OK fellas, let's talk draft

Just now, Dunnie said:

Vet, Zach, Rook (3rd or 4th rounder)

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

I honestly don't  know what to do with Zach. He isn't  going to be ready at the start of next season unless he does nothing but drills the entire offseason. If we start to see him at Knick Basketball games and Islander hockey games, we will know we are getting g the same guy as this season 

• Upvote 1

We already have a young QB that has better skills than anyone you can pick in the draft. What we need is a guy to develop him like a Frank Reich. Keep Zach, don't throw away a pick on a guy with half the talent, and hope he transforms into franchise QB (see Tampa last year). Sign a vet to help him along and to start next year until Zach is deemed ready by QB coach. Draft OL, Safety, Linebacker. Come back with Breece, AVT, Becton hopefully and a high pick on the line. We need a dynamic linebacker in the draft and maybe another safety in FA. 

I know they have Conklin and CJ Uzomah and even Ruckert but if i were in charge of the draft they'd take Michael Mayer te from Notre Dame and finally give this SF offense the George Kittle it needs 

CJ and Conklin are slow does anyone else think that? 

Besides OT, C, LB as mentioned there's also a huge problem at Safety

7 hours ago, Augustiniak said:

First 2 picks are OL and DL.  

Not likely.  Draft O-line, a #2 receiver, safety and linebacker.

The offensive line is a disgrace, even after AVT and even if Becton return.  The offense will not improve until the line is fixed.  Douglas tried 4 times and failed miserably each time. 

We can't stop the run.  That's linebackers and safeties.  

We need to expel Fant, Tomlinson, McGovern, C.Davis, Moseley, Whitehead, Joyner, Lawson, Berrios and Mann.  That is 9 highly paid individuals, paid about $100 MM,  who did not provide 1/3 the impact they were paid for.

2 minutes ago, Flashlite80 said:

Not likely.  Draft O-line, a #2 receiver, safety and linebacker.

The offensive line is a disgrace, even after AVT and even if Becton return.  The offense will not improve until the line is fixed.  Douglas tried 4 times and failed miserably each time. 

We can't stop the run.  That's linebackers and safeties.  

We need to expel Fant, Tomlinson, McGovern, C.Davis, Moseley, Whitehead, Joyner, Lawson, Berrios and Mann.  That is 9 highly paid individuals, paid about $100 MM,  who did not provide 1/3 the impact they were paid for.

In 2nd round i can see a lb who can blitz and change the run d.  First round is OT.  If they move on from davis i think they’ll add a wr in FA.