Fun with open ai

2 hours ago, Lith said:

Nothing wrong with Georgia.  Ruggedly handsome man sitting among the peach trees.  Works for me.

When we can leave Florida (both Grandma's are still here) we're headed for Wyoming. That picture finalized it. Can't wait to turn into a Scott Eastwood looking cowboy on my trusty horse.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

When we can leave Florida (both Grandma's are still here) we're headed for Wyoming. That picture finalized it. Can't wait to turn into a Scott Eastwood looking cowboy on my trusty horse.

Clearly Europe is still stuck in the spaghetti western era.  

Then again….aren’t we all?

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Barry McCockinner said:

^ obviously from Ohio

Grew up near Washingtonville NY until I was 11, Syracuse NY from then on. College in Buffalo, lived there for six years total.

Career took me to CT, then TX, and I now live in FL.

If you add all that up its basically Ohio.

• Haha 2

• 3 months later...

In reality people talk about AI taking people's jobs but all they're going to do is raise expectations. AI will be a very powerful tool, and will make the people who work with it much more productive than those who don't. I doubt (relatively) many jobs will be taken once people figure out how to use it.

On 2/5/2024 at 5:26 PM, Hex said:

In reality people talk about AI taking people's jobs but all they're going to do is raise expectations. AI will be a very powerful tool, and will make the people who work with it much more productive than those who don't. I doubt (relatively) many jobs will be taken once people figure out how to use it.

It needs to be embraced and it is a tool that can make people 100% more efficient today. Marketing-related jobs now have an amazing side kick.

Office wise I think it will reduce headcounts a bit, but if you embrace AI you will be fine.

Manufacturing-wise, once these AI Robots have an iota of common sense, I think a lot of jobs will be ilimiunated.

Just now, Maxman said:

It needs to be embraced and it is a tool that can make people 100% more efficient today. Marketing-related jobs now have an amazing side kick.

Office wise I think it will reduce headcounts a bit, but if you embrace AI you will be fine.

Manufacturing-wise, once these AI Robots have an iota of common sense, I think a lot of jobs will be ilimiunated.

How many jobs were realistically removed when the assembly line first appeared? It was more the skillset changed, and required less of the workers. Instead of handmaking the parts for a car, they operated robots to do that instead. I think AI will have a similar effect.

Just now, Hex said:

How many jobs were realistically removed when the assembly line first appeared? It was more the skillset changed, and required less of the workers. Instead of handmaking the parts for a car, they operated robots to do that instead. I think AI will have a similar effect.

I hope so. My thought is instead of humans making machines for the assembly lines, it will be robots making robots.  :)

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...