JetNation Site Upgrade and Maintenance; New Features

We are excited to announce some significant upgrades coming to JetNation.com! Our mission is to create an even more dynamic and enjoyable experience for our community members. To that end, we're implementing a series of enhancements that will elevate your interactions on our platform.

As part of this commitment, we will perform a planned system maintenance temporarily taking our site offline. This is scheduled for midnight tonight, and the site is expected to be unavailable for several hours. While we understand this may cause a temporary inconvenience, we assure you it's a critical step towards improving your user experience.

Our upgrades will include:

Forum Upgrades: We're staying with the tried-and-true Invision Power Board, but we're migrating to their cloud hosting platform. This will provide increased speed, reliability, and the ability to handle higher traffic volumes with ease. There may be a new Aaron Rodgers fan or two visiting us this season.

Live Events: We are thrilled to announce the addition of live events to our forum features. This will offer our community the opportunity to interact in real-time, enhancing your engagement and participation.

Site Redesign: The front page of our site will receive a fresh new look and feel with a sleek, modern WordPress design. We are certain you will appreciate the enhanced usability and updated aesthetics.

We can't wait to share these updates with you and are confident that these changes will significantly enrich your experience on JetNation.com. We will continue to work diligently to ensure a smooth transition during this upgrade. We appreciate your understanding and patience during this period of scheduled maintenance and look forward to presenting you with the new and improved JetNation.com. Thank you for being a valued member of our community. We'll see you on the other side!

• Upvote 3
  • Post of the Week 1

I am taking the site offline a little earlier than I mentioned. The backup is running over 24 hours the way we are doing it now. So we have to run it a different way.

See you all on the other side, thanks.

I just enabled forum posting again. We are partly migrated but the forums are taking forever.  So we will do this in two parts.  

That means we are back, go Jets.  :)

Thanks for your patience everyone.

1 minute ago, bitonti said:

Somehow the site is blocking my negative comments. I can only express positive emotions about the Jets now 

Well played, max. Well played. 

LOL!!!! Yes, that part of the upgrade is done. We named it the Woody Johnson AI Engine.  We only accept posts that would be pleasing to Sir Woodrow.

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Thanks for all you do Max, we appreciate it!

Thanks, this one is painful but will be worth it. Live Events just requires a huge tech change. But last night we completed about 90% of it. I just said let's get things back online so we can post again. I hate the forums being down.

Tomorrow we will put in the new homepage design and now in order to go live with cloud forum hosting it is more of a smaller downtime that we will do int he middle of the night.

The biggest change is going to be we will be able to handle thousands of people online at once. Which is going to happen on gameday now for sure. And during training camp, especially because KRL will be there.

• Upvote 3

18 minutes ago, DLJ said:

Will the app be updated? I can’t see polls on the app, nor can I see reactions outside of up or down vote.
I use the app exclusively, but there are limitations

Which app?

44 minutes ago, DLJ said:

JetNation.com App

IMG_1147.JPG

Unfortunately the company that made that for us doesn't support it anymore. I will have an update soon they are pushing everyone a different way. Thanks.

• Sympathy 1

19 hours ago, Maxman said:

We are excited to announce some significant upgrades coming to JetNation.com! Our mission is to create an even more dynamic and enjoyable experience for our community members. To that end, we're implementing a series of enhancements that will elevate your interactions on our platform.

As part of this commitment, we will perform a planned system maintenance temporarily taking our site offline. This is scheduled for midnight tonight, and the site is expected to be unavailable for several hours. While we understand this may cause a temporary inconvenience, we assure you it's a critical step towards improving your user experience.

Our upgrades will include:

Forum Upgrades: We're staying with the tried-and-true Invision Power Board, but we're migrating to their cloud hosting platform. This will provide increased speed, reliability, and the ability to handle higher traffic volumes with ease. There may be a new Aaron Rodgers fan or two visiting us this season.

Live Events: We are thrilled to announce the addition of live events to our forum features. This will offer our community the opportunity to interact in real-time, enhancing your engagement and participation.

Site Redesign: The front page of our site will receive a fresh new look and feel with a sleek, modern WordPress design. We are certain you will appreciate the enhanced usability and updated aesthetics.

We can't wait to share these updates with you and are confident that these changes will significantly enrich your experience on JetNation.com. We will continue to work diligently to ensure a smooth transition during this upgrade. We appreciate your understanding and patience during this period of scheduled maintenance and look forward to presenting you with the new and improved JetNation.com. Thank you for being a valued member of our community. We'll see you on the other side!

Thanks for everything you do for this community. What are “live events” in the context of discussion forums?