POLL: How Would You Rate Robert Saleh As A HC?

POLL: How Would You Rate Robert Saleh As A HC?  

126 members have voted

1. 1. How Would You Rate Robert Saleh As A HC?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 01/01/2023 at 06:00 PM

Not impressed plus the way he handled Zach was not good for him.  Benching him then bringing him back like that.  He injected himself into the problem doing it that way, now people can fairly or unfairly point at him and say he damaged the raw QB confidence it is his fault. 

That's what it looks like from the outside in.  Now we all know Zach was on downward spiral anyway but IMO he had 2 choices

1. Bench him and put him on ice indefinitely (let him fight for roster spot in training camp)

2. Do not bench  but rather let him fight through the issues at expense of the season and address QB in off season

He should have chose what was behind door number 2 for his own sake.

He put himself squarely on hot seat.

9 hours ago, Facts said:

Anyone voting anything above "average" needs to explain.

Jets were dead last in yards allowed and points allowed last season. They are 3rd and 5th this season. Saleh is a defensive coach.

Over under Jet wins this year was 5.5. 

Saleh was top 4 in coach of the year odds a month ago.

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, Bronx said:

Slightly below average at best. His defense was a "flash in the pan" in 2022.  TBD in 2023.

His time management and reluctance to sit Zach Wilson cost this team some critical losses. 

He also doesn't seem to hold his offensive and defensive coordinators accountable for their poor coaching. His loyalty to his guys puts him as a below-average head coach in my view.

18 minutes ago, Tooooon said:

Jets were dead last in yards allowed and points allowed last season. They are 3rd and 5th this season. Saleh is a defensive coach.

I give him one more year.  Coach of the year in November means nothing.

33 minutes ago, Tooooon said:

Cool so hire him as a DC.

10 hours ago, Facts said:

Anyone voting anything above "average" needs to explain.

Well, he's had one of the worst QBs in modern NFL history start for 2/3 of his head coaching career and despite that he has them still in the hunt this year.  Defense took a big jump this year. He handled some very delicate situations this year with grace and class and the players will fight to the end for him and  For those reasons I voted slightly above average. Which is about 55-60% out of a possible 100%. His in game strategies need a lot of work but I think no longer having to walk on eggshells over the Zach situation will give him some more freedom to coach how he sees fit. He was probably handcuffed when it came to benching Zach in those critical NE games. 

• Post of the Week 1

He’s average.  Definitely has improved since last season. Defense is better.  Clock management is questionable though. Should have kept Wilson on the sidelines.  Not to state the obvious but next season is huge for Saleh.  Could be coaching for his job.

46 minutes ago, ultraJETfan said:

Well, he's had one of the worst QBs in modern NFL history start for 2/3 of his head coaching career and despite that he has them still in the hunt this year.  Defense took a big jump this year. He handled some very delicate situations this year with grace and class and the players will fight to the end for him and  For those reasons I voted slightly above average. Which is about 55-60% out of a possible 100%. His in game strategies need a lot of work but I think no longer having to walk on eggshells over the Zach situation will give him some more freedom to coach how he sees fit. He was probably handcuffed when it came to benching Zach in those critical NE games. 

In the hunt?? They’re probably going to finish 7-10 or 8-9. Same as Gase did.

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

For future reference, it's 12/24/2022.  The Jets are 7-8, currently on a 4 game losing streak.  ZW just bombed against Trevor Lawrence and the Jags on Thursday Night Football.

image.png.9c5498bc6582a8521423bd83b10518e0.png

All I heard all preseason was that the Jets season would be a success if they played meaningful games in December.  Well, the Jets played meaningful games in December after being decimated with injuries on the OL and being forced to play a clearly benched QB the past two weeks.  What would the grades be if White played and the Jets were 8-7 or 9-6???? A coach can't continually make chicken salad from chicken $#I!  He's done a good job building a top flight defense in one season and I don't see how you can blame Saleh for the Wilson failure.It's not a coaching issue.  

• Post of the Week 1

I read a bunch of posts and gave up.   I am generally a cynical guy. but you guys are nuts.  Saleh has been good. Is he great? Remains to be seen.  Things are on schedule.  The fact he isn't calling people out in public is a negative?  Stupid. People complain he benched Wilson and that he didn't and he didn't at the right time?  Ridiculous

Put me down as pro- Saleh.   

• Upvote 1

Slightly above average.

From the outside, it seems like he runs a decent, professional program, and his players respect him.

The turnaround of the defense from year 1 to year 2 has been pretty remarkable.

The clock management in key moments has left much to be desired.

Bottom line, with middle of the road quarterback play, this is a playoff team under his leadership.

12 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

I read a bunch of posts and gave up.   I am generally a cynical guy. but you guys are nuts.  Saleh has been good. Is he great? Remains to be seen.  Things are on schedule.  The fact he isn't calling people out in public is a negative?  Stupid. People complain he benched Wilson and that he didn't and he didn't at the right time?  Ridiculous

Put me down as pro- Saleh.   

58 of the 75 votes are "Average" or better.  

image.png.a4be4097069dea6c8aee3fee790190c6.png

• Upvote 1

44 minutes ago, jgb said:

He’s done a lot better than could be expected with historically putrid QB play but he’s too New Agey for me. What can I say I like coaches like Parcells. 

Besides belichick are there any coaches like that anymore? I’m not sure how well being a hardass will work in todays era. Guys are a lot softer and social media/beat reporters cling on every word. 

For being a first time HC I think he’s done pretty well. The team seems to love him. Sure there are some bumps along the way with clock management, seeing what he can say to the beat, coaching staff construction, player production issues and knowing when to bench among other things but those will probably come with experience