College bowl games 2023....

Beerfish

Just now, Jet_Engine1 said:

Based on recent events, examples and behaviors from Italian Americans and areas of the Mountain West with a high % from a specific religious denomination, I feel compelled to now be insane in my defense of JJ McCarthy.... 

Just kidding. I don't give a **** about stuff like that. 😆 

St Patricks Day Dancing GIF by Animanias

• Haha 3

5 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Georgia should have gotten in over Washington if they wanted the “best 4”.

I know everyone is sick of the SEC, but both Bama and Georgia were among the top 4 teams if that’s what they wanted to go for.  Period.  

Nope. You’re wrong.

Georgia got beat in the only game they HAD to win this year. It’s that simple.

1 minute ago, Green Ghost said:

Nope. You’re wrong.

Georgia got beat in the only game they HAD to win this year. 

Yes and that loss is a “they didn’t deserve it” argument, not a “they weren’t top 4” one.  

They were both top 4.  Washington wouldn’t beat either.  

2 minutes ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

Based on recent events, examples and behaviors from Italian Americans and areas of the Mountain West with a high % from a specific religious denomination, I feel compelled to now be insane in my defense of JJ McCarthy.... 

Just kidding. I don't give a **** about stuff like that. 😆 

Heavy into meditation, eh?

• Haha 1

Just now, Green Ghost said:

Stop.

I’ve agreed with you about FSU getting jobbed and their loss to Georgia being meaningless but let’s be real.

FSU wasn’t beating either of these teams without their starting QB, even with everyone else playing. In fact they probably never score a point. 

Disagree, entirely. The team "everyone" continues to remark on, is one with Brock Glenn at QB, a terrible true freshman QB. Let's not forget that the last two games Rodemaker played in, FSUs offense scored 82 points and that included 24 against an SEC team on their turf.

If FSU made the playoffs, Rodemaker would be playing right now, as would the defense that gave up 6 points and 188 yards to one of the best offense in college football to win the ACC Championship. 

Just now, Falco21 said:

Disagree, entirely. The team "everyone" continues to remark on, is one with Brock Glenn at QB, a terrible true freshman QB. Let's not forget that the last two games Rodemaker played in, FSUs offense scored 82 points and that included 24 against an SEC team on their turf.

If FSU made the playoffs, Rodemaker would be playing right now, as would the defense that gave up 6 points and 188 yards to one of the best offense in college football to win the ACC Championship. 

Bored Bugs Bunny GIF by MOODMAN

4 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Yes and that loss is a “they didn’t deserve it” argument, not a “they weren’t top 4” one.  

They were both top 4.  Washington wouldn’t beat either.  

With all due respect that’s a dumb argument . The only way Georgia had a beef is if the committee took FSU without their top 2 QBs. 

Your opinion of who Washington could or couldn’t beat means absolutely nothing. Texas could beat them by 40 tonight and you’d still be wrong.

3 minutes ago, Green Ghost said:

With all due respect that’s a dumb argument . The only way Georgia had a beef is if the committee took FSU without their top 2 QBs. 

Your opinion of who Washington could or couldn’t beat means absolutely nothing. Texas could beat them by 40 tonight and you’d still be wrong.

You’re trying to eat your cake have it too my man.  You say Georgia didn’t win the game they needed to win and thus that excludes them while simultaneously arguing FSU wasn’t one of the 4 best.

You have to pick one argument and stick to it.  And if you go with the “4 best” option, in no way can you say with a straight face that Washington was/is better than Georgia.  Not a chance. 

3 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

I Hate the SEC and am tired of it but it’s simply superior, guys.  It just is…

It's 3 teams, not the conference. I mean, those powerhouses at Vandy and UK are really frightening.   😆 

1 minute ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

It's 3 teams, not the conference. I mean, those powerhouses at Vandy and UK are really frightening.   😆 

They’re about to go 6-3 in bowl games, better than any of the other P5s….if that matters.  

4 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

In all honesty, the committee hung their hat on the idea that offense and high scoring games were more entertaining than defensive low scoring games. So far, both of these offenses look like dogsh*t.

3 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

No argument there. IMO the SEC Championship game is THE Championship game almost every year.

That said, Georgia had no valid argument to get into this year’s playoffs other than “we’re Georgia and they’re not” and nobody cared after Bama owned them.

11 minutes ago, Falco21 said:

Fun fact, even with 20+ starters out and getting destroyed by 60 points, FSU still put up more yards than Alabama has this game..... 

and so? Maybe you don’t remember that  bama recently beat Georgia.  Games are won by points, not yards.

Just now, Jetsfan80 said:

They’re about to go 6-3 in bowl games, better than any of the P5s….if that matters.  

The CFPS shot the Bowl Games down like a horse with a broken leg. These are post season exhibition performances outside the 2 Playoff games. Totally fracking meaningless. 

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

The CFPS shot the Bowl Games down like a horse with a broken leg. These are post season exhibition performances outside the 2 Playoff games. Totally fracking meaningless. 

K.  Then how about the ELO ranks, then?  Those had 6 SEC teams in the top 18 this season.  5 of those in the top 11.

Just now, Green Ghost said:

Not even close to true, but keep flailing away 80.

lol of course it’s true.  SEC fatigue is the only cause for many/most to argue that the SEC isn’t superior and didn’t deserve 2 teams this year.