PFF two rounder

hmhertz

On 2/27/2023 at 3:57 PM, hmhertz said:

If they take an edge in the first 2 rds it's because they want to move on from Lawson.   They already have Huff Clemons and Johnson at end and with Lawson theres no room for a high pick to play. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Bowles Movement said:

If they take an edge in the first 2 rds it's because they want to move on from Lawson.   They already have Huff Clemons and Johnson at end and with Lawson theres no room for a high pick to play. 

I think if they go EDGE in one or two it’s because they found out why Jermaine Johnson was falling off everyone’s draft boards. They can restructure Lawson pretty easily if they want. 

• Upvote 1

Rd 1 makes sense. Any top tier Olineman makes sense. 

A situational pass rusher in Rd. 2. No. 

The Jets can go in so many directions with the way this mock falls. They can go S (I love Sydney Brown). They can go C with JMS. They can go WR (Tillman, Downs, Dell). They can go LB (Jack Campbell). They can go DT and snag Mazi Smith. Personally, I take Sydney Brown or Jack Campbell. I’m not taking an edge rusher with the group that we already have. 

14 hours ago, T0mShane said:

I think if they go EDGE in one or two it’s because they found out why Jermaine Johnson was falling off everyone’s draft boards. They can restructure Lawson pretty easily if they want. 

I think they feel JJ is ready for a bigger role.

You think he is a draft bust.   I guess we ll see.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Bowles Movement said:

I think they feel JJ is ready for a bigger role.

You think he is a draft bust.   I guess we ll see.

I don’t think he’s a bust. I said that if they use a high pick on EDGE, it might be a sign that something is up with Johnson. Particularly interested in how they handle the Bryce Huff contract

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

I like JJ, but he's not really an "Edge Rusher". He's Bryan Thomas/Cal Pace. Edge SETTER. Necessary player, but not an impact  player.

He had 2.5 sacks in limited play as a rookie

Lawson had 7 as a starter

I dont know where this narrative came from but I dont thinks its correct

6 hours ago, T0mShane said:

I don’t think he’s a bust. I said that if they use a high pick on EDGE, it might be a sign that something is up with Johnson. Particularly interested in how they handle the Bryce Huff contract

I think its more likely they draft an interior tackle as Rankins contract is up and he wants more money.   I could see them drafting a guy that can be used like JFM both inside and out depending on the down/ distance.

3 hours ago, Bowles Movement said:

He had 2.5 sacks in limited play as a rookie

Lawson had 7 as a starter

I dont know where this narrative came from but I dont thinks its correct

I love JJ, he was AWESOME for FSU. But I just see him as a Calvin Pace clone. And that is NOT a bad thing.

12 hours ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

I love JJ, he was AWESOME for FSU. But I just see him as a Calvin Pace clone. And that is NOT a bad thing.

The Jets considered taking him at 10.   That’s not where you take a Calvin Pace clone.   I think they’d be disappointed if that’s all he was.   Pace was a ok player but not a game changer, and I’d like to see JJ do more than that.   It’s only his first season, no reason to set a ceiling based on it.

• Upvote 1

Broderick Jones is the most popular 1st round mock to the Jets right now. 

I can absolutely see and edge rusher in round 2. Douglas came from Philly who just rode a quartet of pass rushers to the Super Bowl. That being said, I like Ojulari but he seems pretty light compared to who the Jets like to play on the edge (bigger players). 

11 hours ago, maury77 said:

Broderick Jones is the most popular 1st round mock to the Jets right now. 

I can absolutely see and edge rusher in round 2. Douglas came from Philly who just rode a quartet of pass rushers to the Super Bowl. That being said, I like Ojulari but he seems pretty light compared to who the Jets like to play on the edge (bigger players). 

I think you are right. An Edge early is not out of the question. We still don't quite know for sure what will happen with Lawson (although the assumption seems to be that he will be restructured).

I'm on the opposite spectrum. I prefer Van Ness, the bigger edge prospect. They would have to take him with 13. And yes, seems like the better fit for the Jets Wide 9 are those bigger guys. I always look at Nick Bosa as the ultimate measuring stick- 6'4, 267. That's the size range I expect the Jets to be looking for (unless they looking for a situational pass rusher later on in the draft). Ojulari is a bit light in comparison.  

One thing to point out is that that same Eagles team had one of the best O-lines in the NFL as well, lol. So go figure. One thing we know is that JD tends to stick to his board and go after the players he values highly. We saw this with AVT, Becton (when he took him over Wirfs), JJ, B.Hall, Ruckert, etc. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, PepPep said:

I think you are right. An Edge early is not out of the question. We still don't quite know for sure what will happen with Lawson (although the assumption seems to be that he will be restructured).

I'm on the opposite spectrum. I prefer Van Ness, the bigger edge prospect. They would have to take him with 13. And yes, seems like the better fit for the Jets Wide 9 are those bigger guys. I always look at Nick Bosa as the ultimate measuring stick- 6'4, 267. That's the size range I expect the Jets to be looking for (unless they looking for a situational pass rusher later on in the draft). Ojulari is a bit light in comparison.  

One thing to point out is that that same Eagles team had one of the best O-lines in the NFL as well, lol. So go figure. One thing we know is that JD tends to stick to his board and go after the players he values highly. We saw this with AVT, Becton (when he took him over Wirfs), JJ, B.Hall, Ruckert, etc. 

I think Van Ness is a serious under the radar candidate at 13. He has the size Saleh likes at DE and he has the sick athletic numbers that Douglas likes. I would not take Van Ness at 13, but I can see it happening. 

• Upvote 1