College bowl games 2023....

Beerfish

10 minutes ago, maury77 said:

For those of you that care, keep an eye on Alabama's right tackle (JC Latham). He is a possible target for the Jets in round 1. 

If we get him we have failed the tank imo.  He should be option 4 at best imo.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Jetsfan80 said:

No one is gonna shed any tears for poor FSU any longer.  The world has moved on.   

I have also moved on. But I can also move on and acknowledge a fact watching this game. One can chew gum and walk at the same time 

Just now, maury77 said:

He’s behind Alt and Olu, but I’m not sold that Fuaga is better.

I think there is indeed a large drop off from the top two.

I want us to double dip at OT at the very least double dip on oline.

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, Green Ghost said:

The team that got manhandled in it’s championship game to Alabama?

Man handled?  They lost by 3 points.  Georgia out gained them.  Bama got beat by double digits at home by Texas.  Bama barely beat a suspect Auburn team in a game they should have lost.  They beat Arkansas by a whopping 3 points.

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

“Fact”

This game is a complete defensive battle, one FSU would win every time. Yes, the starting QB was out, but their defense was dominant. And they would have manhandled both of these offenses. 

11 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Man handled?  They lost by 3 points.  Georgia out gained them.  Bama got beat by double digits at home by Texas.  Bama barely beat a suspect Auburn team in a game they should have lost.  They beat Arkansas by a whopping 3 points.

After Ga took a 7-0 lead in the first, Bama dominated. They led by 10 the entire second half and the Ga offense did nothing until a garbage time score in the final two minutes. 
Bama was clearly the better team that day.

Georgia had a great year, and they’re a terrific team. Unfortunately they lost to their daddy in the game they wanted to win more than any other… again.

That left them  the #5 team in a year with 4 playoff teams. No shame in that.

1 minute ago, Green Ghost said:

@Beerfish I despise FSU and like Georgia better than Alabama, but FSU had a right to be upset at being left out. Georgia had no case, and they knew it. You do you though.

Georgia should have gotten in over Washington if they wanted the “best 4”.

I know everyone is sick of the SEC, but both Bama and Georgia were among the top 4 teams if that’s what they wanted to go for.  Period.  

22 minutes ago, Green Ghost said:

Yet we still have guys claiming Georgia proved something by beating them? Funny how that works.

They're called "SEC Stans". It is what it is. 

IDGAF, Army got the Commander in Chiefs Trophy!

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Falco21 said:

This game is a complete defensive battle, one FSU would win every time. Yes, the starting QB was out, but their defense was dominant. And they would have manhandled both of these offenses. 

Stop.

I’ve agreed with you about FSU getting jobbed and their loss to Georgia being meaningless but let’s be real.

FSU wasn’t beating either of these teams without their starting QB, even with everyone else playing. In fact they probably never score a point. 

• Post of the Week 1

1 hour ago, freestater said:

McCarthy looks like the anti-zach

Based on recent events, examples and behaviors from Italian Americans and areas of the Mountain West with a high % from a specific religious denomination, I feel compelled to now be insane in my defense of JJ McCarthy.... 

Just kidding. I don't give a **** about stuff like that. 😆 

• Haha 2