Georgia: 12/22, 133 yards, 0TD/0INT

LSU: 10/20, 111 yards, 0TD/0INT

Tennessee: 22/33, 314 yards, 3TD/2INT

LSU: 11/32, 113 yards, 0TD/2INT

Georgia: 15/28, 174 yards, 1TD/1INT

South Carolina: 27/49, 339 yards, 1TD/1INT

Florida: 28/42, 361 yards, 4TD/2INT

thoughts? is this deceiving in any way?

EDIT: please, just to pre-empt, Tennessee was emphatically NOT even good last year, so let's not screw with this listing.

Basically Vandy Sucked. When your recivers cannot get seperation and your team has to play catch up in most games you are going to be working at an extreme handicap. We can argue all the pro's and Con's we want but only 3 opinions really matter here, Mangini's Tannie's and Shottie Jr. If they have checked him out, like what they see, and draft him it is good enough for me.

Against Top Competition

Georgia Tech: 10/23, 73 yards, 0TD/2INT - 9 car, 24 yards

Auburn: 11/22, 120 yards, 0TD/2INT

Florida: 10/26, 94 yards, 0TD/2INT

Georgia: 10/20, 158 yards, 0TD/0INT - 13 car, 63 yards, TD

Auburn: 10/20, 121 yards, 1TD/0INT

Georgia Tech: 14/27, 185 yards, 0TD/1INT - 15 car, 61 yards

Georgia: 10/17, 86 yards, 1TD/1INT - 15 car, 64 yards

Florida: 18/38, 189 yards, 2TD/4INT

Tennessee: 9/25, 66 yards, 0TD/2INT

Georgia: 12/22, 133 yards, 0TD/0INT

LSU: 10/20, 111 yards, 0TD/0INT

Tennessee: 22/33, 314 yards, 3TD/2INT

LSU: 11/32, 113 yards, 0TD/2INT

Georgia: 15/28, 174 yards, 1TD/1INT

South Carolina: 27/49, 339 yards, 1TD/1INT

Florida: 28/42, 361 yards, 4TD/2INT

thoughts? is this deceiving in any way?

EDIT: please, just to pre-empt, Tennessee was emphatically NOT even good last year, so let's not screw with this listing.

All I see is that this kid is a INT Machine,looks like he averages 2 int a game. if we draft him, we are done icon13.gif back to being a door matt.And people Rather cutler over Vince ,I just don't see it or get it, stats don't lie .VY stats are supergreat compared to this kid and he Was in a stronger Div.

Basically Vandy Sucked. When your recivers cannot get seperation and your team has to play catch up in most games you are going to be working at an extreme handicap. We can argue all the pro's and Con's we want but only 3 opinions really matter here, Mangini's Tannie's and Shottie Jr. If they have checked him out, like what they see, and draft him it is good enough for me.

there are both pros and cons to be drawn from this. don't get defensive.

All I see is that this kid is a INT Machine,looks like he averages 2 int a game. if we draft him, we are done icon13.gif back to being a door matt.And people Rather cutler over Vince ,I just don't see it or get it, stats don't lie .VY stats are supergreat compared to this kid and he Was in a stronger Div.

How were Danny Wuerffel's stats in college? I think they were ok.

Put Cutler on Texas & Young on Vandy & we're not having this discussion.

looking at those stats is rediculous...

Do you know how many Florida /MiamiQB's have had AMAZING STATS and have SUCKED if dtafted at all...

Steve Walsh

Gino Toretta

Danny Weurfall...

Cutler is strong, tough and has a gun...

indeed

Pass attempts per INT - Career

Leinart - 58

Cutler - 55

Young - 32

Yeah, But look at the defenses Vince went up against and the ones cutler went up against ,different ball game bit,just MO .If you look at cutler all you see is INT's in big games v.s. top teams ,can you see what is going to happen when this kid goes up against a good D he'll start throwing INT's all over the place.

Pass attempts per INT - Career

Leinart - 58

Cutler - 55

Young - 32

Also, you can expect your QB to throw a lot more int's when he's playing from behind as often as Cutler had to. Considering the circumstances each of these guys played in, I'd say Cutler has the least to defend.

looking at those stats is rediculous...

Do you know how many Florida /MiamiQB's have had AMAZING STATS and have SUCKED if dtafted at all...

Steve Walsh

Gino Toretta

Danny Weurfall...

Cutler is strong, tough and has a gun...

Vinny Testaverde. I'm just sayin'....

Yeah, But look at the defenses Vince went up against and the ones cutler went up against ,different ball game bit

yeah exactly Vince Young played in the POS Big 12 and the toughest team he played was Colorado. USC's defense was horrible last year.

Cutler played in the SEC arguably the toughest conference in football every year. He played Georgia in Athens. he played LSU. he played Tennessee and Florida. Cmon bro.

Old arguement, and getting very stale.

Cutler played on a **** team with no talent.

Lienart played on a great team, with a ton of talent, on offense anyway.

Saying Leinart will bust because he was surrounded by NFL caliber talent is as silly as saying Cutler will bust because his team didn't own the SEC.

you don't draft the TEAM, you draft the player.

how many players from Vandy were invited to the combine?

How many from Tenn and USC went to the combine?

lame arguement.....

Old arguement, and getting very stale.

Cutler played on a **** team with no talent.

Lienart played on a great team, with a ton of talent, on offense anyway.

Saying Leinart will bust because he was surrounded by NFL caliber talent is as silly as saying Cutler will bust because his team didn't own the SEC.

you don't draft the TEAM, you draft the player.

how many players from Vandy were invited to the combine?

How many from Tenn and USC went to the combine?

lame arguement.....

who's argument in particular are you referring to?

bottom line is no one knows!

if any here ACTUALLY knew, then they would have a job in the NFL..

I will never forget the many many people screaming for the Jets to draft Shazur!

he was never even drafted

Agree 100%. He was playing some really good teams in SEC and he had no one to throw to. As for the INT's, when you're playing catch-up like you said, you're forced to throw the ball a lot more which leads to more INT's.

yeah exactly Vince Young played in the POS Big 12 and the toughest team he played was Colorado. USC's defense was horrible last year.

Cutler played in the SEC arguably the toughest conference in football every year. He played Georgia in Athens. he played LSU. he played Tennessee and Florida. Cmon bro.

How did Young perform at Ohio State?

And how did Young perform on the biggest stage of college football last year?

Patty - Make you a deal. We'll draft Vince at #4 and trade him, our #29 and our #32 for Tom Brady.

What d'ya say? :-)

Willie,

I have said from day one, the Jets would make a huge mistake drafting Lienart, Cutler or Young, and I still stand by that.

My last post was in reference to bit's comments that Young played in the "POS Big 12" (which I probably would agree). But he performed big time in big games.

Again, Jets need to go D'Brick or Mario Williams at #4, or trade down.

And then grab Mangold with the #29 pick.

Good teams in the NFL are built through the OLine and DLine.

Willie,

I have said from day one, the Jets would make a huge mistake drafting Lienart, Cutler or Young, and I still stand by that.

My last post was in reference to bit's comments that Young played in the "POS Big 12" (which I probably would agree). But he performed big time in big games.

Again, Jets need to go D'Brick or Mario Williams at #4, or trade down.

And then grab Mangold with the #29 pick.

Good teams in the NFL are built through the OLine and DLine.

Patty - Just messing with ya. I like your choices. I'd go with Mario or Hawk at #4. Mangold a good choice at #29 or 32.

Cutler played on a team full of nobodies. I think it's debateable Young or Cutler. Only one running quarterback coming out of college has been a bust, Akili Smith and he wasn't even a good athlete to begin with. Young is a much better athlete than Akili Smith ever was so I don't see the comparison there.

Many pure pocket passers have been busts. Leaf, Couch, McNown etc. We need to draft either Cutler or Young though. We may never get another chance to get a franchise qb.

That is completely stupid.

Wait until the 6th round and then grab a franchise QB.

It's really not that hard.;)

It worked pretty good elsewhere.

I hope you're joking. Forget about Ferguson and Mangold, there will be other offensive linemen who are just as good if not better that come out of this draft. Take Cutler at 4.

I know I know, it's so easy to find a franchise qb in Round 6. Travis Lulay and Ingle Martin have hall-of-fame written all over them.

Archived