If they fall....... Chad Jackson or Lendale White?

Varlo

With the jets not having a playmaker at either position at this point beings with martin coming off a surgery and coles our #1 reciever.......who would you rather we take Chad Jackson a 6"1' reciever with precise route running abilities or a monster of a running back like Lendale White?

With the jets not having a playmaker at either position at this point beings with martin coming off a surgery and coles our #1 reciever.......who would you rather we take Chad Jackson a 6"1' reciever with precise route running abilities or a monster of a running back like Lendale White?

How many TD's did LenDale White score last year?

Exactly....

I bet the Chiefs feel stupid for taking a Penn St. running back a couple years ago.

It depends on what LenDale White does at his pro day. That will determine if he's the next Christian Okoye or the next TJ Duckett. IMO, Jackson could be the next Chad Johnson.

Neither.

WR: --- No need to use the 29th overall pick on a wideout

Coles

McCareins

Cotchery

Dwight

RB: --- Definitely no need to use the 29th overall pick on a running back

Martin

Blaylock

Houston

Before even WR / RB's are considered the team needs to be looking at Offensive Tackle, Center, Nose Tackle and either an Inside or Outside Linebacker if it does intend on switching to the 3-4.

Neither.

WR: --- No need to use the 29th overall pick on a wideout

Coles

McCareins

Cotchery

Dwight

Martin

Blaylock

Houston

Before even WR / RB's are considered the team needs to be looking at Offensive Tackle, Center, Nose Tackle and either an Inside or Outside Linebacker if it does intend on switching to the 3-4.

WR

Coles - ok

McCareins - garbage

Cotchery - garbage

Dwight - special teams guy, ok 3rd receiver at best

Martin - 33 and coming off a bad injury

Blaylock - please, no more rants about how Blaylock is good b/c he sucks

Houston - ok back-up at best, but probably garbage

How do you guys expect Ramsey to have any success next year playing with these scrubs? I'm tired of having an inept offense and trying to win every game 10-7. Can we please get some guys who can make a friggin play?

You still have to score touchdowns every once in a while.

WR

Coles - ok

McCareins - garbage

Cotchery - garbage

Dwight - special teams guy, ok 3rd receiver at best

Martin - 33 and coming off a bad injury

Blaylock - please, no more rants about how Blaylock is good b/c he sucks

Houston - ok back-up at best, but probably garbage

How do you guys expect Ramsey to have any success next year playing with these scrubs? I'm tired of having an inept offense and trying to win every game 10-7. Can we please get some guys who can make a friggin play?

You still have to score touchdowns every once in a while.

Wow thank you I couldnt of said it any better myself!!!!!!!!

I bet the Chiefs feel stupid for taking a Penn St. running back a couple years ago.

It depends on what LenDale White does at his pro day. That will determine if he's the next Christian Okoye or the next TJ Duckett. IMO, Jackson could be the next Chad Johnson.

I agree... I think Chad Jackson is gonna be great. I don't care about past busts there are always players who break the mold like in the NBA with Duke... Elton Brand has become a man beast for the CLippers and everyone before him from Duke was pretty much a big disappointment.

Big reason I like Jackson is he is a playmaker and he was a Permian Panther.

There are tons of reasons to like Lendale White but unless he fits into the offense your looking to run he can't be a shifty pass catching reciever. I just think we could use a playmaker and I'm not so sure Lendale white is that.

I will go with Chad Jackson but I need to know whether or not either Katnik or Missant can play center since Mangini had said that Kendall will remain at G... If neither one can play center then I waste no time to take Mangold instead.

Believe me, you will have many good size RBs coming out for 2007 draft so why bother to be obliged to take White.. Jackson is a real deal and I dont know anyone who has good size/speed combo coming out for 2007...

It depends on what LenDale White does at his pro day.

So Troll, let me make sure I understand where you are coming from.

If LenDale White has a "work-out warrior" type of Pro Day, he'll be a huge success in the NFL, and if not, he'll be a bust?:eek:

You, being a Jet fan, should know all too well what happens when teams draft "work-out warriors" at #4.;)

So Troll, let me make sure I understand where you are coming from.

If LenDale White has a "work-out warrior" type of Pro Day, he'll be a huge success in the NFL, and if not, he'll be a bust?:eek:

You, being a Jet fan, should know all too well what happens when teams draft "work-out warriors" at #4.;)

That

How many TD's did LenDale White score last year?

The USC backfield tandem of Reggie Bush and Lendale White is the closest thing I've seen to the Penn State Backfield tandem of Lydell Mitchell and Franco Harris in the early 70's. Both performed well in the NFL, but whereas Mitchell got all the press while he was in college, it's Franco Harris who stood out the most during his NFL days - mainly for his dependability in the clutch.

Whoever gets Lendale White is getting long-term value. He's another Franco Harris, only faster.

The USC backfield tandem of Reggie Bush and Lendale White is the closest thing I've seen to the Penn State Backfield tandem of Lydell Mitchell and Franco Harris in the early 70's. Both performed well in the NFL, but whereas Mitchell got all the press while he was in college, it's Franco Harris who stood out the most during his NFL days - mainly for his dependability in the clutch.

Whoever gets Lendale White is getting long-term value. He's another Franco Harris, only faster.

Long-term value in a running back is pretty rare. Even though in three seasons at USC White averaged over 1,000 yds and 17 td's he has very little wear and tear.

If we draft White we could probably count on him being a force at running back for the next 8-10 years. Not a bad idea to have a good running game you can rely on.

EB nailed it.

TX, are you saying you wouldn't make fun of the Jets if they used a first round pick on a 250-pound running back that runs a 4.7?

TX would make fun of the Jets if they used a first round pick on a clone of Tom Brady.

Archived