Jets radio rights shifting from 98.7 to 104.3 FM

14 minutes ago, JustEndTheSuffering said:

I’ve been listening to Kay predominantly in the afternoon for around 5 years though I do agree Evan should just embrace being the huge sports guy and leave what Carton brought with him. I’m with you I have no idea who let Morash do what he does. Probably that guy Spike Eskin who’s bolting back to Philly, leaving the next PD to handle that mess lol.

If WFAN wanted to bring me back over to them for afternoon drive they killed it because the few times I have listened to that show I couldn’t believe how often Morash was on the air. 

Morash makes me change the station faster than when I hear the 1-877-Kars-4-Kids jingle.

• Haha 2

pat Kirwan is a good listen.. if you can get over the Keyshawn Johnson pick thing
Kirwin used to write the Jets column for the Bergen Record, was on the Jets staff, and became the biggest Belichik nutsucker of them all next to Peter King.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Dunnie said:

Kirwin used to write the Jets column for the Bergen Record, was on the Jets staff, and became the biggest Belichik nutsucker of them all next to Peter King.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

He was the director of player personnel, head of scouting.   And defacto GM

But I agree that the belly love and self promotion gets weary  and there's a reason he's not in the league

• Upvote 1

@JetsFlyer

No joke .. back in the day when Newspapers were a thing .. I used to look forward to reading his column nearly every day.  He did some good writing ... but he's gotten tired, pompous and crotchety in his old age.

• Upvote 1

On 2/27/2024 at 6:41 PM, TuscanyTile2 said:

I was in the car for a short ride just before.  I turned on the radio to WFAN and it was Evan Roberts and Shaun Morash.  I listened for like 10 seconds when it became apparent Evan was trying to be "a personality".  I quickly switched to ESPN Radio.  Those idiots were also talking about some nonsense not related to sports too.  I can't believe this is what passes for "sports radio" in NY.

I miss the days of "Mike and the Mad Dog".  What we have now on our two local sports-radio stations is just awful (really awful).  

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

22 hours ago, Dunnie said:

@JetsFlyer

No joke .. back in the day when Newspapers were a thing .. I used to look forward to reading his column nearly every day.  He did some good writing ... but he's gotten tired, pompous and crotchety in his old age.

Haven't we all?

23 hours ago, Rich Thornburgh said:

He knows nothing.  

Somehow Evan has gotten a lot worse.  Tiki can't get a word in, and Even loves the sound of his own voice and he's impossible to listen to for more than a couple of minutes!

• Upvote 2

21 hours ago, Cut Jet Penalty Makers said:

Much prefer Richard Neer to all of them.

irony right?

you have a guy who understands the fundamental concept of sports radio - have listeners call in and voice their opinion - whether it is deemed logical or far off the wall, some of these folks wait an hour or more just to speak.

Neer understands that and lets them have their speak and can engage in a conversation when warranted. He does not go for the hot take nor does he try and embarrass the caller - simply has a conversation.

Yet he is the weekend morning and holidays guy and cant get a steady show

• Upvote 2

4 hours ago, Trotter said:

irony right?

you have a guy who understands the fundamental concept of sports radio - have listeners call in and voice their opinion - whether it is deemed logical or far off the wall, some of these folks wait an hour or more just to speak.

Neer understands that and lets them have their speak and can engage in a conversation when warranted. He does not go for the hot take nor does he try and embarrass the caller - simply has a conversation.

I totally agree. I listen to Neer on Saturday mornings. Unfortunately he, like us, has become a dinosaur. The regular weekday shows are sophomoric and spend entirely too much time on non sports and juvenile humor.

• Upvote 2

On 2/28/2024 at 10:42 AM, Rich Thornburgh said:

Isn’t that a religious station now or is that 95.5?

92.3 is news now last I heard.

Its a shame KROCK cam back and then decided to have a 20 song playlist lmao idiots

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, JoeFan said:

I really liked him on WNEW-FM,  but find him too bland when talking sports.

i have talked to several people who have the same view and I get it  - but for me his delivery is actually soothing and relaxing.

Guess I am truly old and at get off my lawn

I guess we have to measure bland vs Morash and the knucklehead who calls himself lugey  

• Upvote 1

22 hours ago, Trotter said:

i have talked to several people who have the same view and I get it  - but for me his delivery is actually soothing and relaxing.

Guess I am truly old and at get off my lawn

I guess we have to measure bland vs Morash and the knucklehead who calls himself lugey  

I dated his sister years ago in college, he's a good guy off the air. I especially enjoy when he mixes a bit of rock history with sports talk. Makes for an interesting listen.

• Upvote 1

On 3/1/2024 at 12:57 PM, talonmm said:

Somehow Evan has gotten a lot worse.  Tiki can't get a word in, and Even loves the sound of his own voice and he's impossible to listen to for more than a couple of minutes!

You are so right.  Evan really has gotten full of himself he thinks he’s Francesa now

On 3/1/2024 at 8:12 AM, Trotter said:

irony right?

I like Neer a lot but don’t you think him being able to have longer conversations on his show has to do with there being less callers on a Saturday morning? Less callers to get to=each caller gets more time on the air though I’ve never called his show so I don’t know if it’s easy to get on. I’m admittedly guessing that he gets fewer callers. 

33 minutes ago, JustEndTheSuffering said:

I like Neer a lot but don’t you think him being able to have longer conversations on his show has to do with there being less callers on a Saturday morning? Less callers to get to=each caller gets more time on the air though I’ve never called his show so I don’t know if it’s easy to get on. I’m admittedly guessing that he gets fewer callers. 

Very fair point

On 3/3/2024 at 12:12 AM, JustEndTheSuffering said:

Oh my God I used to work weekends I remember being forced to listen to Neer drone on about the Mets on my commute on Saturday and Sunday mornings pre-internet and podcasts.  That was Chinese Water torture

• Haha 1

On 3/2/2024 at 2:43 PM, Rich Thornburgh said:

You are so right.  Evan really has gotten full of himself he thinks he’s Francesa now

You nailed it!  I didn't realize that Even is trying to be Mike Francessa until you mentioned it.  

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, talonmm said:

You nailed it!  I didn't realize that Even is trying to be Mike Francessa until you mentioned it.  

Part of it could be the program director telling him to portray a role.

Evan’s demeanor certainly changed with carton and now he kind of keeps that edge with tiki being the reasonable one

evan alone ir with joe is prob a different personna

i hated Frances’s a and would not listen to him but he used to do a Sunday morning nfl show which was excellent.

mike was a completely different person (actually likeable) on that show cs the afternoon

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Trotter said:

Evan’s demeanor certainly changed with carton and now he kind of keeps that edge with tiki being the reasonable one

i hated Frances’s a and would not listen to him but he used to do a Sunday morning nfl show which was excellent.

mike was a completely different person (actually likeable) on that show cs the afternoon

Evan doesn’t know s.  Francesa was a pompous ass but he knew sports and all sports not just baseball which is all Evan really cares about 

23 hours ago, Trotter said:

Francesa's NFL Now show is just one more example of how far sports radio in NY has fallen.  It was a great show.  I think the peak of that show was when Phil Simms would come on.  I have the feeling Mike and his inflated ego probably was the reason that Simms no longer was involved with that show.

Somehow, I really enjoy Anita Marks on Sunday mornings.  She's really good.  Her show was gold when she had Mike Westhoff on with her.  Come to think about it every show was gold when Mike was on it (think of the SNY Jet shows.

• Upvote 1

On 3/6/2024 at 9:06 AM, Trotter said:

He absolutely changed when he started with Carton but I think that was more Craig taking control of the show and then leaving an impression on Evan rather than the PD. We will see if that's the case soon when Spike Eskin goes back to Philly.

7 hours ago, Trotter said:

Always been a fan of Anita but the last couple of years she has really driven an anti jet view

bothers me a bit but honestly most of  it is deserved

I think most members of Jet Nation (including me) have an anti jet view.

• Upvote 1