The struggle for every Jet fan right now

1 minute ago, Biggs said:

What are Zach's stats against cupcakes?  I looked up the Texans game last year 58.5 QBR.  Falcons last year 63.5.  There is no evidence the opponent makes the slightest difference in Zach's play. 

Stop quoting last year... QBs are allowed to improve... He hasn't had any cupcake matchups yet... 

2 minutes ago, Reasonable Jets Fan said:

He threw 3 INTs when the game was out of reach... 

DJ threw 2 ints in the game against Dallas... Scored no points got less yards and ran for less... Yes DJ played worse than DJ against Dallas Defense... 

Meanwhile DJ leads a comeback against a bottom 5 team which they should not have even been losing to and ZW leads game scoring drives to beat the Bills... 

So yes you are sounding more and more bias on each post... And not making any points to respond to my clear stats that refute everything you say... 

But because ZW was so bad last year that disregards reality... Got it

WOW! You fanboys love to bend reality. The game was out of reach because Zack Wilson was inefficient as usual and couldn't move the ball and score points, and then when he has to play catch up, he becomes even more inefficient! He has put down two years of game film that painfully illustrates this over and over again, but yet you are willing to ignore it and blame everyone and everything else under the sun.  

Got it.

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

1 hour ago, ChuckkieB said:

Daniel Jones was down by 21 but yet he somehow managed to keep himself and his team focused, made play after play, and eventually won the game for them in dramatic fashion. This notion that because the Jets were down big it somehow excuses Wilson from abhorrent play is ABSURD.  How many more 1 TD, 3 INT games do some of y'all need to see before moving on from Zack Wilson?  He will NEVER be a legit NFL QB.  

I'm not a big fan of Zach, but please don't compare the 2 situations. The AZ team is probably the worst team in the NFL. The cowboys will probably win 14 games.

• Post of the Week 1

3 hours ago, Biggs said:

Grant,

You mentioned you’ve been following the Jets since you were young.   Are you posting from a nursing home or do you have round the clock care at home?  

I have also been following the Jets since I was “young”.   I’m frankly concerned that you might be unsupervised and out in public with an optimistic view of Zach Wilson.

Your friend Biggs, a concerned Jets fan.

Haha thank you for your concern. I just turned 40 so my Jets fandom began in the early 90’s. I know my optimism may rub people the wrong way but I believe as Jets fans we can be overly pessimistic to a fault. It’s been tough sledding for this franchise for the past 10 years so I get the negativity but we also need to see that we are not the bottom dwellers of the league anymore. We have a lot of young talent and exciting players to root for. It’s a fun team that should be able to compete every Sunday.

• Upvote 1
  • En Fuego 1

Just now, Reasonable Jets Fan said:

Stop quoting last year... QBs are allowed to improve... He hasn't had any cupcake matchups yet... 

You made an excuse and tried to sell it as a fact.  Don't get mad at me for calling you on it.   Zach played well against Buffalo.  He wasn't the reason we lost against Dallas but he didn't play well.  He has 2 games.  There isn't a sample size that says he's made the step up to competent NFL QB at this point.  We will know a little more next week and as the season goes on.  At this point based on evidence Jones is a much better NFL QB than Zach.  It's not even comparable at this point.  

• WTF? 1

Just now, ChuckkieB said:

WOW! You fanboys love to bend reality. The game was out of reach because Zack Wilson was inefficient as usual and couldn't move the ball and score points, and then when he has to play catch up, he becomes even more inefficient! He has put down two years of game film that painfully illustrates this over and over again, but yet you are willing to ignore it and blame everyone and everything else under the sun.  

Got it.

Do you even read what you write... DANIEL JONES... Your comparison for garbage time stats got 0 points against the same team you are bitching about... 

Yet has to come back in epic fashion against a bottom 5 team because he played like sh*t all game and you are using that as an example to why ZW should have garbage time stats???? 

DO BETTER... You have not made 1 valid point yet

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

Just now, Ken Schroy said:

I'm not a big fan of Zach, but please don't compare the 2 situations. The AZ team is probably the worst team in the NFL. The cowboys will probably win 14 games.

This is a bs excuse.  A good QB needs to elevate his team, keep them in games, and make plays down the stretch to win games no matter who they are playing. Zack has not proven he can do this consistently regardless who the opponent is.  

• WTF? 1

4 minutes ago, Jet Redemption said:

Haha thank you for your concern. I just turned 40 so my Jets fandom began in the early 90’s. I know my optimism may rub people the wrong way but I believe as Jets fans we can be overly pessimistic to a fault. It’s been tough sledding for this franchise for the past 10 years so I get the negativity but we also need to see that we are not the bottom dwellers of the league anymore. We have a lot of young talent and exciting players to root for. It’s a fun team that should be able to compete every Sunday.

It was a terrific first post.  Welcome to the board.  Looking forward to more!

2 minutes ago, Biggs said:

You made an excuse and tried to sell it as a fact.  Don't get mad at me for calling you on it.   Zach played well against Buffalo.  He wasn't the reason we lost against Dallas but he didn't play well.  He has 2 games.  There isn't a sample size that says he's made the step up to competent NFL QB at this point.  We will know a little more next week and as the season goes on.  At this point based on evidence Jones is a much better NFL QB than Zach.  It's not even comparable at this point.  

What, I made no excuse... I said AZ is a bottom 5 team and DJ padded stats against it.. DJ also scored 0 points against the same team that ZW was supposed to have garbage time stats against... What part of that is an excuse? 

6 minutes ago, ChuckkieB said:

Got it.

You are getting a guest VIP pass to the Defcon 4 thread starting this Sunday at 4:00pm.  Cannot wait to hear your takes.  Folks will be held accountable.  There will be no excuses in this thread.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, ChuckkieB said:

This is a bs excuse.  A good QB needs to elevate his team, keep them in games, and make plays down the stretch to win games no matter who they are playing. Zack has not proven he can do this consistently regardless who the opponent is.  

Not even Arron is supposed to that. Jeez I thought that was the CS. This is not a serious position.

1 minute ago, Reasonable Jets Fan said:

Do you even read what you write... DANIEL JONES... Your comparison for garbage time stats got 0 points against the same team you are bitching about... 

Yet has to come back in epic fashion against a bottom 5 team because he played like sh*t all game and you are using that as an example to why ZW should have garbage time stats???? 

DO BETTER... You have not made 1 valid point yet

Fanboy gonna fanboy. I've refuted every single ridiculous point you've tried to make, but your Zack Wilson delusion has affected your ability to be reasonable.  Can't wait to hear your excuses after the Jets bring in a veteran QB and Zack is back holding a clipboard where he belongs.  

• Thumb Down 1

Fanboy gonna fanboy. I've refuted every single ridiculous point you've tried to make, but your Zack Wilson delusion has affected your ability to be reasonable.  Can't wait to hear your excuses after the Jets bring in a veteran QB and Zack is back holding a clipboard where he belongs.  

Hahaha wow the sickness has gone mad... You haven't refuted a thing. 

What, I made no excuse... I said AZ is a bottom 5 team and DJ padded stats against it.. DJ also scored 0 points against the same team that ZW was supposed to have garbage time stats against... What part of that is an excuse? 

How exactly did he pad his stats?  The Giants were down 20 and he lead them to 4 consecutive TD's and a field goal to win the game.  Down 20 to zip you would expect INT's galore.  

• WTF? 1

5 minutes ago, Reasonable Jets Fan said:

I have stated this 3 times and he chooses to ignore it... He is either playing dumb or has no ability to see through his anger

YOU are ignoring two years of sh1tty Zack Wilson play.  Are YOU playing dumb or do YOU have no ability so see through your fanboy status?

• Thumb Down 1

4 minutes ago, ChuckkieB said:

Let me make it easier for you... 

Who played better against Dallas? 

ZW or DJ

Who beat a better team Buffalo or Arizona?

ZW or DJ

Just now, Reasonable Jets Fan said:

Against a bottom 5 team that is actively trying to tank... How is this hard to understand 

So your thesis is Jones who last year for the season in the toughest division in football isn't as good as Zach Wilson.   It's based on throwing out the stats for one game this year for Jones.

Did it ever occur to you that the Jets have a better roster than the NY Giants?   That was true last year and is even more so this year.  

• WTF? 1

YOU are ignoring two years of sh1tty Zack Wilson play.  Are YOU playing dumb or do YOU have no ability so see through your fanboy status?

Not ignoring just allowing the possibility of growth and trying to see how his play was this year in a vaccuum.. 

Got it you have no ability to allow growth to the QB position.. Last year's stats are all the metric... sh*t why even play the games since last year's stats tell it all.. 

Just now, Biggs said:

So your thesis is Jones who last year for the season in the toughest division in football isn't as good as Zach Wilson.   It's based on throwing out the stats for one game this year for Jones.

Did it ever occur to you that the Jets have a better roster than the NY Giants?   That was true last year and is even more so this year.  

What I am basing it on what I have seen this year... Why is that so tough and wrong... 

ZW or DJ

ZW or DJ

Why don't you use the Zach TD pass to Wilson as your sample size.  It's a much better argument.  

• WTF? 1

Ummm OK... If you say so... Basing all your stats and a previous years play is reasonable.. Interesting... I guess players never improve

You're aware I'm sure that he is currently the worst QB (or close to it) in the NFL this year, overall production/stats wise, right?

• WTF? 1

4 minutes ago, Reasonable Jets Fan said:

ZW or DJ

ZW or DJ

Let me make it easy for YOU.  Zack Wilson has been the worst starting QB in the NFL over the last two year by any reasonable measurement and has shown ZERO improvement over that time and has given us more of the same this season so far, but you are willing to ignore these indisputable facts because your fanboy goggles prohibit you from living in reality and admitting that the Jets made a catastrophic mistake when they drafted him.

Got it.

• Thumb Down 1