2024 Starting Jets QB

Maxta_p

On 12/13/2023 at 9:57 AM, Green Truth said:

It has been agreed upon by Zach's camp and some news outlet in Utah. No one in the New York media has dug in about the story. So take it easy , Captain.

People have dug into the article in the Deseret News. Its a local reporter with 126 Followers on X. The article cites an UnNamed Source. Nothing in the way of a verified source has come forth to verify this piece or the Zack Rosenblatt/Dianna Russini Slimeball article.

2 hours ago, doitny said:

the problem with Zach being QB 3 is his salary. at 5 mil no QB 3 makes that kind of money.

if he stays i think he is the backup just because of that. 

I know that was definitely the reason this yr, for not bringing in a legit backup. But that is why the jets are where they are with Aaron ready to come back. Only if they had a dependable backup..

They wasted 7 mil on cook, which is what the 3rd highest backup made this yr. 

• Upvote 1

34 minutes ago, Jetsplayer21 said:

I know that was definitely the reason this yr, for not bringing in a legit backup. But that is why the jets are where they are with Aaron ready to come back. Only if they had a dependable backup..

They wasted 7 mil on cook, which is what the 3rd highest backup made this yr. 

Brissett makes 8 mil. with Zachs 5 mil thats 13 mil for QB2 AND 3.  i cant see them spending that much money on 2 backup spots.

Heinicke, Dalton, Stidham, White , Keenum, Rush, Hoyer, all signed for 2 years.

that leaves Brissett (8 mil), Darnold ( 4.5), Marriota (5), Lock (4), Minshew (3.5), Bridgewater (3), 

my guess is Brissett goes to a place with a young QB like he did in Wash. Indy would be crazy to let Minshew go after what he is doing this year. i cant see Darnold coming back here, especially with Zach still here.

will Marriota leave Phila to back up Rodgers? does Rodgers even want him here? 

the new QB just might be Bridgewater.

the backup picking are slim

7 minutes ago, doitny said:

Brissett makes 8 mil. with Zachs 5 mil thats 13 mil for QB2 AND 3.  i cant see them spending that much money on 2 backup spots.

that leaves Brissett (8 mil), Darnold ( 4.5), Marriota (5), Lock (4), Minshew (3.5), Bridgewater (3), 

my guess is Brissett goes to a place with a young QB like he did in Wash. Indy would be crazy to let Minshew go after what he is doing this year. i cant see Darnold coming back here, especially with Zach still here.

Would love to get tyrod Taylor. Will be a FA, and it looks like devito has played his way into qb2. Both backups look a lot better than Daniel jones ha. Tyrod has shown he can handle NYC, and could overcome a bad OL. Some qbs like Zach and jones cannot do that. Tyrod was 6-8 in deep ball passes in his first two games. ( don’t know what was after ). Gets the ball out quick. When you can throw deep and hit with accuracy, that will make the D think twice about rushing too many guys. D coordinators never respected Zach ability to make deep reads, get ball out quick, and hit with accuracy. That’s why they love to blitz him. 

• Upvote 1

On 12/13/2023 at 6:35 PM, Maxta_p said:

Ive always been a believer in Zach on here. Ive got posts to back it up. 

So what happens if Zach continues to play lights out to finish out the year, who is the starting QB next year?

We knew this delusional craziness was inevitable.  Season over.  Soft part of the schedule.  Suddenly Zach is better than Pat Mahomes according to 70% of jets fans and the owner

On 12/15/2023 at 3:20 AM, Jetsplayer21 said:

Would love to get tyrod Taylor. Will be a FA, and it looks like devito has played his way into qb2. Both backups look a lot better than Daniel jones ha. Tyrod has shown he can handle NYC, and could overcome a bad OL. Some qbs like Zach and jones cannot do that. Tyrod was 6-8 in deep ball passes in his first two games. ( don’t know what was after ). Gets the ball out quick. When you can throw deep and hit with accuracy, that will make the D think twice about rushing too many guys. D coordinators never respected Zach ability to make deep reads, get ball out quick, and hit with accuracy. That’s why they love to blitz him. 

If we draft MHJ I’ll take T-Mobile as Aaron’s backup 

On 12/13/2023 at 12:35 PM, Maxta_p said:

Ive always been a believer in Zach on here. Ive got posts to back it up. 

So what happens if Zach continues to play lights out to finish out the year, who is the starting QB next year?

You have to be kidding. Hey Woody, we know you are paying Rodgers super star QB money, but we really think we have something in Zach so we are going to keep AR8 on the bench. Hope you like that necklace you bought btw

On 12/13/2023 at 12:53 PM, genot said:

Zach Wilson has the tools to be a franchise QB. He needs consistency in front of him,(a capable online that plays together on a weekly basis), and more than one receiver that can be relied on. Give him that, and that talent he obviously has, will show itself on a regular basis. You don't trade someone  with the arm talent he has, 

finally a post with some sense!!!

• More Ugh 1

My understanding is Zach's contract guarantees his salary for next year.  That makes him untradeable.  Now, if he has 4 more games as good as his last one, he might bring a #6 pick, possibly upgraded to a 5th based on performance.

If Zach does finish the season with a 100 QBR for his last 5 starts, why wouldn't you keep him?  That's a pretty good backup QB, especially considering he gets paid whether he plays or not.

This is a guy with franchise QB arm skills.  If he has 5 stellar games in a row, it is reasonable to expect that his development in getting the ball out fast, reading defenses and ball placement have improved.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Flashlite80 said:

My understanding is Zach's contract guarantees his salary for next year.  That makes him untradeable.  Now, if he has 4 more games as good as his last one, he might bring a #6 pick, possibly upgraded to a 5th based on performance.

If Zach does finish the season with a 100 QBR for his last 5 starts, why wouldn't you keep him?  That's a pretty good backup QB, especially considering he gets paid whether he plays or not.

This is a guy with franchise QB arm skills.  If he has 5 stellar games in a row, it is reasonable to expect that his development in getting the ball out fast, reading defenses and ball placement have improved.

The Panthers assumed Darnold’s salary and then exercised his fifth year option.  

A team would give something for Zach for him to be a backup at $5.4mm for one year, less what they can get the Jets to assume.   But the question then would be why wouldn’t the Jets be that team that needs a backup.  

• Upvote 1

On 12/14/2023 at 9:13 PM, doitny said:

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/39124026/lions-teddy-bridgewater-enjoying-final-season-retiring

Lions' Teddy Bridgewater enjoying final season before retiring

• Upvote 2

4 hours ago, varjet said:

The Panthers assumed Darnold’s salary and then exercised his fifth year option.  

A team would give something for Zach for him to be a backup at $5.4mm for one year, less what they can get the Jets to assume.   But the question then would be why wouldn’t the Jets be that team that needs a backup.  

we do need a backup, it just too big a risk to make that backup Zach.

imagine if he was the backup next year and had to play for Rodgers and sucked like he did for most of this year. they would drive them out with pitchforks. they would look like the biggest idiots for keep giving him starts.

• Upvote 2

11 minutes ago, doitny said:

we do need a backup, it just too big a risk to make that backup Zach.

imagine if he was the backup next year and had to play for Rodgers and sucked like he did for most of this year. they would drive them out with pitchforks. they would look like the biggest idiots for keep giving him starts.

Yup, whether Wilson is 'the best alternative' or not he can't be here.  Just too much baggage for fans owner, everyone.

• Post of the Week 1