POLL: How Would You Rate Robert Saleh As A HC?

POLL: How Would You Rate Robert Saleh As A HC?  

126 members have voted

1. 1. How Would You Rate Robert Saleh As A HC?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 01/01/2023 at 06:00 PM

3 minutes ago, BurntDice said:

Besides belichick are there any coaches like that anymore? I’m not sure how well being a hardass will work in todays era. Guys are a lot softer and social media/beat reporters cling on every word. 

Parcells in greatly misunderstood — or perhaps oversimplified is the right word — in that regard. Nearly everyone who played for him said he was extremely loyalty to his guys (a core followed him everywhere) and showed a ton of concern for his players. They also say he was a master of breaking people who when they needed it then building them back up.

• Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, jgb said:

Parcells in greatly misunderstood — or perhaps oversimplified is the right word — in that regard. Nearly everyone who played for him said he was extremely loyalty to his guys (a core followed him everywhere) and showed a ton of concern for his players. They also say he was a master of breaking people who when they needed it then building them back up.

I was only like 10 when parcells was the coach so my memory is definitely not very detailed. It just seemed like he was a hardass who didn’t put up with bs. 

Breaking guys down and bringing them back up sounds like it could still work for roster bubble guys who are desperately trying to make it. 

Guys like E. Moore tho threw a temper tantrum because he wasn’t getting the ball. With someone like that I can see it turning into a disaster. 

Players are richer and have more fame/praise than ever. This makes them have inflated egos. Many have been coddled thru college and in the nfl. 

Personally I like that approach, but with todays players I can see it turning into a coughlin situation 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, BurntDice said:

I was only like 10 when parcells was the coach so my memory is definitely not very detailed. It just seemed like he was a hardass who didn’t put up with bs. 

Breaking guys down and bringing them back up sounds like it could still work for roster bubble guys who are desperately trying to make it. 

Guys like E. Moore tho threw a temper tantrum because he wasn’t getting the ball. With someone like that I can see it turning into a disaster. 

Players are richer and have more fame/praise than ever. This makes them have inflated egos. Many have been coddled thru college and in the nfl. 

Personally I like that approach, but with todays players I can see it turning into a coughlin situation 

Yeah like I said very oversimplified. Don’t depend just on memory — we live in the Information Age! — read about his style. You’ll definitely be surprised. 

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, Joe Willie White Shoes said:

All I heard all preseason was that the Jets season would be a success if they played meaningful games in December.  Well, the Jets played meaningful games in December after being decimated with injuries on the OL and being forced to play a clearly benched QB the past two weeks.  What would the grades be if White played and the Jets were 8-7 or 9-6???? A coach can't continually make chicken salad from chicken $#I!  He's done a good job building a top flight defense in one season and I don't see how you can blame Saleh for the Wilson failure.It's not a coaching issue.  

Thank you sir for injecting some common sense into a room where its not too common. 

9 hours ago, BurntDice said:

Dont tell me about the pain, show me the baby. 

Now try to say that to your pregnant co-worker and see how it goes over with the "woke" crowd at the office. 

• Haha 2