2023/2024 LETS GO RANGERS!!!

TBJ

On 5/28/2024 at 3:06 PM, TBJ said:

Panarin, Trocheck and Lafreniere have been on the same line all year.

Anybody who thinks Panarin is just disappearing in the playoffs and Lafy is just taking over games, has very little understanding on what is going on out there.

He's definitely benefiting from the attention Panarin is getting on every shift.

Gotta disagree here.  Yeah Panarin is is getting more attention but none of that explains the numerous instances of stick handling issues when there is nobody is even close to being on him.  How many times has he simply whiffed on pucks at the point or when the Rangers are on the rush? The ice is bad for everyone but we are now looking at three years worth of bread man disappearing during playoff hockey. 

This is not the exception that proves the rule.  After three years of it this kind of performance is the rule.  I think we need to accept the fact that he will never be a difference make in the playoffs.  Forget hopes of him being the offensive difference maker I would settle at this point if he were just not a defensive liability and turnover generator.

• Upvote 1

Dont understand how they just sit back and dont attack.  The Panthers are skating around them like they are 10 year olds. Its humiliating.  Their HC is content with getting a1 goal lead or being tied and going into OT.  They should have been blown out in many of these playoff games if not for him, You just cant play scared and put it all on your goalie. This series is all but over. I dont see how they rebound from this.  Panthers are totally dominating them offensively and defensively. This is not team I witnessed palying in 2024.  

4 hours ago, section314 said:

I must have missed the rule change.. did this series become a best of five? You still have to win 4 games, right?  You “ supposed “ Ranger fans are the gutless ones. Way to back your team. 

They are not playing with confidence. They are playing NOT to lose and NOT to win.  Same exact thing happened last year. They have totally imploded in the last 2 playoff series, They were lucky to escape the Canes after being up 3-0.  Something just shifted. They do not look like the 2024 President's trophy winner. Their defense is non-existent.  It's embarrasing.  They have no ability to forcheck.  This Panthers team reminds me of the Islander teams of the 80's that would drive you crazy in your zone on the boards, constantly checking checking checking, creating opportunity after opportunity and just wearing you out.  They are going to have to revamp the defense and get rid of Trouba who is a pentaly machine.  How do you commit 3 penalties in a playoff game. Inexcusable.  They have to get a superstar.  A guy like a Messier, Sakic, Lemeiux, Jagr, Gretzky, and get a few mauler type defensemen. They are getting bullied, beat up and are worn out by the third period.  This is the playoffs. Its a much different style/type of play than the regular season. They are just not built to contend in the playoffs with this roster.  

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, section314 said:

I must have missed the rule change.. did this series become a best of five? You still have to win 4 games, right?  You “ supposed “ Ranger fans are the gutless ones. Way to back your team. 

“You’re not a real fan because you had a pessimistic outlook on the series after losing a pivotal game 5 at home.” Get real man most people are going to be negative after a game like that. 

4 hours ago, GangGreened said:

They need to figure out a way to win the third period tonight. They have been dominated in the third all series 

As a team we have issues clearing the defensive zone reliably which in turn leads to extended shifts in our own zone.  Eventually that wears us out as a team and that is why we lose 3rd periods.  Florida uses this formula on many of its opponents and we are just the latest one

I do not think the cure for what ails us is available here in game 6.  A healthy Adam Fox would be a good start but the issues are with Trouba and many of the forwards who cannot clear the zone with any reliability.   I loved what Jacob brought in terms of toughness and leadership but we have also been paying the price for his defensive lapses as well as more than a few really boneheaded penalties.

Issues up front are with players who can be cancelled out in games at this time of year.  Either because they past their prime or simply because the nature of the game that they play does not translate well to playoff hockey.  Breadman and Mika fall into this group.  I was hoping that either Kakko or Cuylle might become an X-factor but both of them seem over matched here.  One thing Laviolette can do and which he probably should have done a couple of games ago is promote Laf to the first PP unit.  He is our only player who consistently creates danger situations and the PP is sorely in need of that.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, EM31 said:

As a team we have issues clearing the defensive zone reliably which in turn leads to extended shifts in our own zone.  Eventually that wears us out as a team and that is why we lose 3rd periods.  Florida uses this formula on many of its opponents and we are just the latest one

I do not think the cure for what ails us is available here in game 6.  A healthy Adam Fox would be a good start but the issues are with Trouba and many of the forwards who cannot clear the zone with any reliability.   I loved what Jacob brought in terms of toughness and leadership but we have also been paying the price for his defensive lapses as well as more than a few really boneheaded penalties.

Issues up front are with players who can be cancelled out in games at this time of year.  Either because they past their prime or simply because the nature of the game that they play does not translate well to playoff hockey.  Breadman and Mika fall into this group.  I was hoping that either Kakko or Cuylle might become an X-factor but both of them seem over matched here.  One thing Laviolette can do and which he probably should have done a couple of games ago is promote Laf to the first PP unit.  He is our only player who consistently creates danger situations and the PP is sorely in need of that.

I feel like Cuylle is playing well.  He seems to be one of the few noticeable offensive players.  

Laf has been our only threat.  Yet, he doesn't get in on the PP?  Panarin has played himself out of the top unit.  His stick handling being the most noticeable and glaring concern.

Good Luck tonight blueshirts!  Let's see 60 minutes of urgency!

I gave myself 24 hours to get put game 5 behind me. 

This team has passed every test it has faced this year. Bounced back from a bad January. Came from behind 30 + times in the regular season. Now they face their biggest test. Facing elimination. 

I think Florida is the better team but I just believe this is not ending tonight. It might on Monday but tonight. 

No

This team will find a way. They have all season. Either Igor stands on his head. Kreider or Panarin step up. 

A nerve wracking, Kuckle busting night but in the end, they find a way to push this to Monday night and game 7.

LFGR !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, shawn306 said:

No Regrets 

Mark Messier 6/1/2024

The tag line… NO QUIT IN NY reminds me of the line..  “Play Like a JET”.

Sounds great but is basically meaningless……… I am hopeful but not overly confident.  LGR!!!!!