AVT - Achilles - Out for Season

JETS SB

Put it this way man:  Whenever Douglas is done here he'll still have a long and likely successful NFL career elsewhere.  

Tannenbaum was a miserable failure in Miami and has been working for Disney ever since.

Douglas' GM skillset is more sustainable than Tannenbaum's.  Far better negotiator and has at least of modicum of scouting/player personnel knowledge and instincts.

They definitely both suck but JD sucks worse and I will double down that he is the best Woody will ever get at the GM position.  The next hire will be another Maccagnan.  Book it.

23 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

If the 5th year pickup/extension never comes you are wrong on this one.

The 2 pick was the highest this franchise has picked since Keyshawn. 

It's opportunity cost 

There was like 4 or 5 premium prospects they passed on for Zach. I was screaming for Sewell. But chase, slater, parsons and maybe even Pitts would have been good choices 

All those losses, They squandered the rebuild. So they bring in Rodgers which is very related to Zach being terrible 

At least Sanchez had a heyday before the extension. Ya know he's still the Jets all time playoff winningest qb. All road wins 

JD hasn't done anything but tear it down

6 minutes ago, bitonti said:

There was like 4 or 5 premium prospects they passed on for Zach. I was screaming for Sewell. But chase, slater, parsons and maybe even Pitts would have been good choices 

This is what really stings.

Disagree on Pitts, but it's not as if we were talking about the Sheldon Richardson Dee Milliner draft.

The Zach Wilson draft class was loaded with blue chip all-pro talent.

Also in that class:

DeVonta Smith

Waddle

Zaven Collins

Justin Fields

Darrisaw

• Upvote 2

13 minutes ago, JoeNamathsFurCoat said:

This is what really stings.

Disagree on Pitts, but it's not as if we were talking about the Sheldon Richardson Dee Milliner draft.

The Zach Wilson draft class was loaded with blue chip all-pro talent.

Also in that class:

DeVonta Smith

Waddle

Zaven Collins

Justin Fields

Darrisaw

Kyle Pitts is only 23 years old. He just had a 7 rec 84 yard game and is not a total wash out by any means 

It would have been the "worst" of the premium picks but still miles ahead of Zach. Which was basically like drafting Jamarcus Russell at 2. 

If they HAD to go QB, Fields is still miles ahead of Wilson. 

Darrisaw over AVT will go down as a bad decision.  The Jets traded up for AVT looking for an elite guard and passed on a Pro Bowl snub B+ type at left tackle

• Upvote 2

10 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

He is?  Quinnen has completely disappeared this season. 

this is a falsehood

Quinnen is playing well, taking doubles and also through an injury 

he will get his production 

the defense is much worse without QW and the fact that they signed his brother who is also playing great is not a coincidence 

2 hours ago, bitonti said:

The 2 pick was the highest this franchise has picked since Keyshawn. 

It's opportunity cost 

All those losses, They squandered the rebuild. So they bring in Rodgers which is very related to Zach being terrible 

At least Sanchez had a heyday before the extension. Ya know he's still the Jets all time playoff winningest qb. All road wins 

JD hasn't done anything but tear it down

The dudes on this board would have melted down the JN servers and then marched on 1JD and torched it to the ground had they taken Pitts @ #2 lol

I remember thinking (and trying to make the case) that he was more WR in the Calvin Johnson mold than a true TE. Guess I was wrong.

4 hours ago, bitonti said:

I'm going to make a controversial statement here:

Tanny was a better gm than JD 

The wins are better the draft picks are better. Woody has seen success before. 2-3 soon to be 2-4 going into the bye these are mediocre results and even woody knows this 

Does he have any better ideas probably not 

Seriously Bit.... when did 2-4 become mediocre?

1 hour ago, CTJetsFan said:

The dudes on this board would have melted down the JN servers and then marched on 1JD and torched it to the ground had they taken Pitts @ #2 lol

I remember thinking (and trying to make the case) that he was more WR in the Calvin Johnson mold than a true TE. Guess I was wrong.

Who cares what the fans think? It still would be better than Zach 

Again he's 23 and just starting to emerge. He's like a Vernon Davis type. Maybe overdrafted but far from worthless 

21 hours ago, bitonti said:

Who cares what the fans think? It still would be better than Zach 

Again he's 23 and just starting to emerge. He's like a Vernon Davis type. Maybe overdrafted but far from worthless 

Maybe, but I'm pretty sure 99.9% of the people on this board wanted a QB (maybe not Zach) at #2 (or a trade back) at the time

8 minutes ago, CTJetsFan said:

Maybe, but I'm pretty sure 99.9% of the people on this board wanted a QB (maybe not Zach) at #2 (or a trade back) at the time

After losing out on TL due to meaningless wins late in the year, trading down was the obvious and only choice there. Use a veteran QB to help new coaches install schemes and coach up all the young talent from rebuilding and drafting a ton of young premium talent (emphasize the OL). THEN you draft a rookie QB once the foundation is built. Not rocket science. 

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, Creepy Lurker said:

After losing out on TL due to meaningless wins late in the year, trading down was the obvious and only choice there. Use a veteran QB to help new coaches install schemes and coach up all the young talent from rebuilding and drafting a ton of young premium talent (emphasize the OL). THEN you draft a rookie QB once the foundation is built. Not rocket science. 

I don't disagree. Who was the veteran QB that was available that we should have brought in who wouldn't have cost us that 1st round pick?

10 minutes ago, CTJetsFan said:

I don't disagree. Who was the veteran QB that was available that we should have brought in who wouldn't have cost us that 1st round pick?

Any low end free agent QB that could help a young OL get their feet under them for year 1. I don’t remember who was available but any of the usual suspects for the purpose of guiding a young offense and nothing more.