Jets Edge Rushers by Snap Count

Maxman

13 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

How about if we get the other team in pass rushing downs?   We are soft vs the run and have let other teams drive the field.

If your defense is any good they dictate the game and help you get leads via sacks and turnovers.

It's almost like you refuse to accept the reality of situational football. I'm not going to rehash this with you yet again. I tried.

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

I would guess that they’re as surprised by Johnson’s inability to get around the edge as they are by Bryce Huff choosing to become a better run defender in his contract year. The way they’ve buried Huff the past two years makes you think there’s some really bad film on him in non-pass rush situations, and defensive coaches will reflexively put their best run defenders out there regardless. I do wonder if they drafted McDonald 1. Because they boned with the OTs coming off the board and 2. They got cute with the idea of just using him as a one for one Huff replacement in 2024

I'm still not convinced they were looking hard at OT in round 1, in that they were very much targeting center in round 2 and weren't going to start 2 rookies on the line this year. They had a lot of confidence in Brown being a rock this year at LT, and could piecemeal together a starter at RT (whether Mitchell or one of their other pickups, if Becton's 4th year mimicked his 2nd/3rd). 

The rest of it, yeah I think you're probably right at least to some degree (if not totally). I did find it strange they kept Lawson but after a resurgence to prior form last year they probably anticipated him taking yet another big step forward being another year removed from his major surgery. Meanwhile they willfully ignored he's always had health issues: half a season quarter of a season, and a full season missed over his prior 4. Not doubting his toughness personally - and I think that can throw coaches/GMs off when they get to know a guy better - but he's just not 100% as often as he should be, and tbh for a team with such a good secondary he doesn't sack the QB enough for a guy who'd gotten so many snaps. I mean, 7 sacks? This team used to get that many coverage sacks out of Jordan Jenkins ffs. 

Huff is good, gets pressures, he has 2 solo tackles and 2 assisted tackles and 0 sacks. Elite edge rushers get home. He gets engulfed by larger linemen, when they get in his chest.

Would we not be going back to the fight when Leonard Williams always gets pressure, but never gets home. At best sign him for 2 years @ 6mil per all guaranteed.

Also he was hurt for most of his first 2 years.

8 hours ago, T0mShane said:

Nania has a good article up discussing the first half vs second half splits for the defense, which shows that the defense is slightly below average in the first half, elite in the second half. Some of that is because the DL rotation keeps everyone fresh, but (imo) Saleh vastly overestimated the jump Jermaine Johnson was going to take. Huge mistake to move him over the left tackle, where he gets swallowed up. He’s an effort/hustle rusher. They need to move him back into a rotation with JFM off the left side and let Huff-McDonald-Lawson take over on the blind side, in that order. 

Lawon looks like he's sleepwalking IMO.  Wonder if there's an injury?

6 hours ago, DireJet said:

Huff is ascending into an elite rusher. He’s got Khalil Mack vibes w/the leverage and power at the edge. Guy’s crushing it on ST, too. He needs to be fully unleashed. 

He’s gonna be a major problem for the league if the Jets just let him be great! 

IMG_6573.jpeg

5 hours ago, Green Truth said:

Huff is good, gets pressures, he has 2 solo tackles and 2 assisted tackles and 0 sacks. Elite edge rushers get home. He gets engulfed by larger linemen, when they get in his chest.

Would we not be going back to the fight when Leonard Williams always gets pressure, but never gets home. At best sign him for 2 years @ 6mil per all guaranteed.

Huff causes incompletions. Leonard had “pressures” 2 seconds after the QB already threw a completion.  

5 hours ago, Green Truth said:

Then you won’t sign him. If he gets more snaps, he’ll get sacks. He’s ascending still. Those are the players you lock up, like the Knicks did with Brunson. 

IMG_6573.thumb.jpeg.86337a1e52170ab3024062faf0256c89.jpeg

Huff is ascending into an elite rusher. He’s got Khalil Mack vibes w/the leverage and power at the edge. Guy’s crushing it on ST, too. He needs to be fully unleashed. 
Bryce Huff is the team's best edge ... and it's not really close.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

• Upvote 1