom.   Their relentless attacks, since pre-draft, brings glory to them when Zach plays poorly.  

Things that, if they were to happen, would give me the most joy/pleasure in life:

1.  Rihanna and Emily Ratajkowski at the same time

2.  Self-Actualization

3.  The Jets having a true franchise QB

------

------

------

------

586.  Being right that Zach Wilson actually sucks

• Thumb Down 1
  • Haha 1

41 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Things that, if they were to happen, would give me the most joy/pleasure in life:

1.  Rihanna and Emily Ratajkowski at the same time

2.  Self-Actualization

3.  The Jets having a true franchise QB

------

------

------

------

586.  Being right that Zach Wilson actually sucks

I need to know what #585 and 587 are

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, FidelioJet said:

All people are doing is stating what's actually happening that does not make them Zach haters or Bad Fans. I have stated numerous times I want Zach to light it up and show us he's capable because I call him out on bad play does not make me a hater it's just me telling the truth about his play. When he plays good I give him credit as well but that has been few and far between .

• Upvote 1

25 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

585.  Finally getting around to reading The Count of Monte Cristo for a 2nd time (probably too low on this one if I'm being honest)

587.  Finding $20 in an old pair of jeans

Fuggin filthy hater with goals outside of the Jets

• Haha 1