Where Do You Want Training Camp To Be

jetsrule128

Where Do You Want Training Camp To Be  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Where Do You Want Training Camp To Be

• HOFSTRA LONG ISLAND
    • Florham Park NEW JERSEY

The cafeteria vote is often referred to the swing vote. That would be huge. Regardless I am voting for the cespool that we call NJ. It is home to us.

Selfish reasons of course. But if they couldn't get Manhattan bring the whole thing here.

i want connecticut as an option... ...:baby:

honestly the TRI part of the tri-state region is just underused... frankly it should be the Bi-state area... uhhhhh but of course then of course would come the sexual innuendos...

yes i know...none of you thought of that... and i just have a gutter mind... :lol:

NO offence max but they are the new york jets.you have the games.give the poor people who can't get tickets and live in long island a chance to see them

No offense taken. Like I stated earlier, I wanted the West Side thing. I thought that would have been sweet. A true home field. (But in reality it would have been so overpriced and corporate even that is not certain).

Anyhow since that did not happen and since they signed to play in NJ like they are now....I say let the players live near the stadium. Really is a no brainer. Why commute to your own games?

You can blast the decision to keep doing what they are doing now (playing in NJ). I just can't knock them for making the players life easier. Players don't want to come here. This team hasn't won a Super Bowl in forever. CHANGE it all up. That is what I say.

And I don't think there are any poor people on Long Island. :P So that really isn't an issue.

NO offence max but they are the new york jets.you have the games.give the poor people who can't get tickets and live in long island a chance to see them

You know JETSRULE128, though I've never said anything about this move that in any way would be detrimental to another JETS fan, I have to.

This move has nothing to do with tradition. It's an investment.

An investment in free agents & veterans who will only have to pay one (1) state income tax per year, instead of two or in the case of NY income tax (3-IN STATE, OUT OF STATE & NASSAU COUNTY).

It will aid the front office in sealing a deal with a free agent who in other times would have found it more difficult to sign with the JETS, than the GIANTS who's offices are located guess where - NEW JERSEY.

If the Jets are determined to stay in NJ with a combined stadium, the move of the office & training facilities had to be in the SAME STATE!

As I said, it was only business, it had nothing to do with fan base - something we all know that in the last 20 years, has expanded far beyond the Whitestone Bridge!

And JETSRULE128 - that includes poor kids in NJ, PA, CT & Upstate NY as well...

Hey, don't be so sad, with HERM gone, there may still be the annual scrimage this July...

i hope, because i can just go crash at a relatives again like last year

i remember snapping photos of Vilma from like 10 feet away

I love the move to Jersey.

Now I can actually go without making it a mission it's a nice pretty easy drive.

Love it!

Yeah Yeah Yeah Long Island fans. What about New Jersey fans? There's plenty of us out there.

Orange County NY...Plenty of room for eveyone. It's in NY and BergenJet & I would make out like bandits!!

This thread is about the Jets. Why do you have to post that you are Bergen are going to make out?

Have a little class you homo.

An investment in free agents & veterans who will only have to pay one (1) state income tax per year, instead of two or in the case of NY income tax (3-IN STATE, OUT OF STATE & NASSAU COUNTY.

They don't pay double the state tax. It's collected from (paid to) the state where your check originated & that's that. If they live in NJ and get a paycheck from NY, then NY gets the taxes. But at the end of the year they don't also have to pay another 9% (NJ tax rate >$500K) to NJ in addition to the taxes already paid to NY.

They don't pay double the state tax. It's collected from (paid to) the state where your check originated & that's that. If they live in NJ and get a paycheck from NY, then NY gets the taxes. But at the end of the year they don't also have to pay another 9% (NJ tax rate >$500K) to NJ in addition to the taxes already paid to NY.

Good point. This was actually some of the justification that the state (NJ) used. They said they will now be collecting tax income that will far exceed anything they shell out for this.

It would be amazing if there are no nfl teams or offices in New York someday in the future.... Jets and Giants are in Jersey and Bills may be gone to LA..

Jets should have waited and find a place in anywhere from Dutchess County to Westchester County.

I'd be upset if they don't practice at Hofstra... Basically because I live a couple blocks away but also because whenever I want to goto a game it's an awful drive to NJ.... No offense to anybody but I hate NJ, the only traffic worse than New York is in NJ.

...sorry but they pay taxes for both states. They work in NJ and have to pay taxes there because they aren't in either NY or NJ for more than half the year they pay taxes for both states....thats always been a big gripe with Jets players.

Archived