Indiana Jones and the Stairway To Heaven Mafia - DAY 1 ( part 1 and 2- town wins)

Nolder

6 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

For real?, Lurkers was a disaster in comparison. Hahaha

Lol just posted it. Zero discussion, and I made on suggestion after he had already revealed that he didn't see before it was too late. Wound up not mattering and weirdly not getting much pushback, but he claimed he self protected the first two nights when the first night he was on everybody's top 3 and the second night jgb had already been revealed as the cop.

12 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

For real?, Lurkers was a disaster in comparison. Hahaha

Lol , @Drums was onto what I was trying to do from the get.

Screenshot_20230123-094516_Chrome.thumb.jpg.e2698e2badff32d6e9fb6feede35cb16.jpg

@jgb @Integrity28

Do you guys really not get what I was trying to do and rhe fact that i had to muddy the waters to even give it a chance of working. I 100% did it in my own insane clumsy way but i was going rogue and operating in a silo with limited information... (note: do not give me the nuclear, at least im self aware enough to realize my own character tropes ha!)

I was also operating under the assumption that there was an unspoken feeling between the three of us that we were town and was hoping you were going to pick up the initial gambit. In a game where trust is the enemy picking the right people to teust at the right time can be invaluable. I chose to trust ape and knew i could trust jgb. My general nature makes me seem untrustworthy i suppose...especially under these parameters.

7 minutes ago, Lurker89 said:

Lol , @Drums was onto what I was trying to do from the get.

Screenshot_20230123-094516_Chrome.thumb.jpg.e2698e2badff32d6e9fb6feede35cb16.jpg

@jgb @Integrity28

Do you guys really not get what I was trying to do and rhe fact that i had to muddy the waters to even give it a chance of working. I 100% did it in my own insane clumsy way but i was going rogue and operating in a silo with limited information... (note: do not give me the nuclear, at least im self aware enough to realize my own character tropes ha!)

I was also operating under the assumption that there was an unspoken feeling between the three of us that we were town and was hoping you were going to pick up the initial gambit. In a game where trust is the enemy picking the right people to teust at the right time can be invaluable. I chose to trust ape and knew i could trust jgb. My general nature makes me seem untrustworthy i suppose...especially under these parameters.

there were several reasons why I questioned your claim but the first thing that stood out to me was that a newb would call the 4x a wrinkle. It seemed like something someone would have to tell you. Turns out the mods were telling you. ?

edit: wait -nevermind - they said that after the reveal. derp

• Upvote 1

19 hours ago, Lurker89 said:

I'm Doc 

@jgbI said I wouldn't protect you IF I was Doc D1 during our flirting session. Once it was evident you were cop I started protecting you cause I'm not really that petty and we was just sparring for fun.

A wrinkle in this game is I only ha 4x protect. I protected Barry N1 cause I thought backup cop might make a good early game target for scum but that feels like a noob mistake at this point.

Tonight's NA for  me will be to protect you at which point if scum kill me they'll be killing vanilla town Lurker.... unless I'm lying to them and still have more protects left in which case I'll keep protecting you.

@jgb @Integrity28

Look at the original gambit before it got all ****ed and see if you get it. I thought it was clumsy but not a half bad attempt to push endgame and get us the W.

My pointing out my noob **** up was so you guys would get more a feeling I was really town  and then hopefully pick up what i was putting down with the gambit.(pointing out my **** ups is something i tend to avoid in all walks of life but thought the humility might help vet me) 

Just now, Lurker89 said:

@jgb @Integrity28

Look at the original gambit before it got all ****ed and see if you get it. I thought it was clumsy but not a half bad attempt to push endgame and get us the W.

My pointing out my noob **** up was so you guys would get more a feeling I was really town  and then hopefully pick up what i was putting down with the gambit.(pointing out my **** ups is something i tend to avoid in all walks of life but thought the humility might help vet me) 

I get it.

Still, reveal wasn’t necessary there. Keeping doc hidden helps more in that moment snd context.

Honeslty, even if revealing, if you had just said “I’m the doc” then nobody would have challenged it. Withhold the limitations, because then scum will assume you are protecting cop every night and target you. At that point you are vanilla and dying to protect doc is appropriate.

Regardless, we got there. Your genuine frustration with the situation and yourself made the choice easier. So, good on you for being real.

• Upvote 2

10 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

I get it.

Still, reveal wasn’t necessary there. Keeping doc hidden helps more in that moment snd context.

Honeslty, even if revealing, if you had just said “I’m the doc” then nobody would have challenged it. Withhold the limitations, because then scum will assume you are protecting cop every night and target you. At that point you are vanilla and dying to protect doc is appropriate.

Regardless, we got there. Your genuine frustration with the situation and yourself made the choice easier. So, good on you for being real.

Honestly I assumed way too much.

I assumed the scum had a limitation and would then assume I did as well and figured I could bluff them with the 4X into not attacking  @jgb

Again operating on very limited information of game functions couldn't ask in the public square and wasnt going to bog down the mods by asking them to cater to me.

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

I get it.

I was considering asking if it made sense for the doctor to reveal D4 prior to lurker coming out with this. Seemed like we were pretty close especially if they had 1 left. Of course when stark had no reveal you had to question whether he was doc. Did scum have an investigative role? 

Then the combo of the janitor and unprovoked 4x doc reveal just stunk to high hell.

• Upvote 1

23 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

I get it.

8 minutes ago, Lurker89 said:

Honestly I assumed way too much.

I assumed the scum had a limitation and would then assume I did as well and figured I could bluff them with the 4X into not attacking  @jgb

Again operating on very limited information of game functions couldn't ask in the public square and wasnt going to bog down the mods by asking them to cater to me.

29 minutes ago, Lurker89 said:

Tonight's NA for  me will be to protect you at which point if scum kill me they'll be killing vanilla town Lurker.... unless I'm lying to them and still have more protects left in which case I'll keep protecting you.

I tried to tie it up with more uncertainty and pull a pretty obvious "Predator"

predator-arnold-schwarzenegger.gif.c3f7ecb3168ef50d6aa202d811ffe3fd.gif

• Haha 1

90549F97-10DC-4C02-95FD-4C12CA141BE6.thumb.jpeg.4383dd159ee51a4ac0e7bc762ddcec62.jpeg

I was surprised 80 came back guilty. Made me question my role’s sanity. 

jvill did question my role sanity once I fingered him. My response was basically your life is how we will determine that. @jvill 51 why did you claim VT here and not doc to make town hesitate to lynch based on questionable sanity or maybe out real doc as a door prize for your death?

Sidenote: @Nolder and @Drums SK is already under gun suggest for balance they come back clean unless framed in future games. Just my 2c. So @Jetsfan80 you shouldn’t feel too bad about getting NK because you were gonna die after my reveal anyway!

@jgb @Integrity28

@Jetsfan80

Some background in me ....I'm actually known professionally as being too straight of a shooter. I find it a better use of my time to be as straightforward as possible because negotiating sales/leases/licenses is a volume game, at least it is if you are trying to climb. Most deals I've closed in a year was 232 in 2019.

I've worked in commercial real estate for 7 years, worked previously for a Real estate investment trust that owns shopping centers for 3+ of those years... I parlayed that into position with a growing company at the end '21 and am now out of the field as a middle manager and into "Coporate leadership" but am basically a one man department negotiating an obscene amount of deals among many other functions leading to nice high stress level as my base mode these days.

• Upvote 2

@Barry McCockinner

You and others mentioned why even let thw limit be known.... i had crypticly let the cat out of the bag to jgb in my very soft initial reveal trying to let him know i couldnt prtoect him forever ... i felt a need to push for endgame as i felt my options were go nuclear (which i did) or be silent and let jgb potentially get NK'd.

8 minutes ago, Lurker89 said:

@Barry McCockinner

You and others mentioned why even let thw limit be known.... i had crypticly let the cat out of the bag to jgb in my very soft initial reveal trying to let him know i couldnt prtoect him forever ... i felt a need to push for endgame as i felt my options were go nuclear (which i did) or be silent and let jgb potentially get NK'd.

pushing for endgame turned out to be the right move. well done.

• Upvote 3

26 minutes ago, jgb said:

90549F97-10DC-4C02-95FD-4C12CA141BE6.thumb.jpeg.4383dd159ee51a4ac0e7bc762ddcec62.jpeg

I was surprised 80 came back guilty. Made me question my role’s sanity. Really surprised this was not picked up by smash during our counterclaim war. “Obviously scum didn’t both frame and NK JF80. SK would come back clean so jgb just goofed majorly and outted himself.”

jvill did question my role sanity once I fingered him. My response was basically your life is how we will determine that. Surprised no one else chimed in (I was questioning it myself tbh!) @jvill 51 why did you claim VT here and not doc to make town hesitate to lynch or maybe out real doc as a door prize for your death?

Sidenote: @Nolder and @Drums SK is already under gun suggest for balance they come back clean unless framed in future games. Just me 2c

I was dead either way and figured leave the fake claim for Gsexy in case he needed it later.

And yeah if I ever run a game with a SK and a cop I’d absolutely make them safe from investigation.

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, jgb said:

One of my hobbies is writing. My wife asked me “are you thinking of writing something based on organized crime?” after she saw all the sh*t I was reading lately.

My wife was like omg what datk corner of the internet did you find yourself in now?

• Haha 3

4 minutes ago, jvill 51 said:

I was dead either way and figured leave the fake claim for Gsexy in case he needed it later.

And yeah if I ever run a game with a SK and a cop I’d absolutely make them safe from investigation.

Fair enough easy to see it all in hindsight. 

1 hour ago, jgb said:

I was surprised 80 came back guilty. Made me question my role’s sanity. 

jvill did question my role sanity once I fingered him. My response was basically your life is how we will determine that. @jvill 51 why did you claim VT here and not doc to make town hesitate to lynch based on questionable sanity or maybe out real doc as a door prize for your death?

Sidenote: @Nolder and @Drums SK is already under gun suggest for balance they come back clean unless framed in future games. Just my 2c. So @Jetsfan80 you shouldn’t feel too bad about getting NK because you were gonna die after my reveal anyway!

We’ve rarely seen the SK be investigation-proof. Maybe a couple times? It’s not a given.

1 hour ago, Lurker89 said:

@jgb @Integrity28

@Jetsfan80

Some background in me ....I'm actually known professionally as being too straight of a shooter. I find it a better use of my time to be as straightforward as possible because negotiating sales/leases/licenses is a volume game, at least it is if you are trying to climb. Most deals I've closed in a year was 232 in 2019.

I've worked in commercial real estate for 7 years, worked previously for a Real estate investment trust that owns shopping centers for 3+ of those years... I parlayed that into position with a growing company at the end '21 and am now out of the field as a middle manager and into "Coporate leadership" but am basically a one man department negotiating an obscene amount of deals among many other functions leading to nice high stress level as my base mode these days.

Whoa. Nice.

Im a former bodybuilder turned action movie star. I like cigars, choppers and banging the maid.

• Haha 1