Get off Zach's Sac

LSJF

3 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

This was inevitable. The beat writers all simultaneously turned on Zach at the same time, and that coincided with Saleh messing around with the backup situation. There’s blood in the water and they don’t want to be the last homer standing. I will say that it’s harsh to turn on Zach after the Packers—Broncos—Belichick stretch because Zach was always going to struggle in those games. If you thought he was promising after the Steelers and Miami game, you should still feel like he’s a promising young QB. If you were a Zach-skeptic, the good news is that you have more data showing you were correct. Bottom line, time grows short for Zach to turn it around. I do not think the beat guys unilaterally decided to pull their middling support for Zach by themselves. I think they think he’s got one foot in the grave

John Oliver Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

1 minute ago, T0mShane said:

This was inevitable. The beat writers all simultaneously turned on Zach at the same time, and that coincided with Saleh messing around with the backup situation. There’s blood in the water and they don’t want to be the last homer standing. I will say that it’s harsh to turn on Zach after the Packers—Broncos—Belichick stretch because Zach was always going to struggle in those games. If you thought he was promising after the Steelers and Miami game, you should still feel like he’s a promising young QB. If you were a Zach-skeptic, the good news is that you have more data showing you were correct. Bottom line, time grows short for Zach to turn it around. I do not think the beat guys unilaterally decided to pull their middling support for Zach by themselves. I think they think he’s got one foot in the grave

It's basic, if he fails we all fail, and what is the alternative, it's not so appealing...we all thought someone like Russell Wilson was gonna kill it with the Broncos...Or draft another youngster? Ehh ...He might be a bust, but I don't blame the Jets for being patient, for once it appears there is a plan...Maybe JD is looking in the just in case(he seems to be clever)

4 minutes ago, JTJet said:

This isn't true. If he fails, it would lead to bringing in just an average QB to a team that looks ready. In this scenario, we all win. 

...(Except Zach)

I don't know, I still think Zach at this point is Bust or Boom still...He flashes, he could at least get to average, he's had his moments

6 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

If he fails, you want him to do it spectacularly and quickly. The worst thing the Jets can do is drag it out like they did with Darnold and Sanchez. It’s fine if you want to give him the rest of the season, but if he’s not a top 15 QB for a significant amount of snaps down the stretch, they need to pull the ripcord. They’re not changing the coach or the system, and something will have to give

I agree, he gets better this season and inspires than we will be happy!

if not...

catapult GIF

• Haha 3

8 minutes ago, derp said:

I think one of the things that confuses me is the idea that those pointing out criticisms of Wilson aren't rooting for his success.

I've been pretty openly concerned about his ability against pressure this season  - and all the way back to before he was drafted based on how good the BYU OL was. Early in the game Sunday, Wilson had a nice little play where he rolled away from pressure and hit Conklin. My reaction was excitement that maybe he was finding answers to the issues against pressure that I felt he'd had earlier in the season, not disappointment I might be wrong that he struggles against pressure and might not be able to overcome that. As the game went on, I was disappointed the issues against pressure cropped back up repeatedly, not excited I could come on here and complain about him.

I'm a fan of the New York Jets - I want the team to be good. Specifically, to win a Super Bowl while I'm still alive. This team has a lot of really nice pieces - the defense has been playing well, there are some nice pass catchers, the run game was awesome early in the season. The clearest path to that is Zach Wilson being a franchise QB. If he's not a guy who can have this team competing for Lombard trophies, then I want them to identify that quickly and move on.

Ultimately he plays the most important position in professional sports in the largest media market, and is playing for a team that's currently winning games instead of playing terribly in all facets like the last few years. He's going to be under the microscope. That's the nature of playing that position in general, that position for this franchise, and especially that position for this franchise when the team actually seems like they're headed into a window of being competitive.

Last year before he'd put any film out and when the rest of the team wasn't playing well it didn't matter quite as much. This year, that clock is ticking. 

This is completely rational...Ive read a new thread a minute on how he sucks and theres no hope

• Upvote 3

Watched ZW’s locker room Q & A today.

Looks like he’s cracking or about to. Too thin-skinned.   

Sancho had the personality to handle NY.  The smile, the ability to laugh at himself.  Unfortunately he didn’t have the game to go with it.

Wilson looks like he’s dying to go home, back to Provo and his sycophants or whatever.

You can’t have 3 ugly INTs like that in the most important game of the year and expect to not be asked about it.

• Upvote 6
  • Thumb Down 2

5 minutes ago, kevinc855 said:

Who is rooting against Zach? I'm rooting for one thing....WINS. That usually means our QB has to play well, or at least play competent game manager, while the Defense takes care of business. 

This false narrative that being concerned about Wilson makes you somehow less of a fan blag blah is ridiculous and offensive. Do I think he should start this week? Absolutely, and prob the rest of the season. However, if 27 games in his tenure (the end of this year) hes still kind of a meddling semi ok QB who is scrambling like a chicken with no head on we 100 percent need to re-evaluate the QB position in 23. If you dont think so you are negligent as a fan and rooting for a player more then the teams long term success. 

Dont take Zach personal, its a business. These guys get paid to perform. If you dont perform......see ya

My point bitching about him, which is fine to vent, won't do anything, our coaches are showing some patience and belief, which is to be commended..he has this season to make the leap,,if not we make alternative plans, while he is still on the roster (competition)

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Warfish said:

I am capable of holding two distinct thoughts or ideas in my head at once.

1. I am quite hyped for Buffalo, my first ever Jets Home game after many decades of fandom.

2. I am rooting every Sunday for Zach to spit in my eye and prove me wrong.

3. My brain says it's never going to happen.  And I don't turn off my brain to make others happy.

4. What difference does it make to you or anyone else?  If anything I think or say in any way effects your fandom or happiness, that's on you.

All good points...mine being, not to be a homer about it, but I do admire the patience from the Jets brass, Zach has flashed maybe he will leap, but bitching about him will do nothing... However...Enjoy the game!

• Upvote 2

31 minutes ago, LSJF said:

It's basic, if he fails we all fail, and what is the alternative, it's not so appealing...we all thought someone like Russell Wilson was gonna kill it with the Broncos...Or draft another youngster? Ehh ...He might be a bust, but I don't blame the Jets for being patient, for once it appears there is a plan...Maybe JD is looking in the just in case(he seems to be clever)

Dude, jets are a surprising a very good team. We lost 2 very important players for the yr, two players who really helped mask a lot of Zack’s weaknesses. Let’s be realistic, zack didn’t come from exactly a pro ready college program. Not every young qb comes out of the gate and kills it. Look at geno lol.. But we can make the playoffs with just game mgr material at qb.

The D is that good, and we have good play makers on O. This is painfully reminded me of 09/10, where we had a similar great team all around, held back by a inconsistent young qb. We barely made the playoffs both yrs. Yet made it two both afc championships. The goal right now is obvious for saleh and Douglas, they want to make the playoffs. That is their number 1 goal, not the feelings of Zack Wilson. He can still learn, mature on bench watching on Sundays, and in practice, meetings, etc. But they are not going to let Zack “sink the ship” all on his own, while we have a good chance to make playoffs with average qb play. Mike white Is not a superstar we hope Zack May one day become, but he may be the “ average Joe “ game mgr Sanchez was just enough for jets to make playoff run in 09/10.

And remember, Sanchez was benched a few times when he had his toddler meltdowns and threw ball all over, But he was back in following week. A similar scenario could play out this week if Zack is looking bad again. But let’s hope for best ?

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

27 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

If he fails, you want him to do it spectacularly and quickly. The worst thing the Jets can do is drag it out like they did with Darnold and Sanchez. It’s fine if you want to give him the rest of the season, but if he’s not a top 15 QB for a significant amount of snaps down the stretch, they need to pull the ripcord. They’re not changing the coach or the system, and something will have to give

If you believe BS and JD, he’s going to get the year regardless.

Let’s see what he can do.

With ZW’s injury history and lack of awareness though, there’s a nonzero chance we’ll see Mike White at some point this season despite Saleh’s obstinacy.

• Upvote 2

31 minutes ago, JoeNamathsFurCoat said:

Watched ZW’s locker room Q & A today.

Looks like he’s cracking or about to. Too thin-skinned.   

Sancho had the personality to handle NY.  The smile, the ability to laugh at himself.  Unfortunately he didn’t have the game to go with it.

Wilson looks like he’s dying to go home, back to Provo and his sycophants or whatever.

You can’t have 3 ugly INTs like that in the most important game of the year and expect to not be asked about it.

Where can one see this interview?

16 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

1 year of older QB's failing and so many here are completely off the veteran QB bus.

Just 1 year ago, mercenary Matthew Stafford won a SB with the Rams.  The year before that, a 44 year old Tom Brady won a SB with the Bucs.  And the decade prior, coming off multiple neck surgeries, Peyton Manning was setting records with the Broncos before winning another SB himself (yes, he sucked that year but he still game-managed the offense and got his well-deserved 2nd ring).  

The veteran QB option is still viable.  Just have to be smart about which one you go after.

I know, closest we had was Favre pre-shoulder injury...

3 minutes ago, undertow said:

Geez some off you guys went from calling people names for questioning a players play to straight up crying now.....it's time for the QB to play like he belongs in the league case closed.

No tears here, just being patient for the season, bitching won't change a thing

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, LSJF said:

No tears here, just being patient for the season, bitching won't change a thing

Analyzing a player who's the 2nd overall pick in the draft isn't bitching...you can be patient and wave the pom poms and the adults will discuss football regardless of your feelings. 

If some switch is gonna turn in Zach, it’s gonna be the one that lets him trust the play, trust his teammates, step up, and let go of the football on time. If that doesn’t or can’t happen, he’s going nowhere. It’s very frustrating because, when things are perfect, he’s great. I suspect that’s what the organization is looking at, too. And given their investment, they’ll be inclined to keep playing him and trying to coach it the ability to handle pressure into him. We all know he’s gonna see a ton of it as long as he’s out there. Might be cool to call some plays to take advantage of that. 

• Upvote 3
  • Post of the Week 1

Either way, the coaches will be patient with him as should we. We have no choice lol try to be hopeful he’s the guy. Sit him down, We gotta make the offensive scheme around Zack like what the Bears are doing with Fields. Trust his ability and what he likes, he will get better. Hopefully by end of szn we have an idea

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1