Where do we draft a WR?

NIGHT STALKER

think it depends on who's there at a particular draft slot. Targeting a position rather than a player with a draft slot can lead to serious over-reaching.

You're right, I just want to get someone that can put a scare into opposing defenses because right now, there isn't a weapon on our offense that makes a an opposing D quake.

so if jackson is still there at 29 do you grab him? That is why i would love to get Denvers 2 ones for the 4 grab a guy like jackson and an ot.

without trading down, Jackson at 29 would be a tough one. I think you pull the trigger on him. If we're looking at Jackson, Mangold, Jean-Gilles, and Watson all there at 29, it's a tough call to make; all 3 of the others may very well get taken before our #35 pick.

I know I am repetitive, but I think the core (o-line/d-line) is really the biggest needs this year.

Coles/Justin/Cotchery/Dwight can handle the WR jobs.

Maybe someone in the 4th. A project.

I also rather see us pick up a CB.

BZ

I know I am repetitive, but I think the core (o-line/d-line) is really the biggest needs this year.

Coles/Justin/Cotchery/Dwight can handle the WR jobs.

Maybe someone in the 4th. A project.

I also rather see us pick up a CB.

BZ

Agreed. I'll admit that Jackson @ 29 is awfully tempting, but our WR position is solid, if not spectacular.

I really, really like Cotchery. Always have. I'm hoping he gets an oppurtunity to see alot of throws this year.

Seriously guys, you don't really think Coles is a number 1 receiver do you? I think we need to address that during the draft.

I can't think of too many rosters that he would be considered a number 1 receiver...except ours.

Considering the numbers Coles has put up while working with 2nd rate QB's his entire career, yes I think he could be a very good #1 given the right QB. Drafting another great WR when our QB stinks is not going to solve anything.

i like the deep sleepers rather than the top end of the draft - so to answer your question in the rounds 4-6 look for the jets to take a chance on a WR. They still need a big red zone target, and a game breaker - possible candidates include:

WR Jon Orr - Wisconsin

WR Mike Hass - Oregon State

WR Marques Colston - Hofstra

WR Greg lee - Pittsburgh

WR Willie Reid - FSU

WR Jeremy Bloom - Colorado

WR Greg Jennings - Western Michigan

WR Brandon Marshall - Central Florida

WR Troy Bergeron - AFL

Agreed. I'll admit that Jackson @ 29 is awfully tempting, but our WR position is solid, if not spectacular.

I really, really like Cotchery. Always have. I'm hoping he gets an oppurtunity to see alot of throws this year.

Solid, if not spectacular? Our receivers don't suck, they blow. The "star" Coles is an ok possession receiver. McCareins is horrible and Cotchery wouldn't make some NFL teams' rosters. Tim Dwight is a special teamer.

There are no good receivers in this year's draft. Holmes and Chad Jackson are ok no. 2 receivers, same goes for Derek Hagan who I like better than those guys, Maurice Stovall is a McCareins in the making. The best receiver prospect this year, Martin Nance, has some serious health issues.

We need to draft one of the top tight ends this year. I know I know, we have Chris Baker and he's a hall-of-fame playmaker, but having a game-breaking Tight End is not such a bad thing after all.

You want a playmaker? Go after Vernon Davis, Leonard Pope or Anthony Fasano. Those guys are going to be very good in the nfl. Davis is Antonio Gates, Pope will average 10-12 td a year and Fasano is a tremendous blocker and receiver.

Give Patrick Ramsey a fighting chance. Give Ramsey someone to throw to.

Solid, if not spectacular? Our receivers don't suck, they blow. The "star" Coles is an ok possession receiver. McCareins is horrible and Cotchery wouldn't make some NFL teams' rosters. Tim Dwight is a special teamer.

Give Patrick Ramsey a fighting chance. Give Ramsey someone to throw to.

C'mon, now.

Coles, McCairens, Cotchery are, exactly like I said.....solid, not spectacular. Don't even give me examples of their 2005 performance. The season was over before it started. Drafting a WR in rds 1 through 3 would be a waste.

C'mon, now.

Coles, McCairens, Cotchery are, exactly like I said.....solid, not spectacular. Don't even give me examples of their 2005 performance. The season was over before it started. Drafting a WR in rds 1 through 3 would be a waste.

I don't want to draft a wr. There is an excellent class of tight ends coming out and I want one of those tight ends on the Jets. I would take any of the top 5 TE's in this draft.

When did Coles become a sh!tty WR??? Seriously, you need to chill out because LC is coming back this year and he will light it up. We need oline and dline, everything else is brown gravy.

No one said he was ****ty...I just don't think during the week the defensive coordinator for the team we're playing puts a picture up of Coles on the drawing board and says..."okay, the key to winning this game is shutting this guy down"...

Coles is a good receiver...that's all in my opinion.

No one said he was ****ty...I just don't think during the week the defensive coordinator for the team we're playing puts a picture up of Coles on the drawing board and says..."okay, the key to winning this game is shutting this guy down"...

Coles is a good receiver...that's all in my opinion.

Fair enough, but I think Coles will be doing some seriuos damage next year and maybe halfway through the season they start putting his picture up as the gyu to stop.

Archived