Robert Saleh: Mike White's huge game hasn't altered Jets' QB plan

Larz

If Wilson has a fragile mind when facing pressure on the field. He might have a fragile mind,with regards to life in general. Depression can affect everyone. Bart Scott talked about Wilson not going into that dark corner. Perhaps some of Salehs comments are in a small part to keep Wilson from not going into that dark place

I agree. While Saleh made a point with his benching. If they still believe in the kid, the goal is for this to be a learning experience….the choice is actually up to him to work his way back. The goal is not to throw him away and completely destroy him mentally. If Zach starts again it will be because he worked his ass off to get back and MW is either hurt or struggling or both.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app
  • Sympathy 1

3 hours ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

I think you are pulling this completely out of your a$$. 

Deductive reasoning. 

Are you suggesting that Saleh is the guy who had to be pushed to get ZW on the bench, and not JD ???

I am saying that JD had been insisting they stick with Wilson and Saleh wanted to make a change.

JD is the only one with a strong motive to keep Dennis The Menace on the field as the starter.  

And we know for a fact that Johnson was at that meeting that caused a two hour delay to the weekly presser.

Are you also suggesting that the owner wanted ZW to continue as the starter and he was over ruled by JD with Saleh protesting ??? If you believe that, I have a bridge to sell you.

Johnson would not have left that meeting unless he got his way.  And, as deduced, JD is the only one with motive to push for Wilson to start.

Hence... Saleh wanted ZW on the bench partly to prevent a locker room riot and JD was in his way.   Woody came to the meeting and tipped the scales.  He was listening to the fans and he didn't want to hear the BOOOOOS on Revis night.

What is so out of hand about that ???

Channel your inner Dick Tracey 

The only way Wilson plays again is if White gets injured or falls completely on his face. How are they going to know if he's ready to roll? Dominating as the scout team Kirk Cousin and without any reps with the 1st team offense? Doubtful. Still don't like him coddling Zach and underselling Mike's achievements in the presser. 

I don’t think benching and making him inactive is exactly coddling.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

8 hours ago, T0mShane said:

The players have most definitely seen what Mike White looks like in practice every day, and that’s going against a top-three defense in the league. 

One of the weird things about the NFL is that during the season the 2nd or 3rd string QB gets almost l the reps against the #1 defense.

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, johnnysd said:

One of the weird things about the NFL is that during the season the 2nd or 3rd string QB gets almost l the reps against the #1 defense.

I’ve always suspected that was a big part of why the NFL is so bad at developing QB talent: Outside of camp, the 1’s on offense practice against the 3’s on defense and the 2’s and 3’s are running base scout team plays against the #1 defense. How is anyone supposed to improve that way? Backup QBs basically get a three week window in July to “compete” with the QB1, and it’s a stacked deck for the other 49 weeks of the year.

• Upvote 4

9 hours ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

It'll be fascinating to see the mood of the team if MW plays well but ZW is brought back anyway.

I don't think Saleh is lying when he's saying ZW will return, btw.  I get the feeling that when he says "Mike's got an opportunity to stack another great day up this week" he means "MW is getting another week to audition for another team to sign him as a FA this offseason".

If the Jets brass is TRULY this stubborn, then they deserve what they get.

I have to believe they're not this wedded to RAS scores and dreamy workouts in shorts vs. the real deal on the field in games that count.  JMO.

• Upvote 1

Elijah Moore and Garrett Wilson have 10 career TD Receptions…only 1 of which was thrown by Zach Wilson.

Zack won't be back this season if we are still in the hunt for the playoffs with M.W.

If M.W. bombs, suddenly Zack will have earned his way back on the field so JD can make a decision about off season moves.

Sent from the NY Jets /Zack Wilson Suicide Watch desk.

This is the most ignorant, stupid, overreacting, whiny, absurd thread I have ever read on this site.  What an embarrassment.  All of you who took Saleh literally and panicked should be embarrassed.  This is not a soap opera. The conspiracy theories and the speculation as to who is "behind " this is both hilarious and very disturbing.  

Too bad so many of you just can't enjoy taking this season game by game and trusting coaches and a front office that have built the best Jets team in 12 seasons with young talented players, not a one year free agency fix like 2015.  White is the QB unless and until he screws up big time and Wilson is on the bench , but is not being thrown away like a piece of trash because there is nothing to be gained by doing that. Now let's see how this team plays vs Minnesota and stop the BS.