Lamar got paid 5 years, $260,000,000

Larz

Just now, Green Ghost said:

Is there a wrong answer? ?‍♂️

well in hindsight, it's possible one or both is the wrong answer

rodgers could flop, the jets stink, give up next year's 1 and be in a bigger hole than they were going into this off-season

jackson could continue to see his performance decline and continue to get hurt, handicapping the ravens.

in terms of opinion, no there is no wrong answer.  just our respective opinions

• Upvote 1

23 minutes ago, jetblue95 said:

lamar will likely play longer given their respective ages

but for each of the last 3 seasons, rodgers has been the better QB, even in his down 2022 season with a broken thumb

for the next 2, i'd take rodgers.  

You can win multiple super bowls with Rodgers still. Lamar will never even make it to a conf championship game 

57 minutes ago, Green Ghost said:

Where do QBs get hurt most often? In the pocket or outside of it?

If you answer outside, you’re wrong.

That’s actually not as relevant as you think it is. Sure, most QB injuries come on hits inside the pocket that they don’t see coming. Absolutely. 

However, running backs get hurt more than quarterbacks. The problem with Lamar is that he is 3rd all-time in rushing attempts per game for a QB (10.4) - the two guys ahead of him played in the 30s and 40s and were more halfback/fullback than QB. 

In other words, the ravens use him as a running back at a historical pace when compared to other QBs. And running backs get hurt more than quarterbacks do. 

If Lamar wants to play until he’s 40 like Rodgers, he has to start carrying the ball less. 

• Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, Kelly to Allen no huddle said:

You can win multiple super bowls with Rodgers still. Lamar will never even make it to a conf championship game 

Such a dumb post.

Rodgers has won one in 18 years. I’ll bet any amount you want he isn’t winning two more.

Although you’re also talking out of your a*s with the assertion about Lamar, at least that one can be defended, same as if you said it about Herbert, Watson, Lawrence and others. It’s really stupid, but the odds aren’t really stacked against you.

1 minute ago, Green Ghost said:

Such a dumb post.

Rodgers has won one in 18 years. I’ll bet any amount you want he isn’t winning two more.

Although you’re also talking out of your a*s with the assertion about Lamar, at least that one can be defended, same as if you said it about Herbert, Watson, Lawrence and others. It’s really stupid, but the odds aren’t really stacked against you.

Lamar won't be a starter in the league in under 3 years. 

• More Ugh 1

1 hour ago, Green Ghost said:

Where do QBs get hurt most often? In the pocket or outside of it?

If you answer outside, you’re wrong.

How many times are they hit inside the pocket versus outside? They spend a lot more time in there than not.

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, jgb said:

How many times are they hit inside the pocket versus outside? They spend a lot more time in there than not.

I’m not positive, but I believe it was a percentage based on the # of injuries? 

When you think about it, it makes sense though. In the pocket the QB is looking downfield and trying to “sense” a rush he can’t see, especially from his blind side. He’s also defenseless when in a throwing motion.

Conversely, when the QB is running outside the pocket all his attention is on where the defenders are, and avoiding them. He can see the danger around him approaching. He can also get to the sidelines or slide and get protection from a hit.

I’m not positive, but I believe it was a percentage based on the #of injuries?

Have the link?

When you think about it, it makes sense though. In the pocket the QB is looking downfield and trying to “sense” a rush he can’t see, especially from his blind side. He’s also defenseless when in a throwing motion.

Conversely, when the QB is running outside the pocket all his attention is on where the defenders are, and he can see the danger approaching. He can also get to the sidelines or slide and get protection from a hit.

Cuts both ways. Pocket hits are also rarely at full speed due to its close quarters nature. I'd probably bet that the % chance of injury is higher for a play where the QB leaves the pocket than does not.

5 minutes ago, jgb said:

Have the link?

Cuts both ways. Pocket hits are also rarely at full speed due to its close quarters nature. I'd probably bet that the % chance of injury is higher for a play where the QB leaves the pocket than does not.

I totally understand you having doubts, I did too at first.

I think it was either jif or 80 who posted it (several times) I tried looking for it earlier but couldn’t find it, sorry. I’m terrible at looking for that kind of thing.

1 minute ago, jgb said:

Have the link?

It's not about mobile qbs not playing Long. It's rpo qbs who need the run threat to function as a passer. 

Once the legs decline like with Cam, Vick , or Lamar, even a much lesser rpo talent like Tebow, they wash out sooner rather than later... It's why guys like Eric crouch or Scott frost had to switch positions. 

Elway, Staubach, Tarkenton, Young all ran around a ton in a more physical era and played until there late 30s

8 minutes ago, bicketybam said:
18 minutes ago, Green Ghost said:
Cool. Thanks for the hot take. Your true colors are showing btw and it’s not a good look.

You lost me. What are his true colors?

To make a comment like did it’s clearly a personal thing with him.
He just doesn’t like Jackson for some reason, and i don’t think it’s because he’s a “running QB.”

I have no idea why he feels that way, nor do I care. (And yeah, it’s not a good look)

1 hour ago, Kelly to Allen no huddle said:

It's still incredibly insane and stupid. 

A lot will depend on the structure of the deal. Guarantees, void years, if there are any baloney years and money tacked onto the end that will never be played under, etc.