#JetsCamp 7/26. Keep it going.

Larz

A rare 7v7 drill. (Not that it’s rare from a general perspective but instead that they haven’t done it much yet this camp.)

—Aaron Rodgers begins it with a beauty of an anticipation hookup with Corey Davis (8-12 yards and potential YAC if he beats the CB). 
—Next play falls incomplete, but it was a positive QB throw. He saw 1v1 and placed it in the perfect spot (back shoulder), which allowed Garrett Wilson a chance. Got one hand on it, great coverage by Reed.
—Next two also fall incomplete, one of which sails wide of Ruckert. Based on my angle, I cannot be sure of this, but there’s a chance that the throw is on him if Ruckert doesn’t drift his route as much as he did. Didn’t see much communication afterward, but it’s worth a callout. ***Every completion or incompletion has a unique story behind it.

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, BigRy56 said:

Lord have mercy, the team looks great so far but we're going to spend the next month discussing Mekhi Becton aren't we?

It's getting old fast. We have 5 other OTs on the roster. Becton will either be here or not come week 1.

• Upvote 3

First play of teams saw a quick-hitting rush attempt gobbled up at LOS. Right side of DL moved things considerably. 

Next play, another gobbled up rush attempt, this time with the left side of the DL and run support moving the O. D comes out incredibly on its toes. Aggressive. 

After an incompletion (GW, AR scramble, good coverage), D stuffs another MC attempt. This time, Carl Lawson gets him backside (down LOS).

6 minutes ago, Lith said:

A rare 7v7 drill. (Not that it’s rare from a general perspective but instead that they haven’t done it much yet this camp.)

—Aaron Rodgers begins it with a beauty of an anticipation hookup with Corey Davis (8-12 yards and potential YAC if he beats the CB). 
—Next play falls incomplete, but it was a positive QB throw. He saw 1v1 and placed it in the perfect spot (back shoulder), which allowed Garrett Wilson a chance. Got one hand on it, great coverage by Reed.
—Next two also fall incomplete, one of which sails wide of Ruckert. Based on my angle, I cannot be sure of this, but there’s a chance that the throw is on him if Ruckert doesn’t drift his route as much as he did. Didn’t see much communication afterward, but it’s worth a callout. ***Every completion or incompletion has a unique story behind it.

WR2!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Robby Sabo @RobbySabo

—Next two also fall incomplete, one of which sails wide of Ruckert. Based on my angle, I cannot be sure of this, but there’s a chance that the throw is on him if Ruckert doesn’t drift his route as much as he did. Didn’t see much communication afterward, but it’s worth a callout.                            

***Every completion or incompletion has a unique story behind it.

Robby Sabo @RobbySabo

Zach Wilson with a chunk to Erickson, in timing, smooth, and most importantly, he seemed to use his legs (drove off the back foot). 50+ yards in air, WR ran another 20+ for TD. ZW threw it early enough, didn’t allow DB (I believe it was Ashtyn Davis) to close, so it was delivered in perfect stride, and it was also delivered towards the numbers (deep and over). ***Will have to check the replay, but solid real-time signs with leg drive (is my initial impression).

Shortly thereafter, Kutztown’s own Jerome Kapp gets ok the board with a grab.

• Upvote 4
  • Sympathy 1

Zach Wilson with a chunk to Erickson, in timing, smooth, and most importantly, he seemed to use his legs (drove off the back foot). 50+ yards in air, WR ran another 20+ for TD. ZW threw it early enough, didn’t allow DB (I believe it was Ashtyn Davis) to close, so it was delivered in perfect stride, and it was also delivered towards the numbers (deep and over). ***Will have to check the replay, but solid real-time signs with leg drive (is my initial impression). 

Shortly thereafter, Kutztown’s own Jerome Kapp gets ok the board with a grab.

1 minute ago, CTJetsFan said:

Seems like ever since Wilson missed a simple screen throw early in camp and Rodgers stepped in to correct him on something, he has really improved.

Great news.  Of course Zach's tutor is costing us $100M over two years, but what the hell...YOLO.

• Haha 3

Just now, nycdan said:

So the good news appears to be that nobody is going to score much on this defense.

The bad news is that the offensive line may hold our offense back from scoring much either.

Stay tuned...

Maybe all is not lost.  Have not heard Billy Turner's name much as a guy getting beat.  Duane Brown has not yet stepped on the field.  And per KRL's notes, the interior OL looked really good yesterday.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, nycdan said:

So the good news appears to be that nobody is going to score much on this defense.

The bad news is that the offensive line may hold our offense back from scoring much either.

Stay tuned...

Have to hope that practicing against as good of a defensive front as we have will improve our o-line by the time camp is done

• Upvote 1

Ok, Tony Adams shows his range by picking off Rodgers, takes it away from CD. (Missed the first part of the play, so not sure of much with this one.) 

Then, Zach Wilson pulls off an word encouraging one, tough throw (short, outside, decent coverage) to Yeboah, but here’s he callout: Jermaine Johnson undressed rookie Carter Warren on the play (simple hand slap, down, moving wide), which means ZW had JJ in his face immediately and on the same side the throw was attempted. He didn’t freeze, remained confident.

• Upvote 3