Jets radio rights shifting from 98.7 to 104.3 FM

I was in the car for a short ride just before.  I turned on the radio to WFAN and it was Evan Roberts and Shaun Morash.  I listened for like 10 seconds when it became apparent Evan was trying to be "a personality".  I quickly switched to ESPN Radio.  Those idiots were also talking about some nonsense not related to sports too.  I can't believe this is what passes for "sports radio" in NY.

It’s just not what it used to be
Total Dogcrap on all the local stations

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app
  • Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 2

5 minutes ago, Jets0712 said:

It’s just not what it used to be
Total Dogcrap on all the local stations

It's funny because I know that but I still check in every once in a while (when I'm in the car for a short trip and I don't want to bother hooking up my phone).  But I'm still amazed at how bad it is.  Craig Carton is the poster boy for awful sports radio.  I hope his Fox show is a disaster. 

1 hour ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

I was in the car for a short ride just before.  I turned on the radio to WFAN and it was Evan Roberts and Shaun Morash.  I listened for like 10 seconds when it became apparent Evan was trying to be "a personality".  I quickly switched to ESPN Radio.  Those idiots were also talking about some nonsense not related to sports too.  I can't believe this is what passes for "sports radio" in NY.

It stinks, period. When FA starts in a week or so I switch over to the NFL Network on Sirius pretty much up to the draft. Why waste your time with these idiots?

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

35 minutes ago, Obrien2Toon said:

Here comes the everyone on the radio are idiots, but everyone who has a podcast is amazing comments 

Neither extreme is correct.  There are awful podcast personalities as there are awful radio hosts.  But the difference is there are far more podcast options which allows you to cherry pick the voices and content you want to listen to.   The sports radio landscape in this area is limited-and awful. 

• Sympathy 1

It's funny because I know that but I still check in every once in a while (when I'm in the car for a short trip and I don't want to bother hooking up my phone).  But I'm still amazed at how bad it is.  Craig Carton is the poster boy for awful sports radio.  I hope his Fox show is a disaster. 

Me too. I’m old school.
Amazes me how far it dropped off

• Upvote 1

15 hours ago, section314 said:

Does this mean no more Michael Kay show?🙏🙏

That show is absurdley bad.  LaGreca is knowledgable for sure, but how they continue to give Peter Rosenberg air time is beyond me.  Then again, the station is ultimately owned by Disney whose garbage material coincides with Rosenberg's schtick.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

57 minutes ago, greasyt said:

That show is absurdley bad.  LaGreca is knowledgable for sure, but how they continue to give Peter Rosenberg air time is beyond me.  Then again, the station is ultimately owned by Disney whose garbage material coincides with Rosenberg's schtick.

LaGreca wanted the Jets to trade Quinnen Williams after his 1st season. Knowledgable is not the adjective I would be using to describe him.

Also, ESPN radio is supposed to go t!ts up next winter.

• Upvote 1

53 minutes ago, greasyt said:

the shame is both shows could be good and deliver the content that sports fans tune in for but higher ups want to go for ratings with shock.

Kay is there for the name and the Yankees - really does not know zoo about other sports. Rosenberg, for trying to get a younger audience and the occoasional corntoversial hot take.

Lagreca is knowledable and would do a good job partnered with a retired sports figure - i will throw out carl banks as an example. 

On the WFAN side, Tiki actually does a good job. Sure they have him do some stupid schtick stuff as well but just stick to sports and give the insight from a players perspective and you will have an audience. The other two on that show should just leave.

So you can make it work, but the powers that be want the shock and awe. Times change - not always for the better 

• Upvote 1

41 minutes ago, Claymation said:

LaGreca wanted the Jets to trade Quinnen Williams after his 1st season. Knowledgable is not the adjective I would be using to describe him.

Also, ESPN radio is supposed to go t!ts up next winter.

LaGreca knows nothing about sports and Rosenberg thinks he’s hilarious because he knows who Hulk Hogan is

• Haha 1

Kay is fine.  His 2 cabana boys LaGreca and Rosenberg drag the show down.  He needs to replace those 2 with broadcasters who know and talk sports
Ok, so you like Kay. I can't stand him. But I never listen to sorts talk radio anymore so I only have to suffer that douche when I watch the Yankees.
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, BigRy56 said:

Good for the Jets for doing this by the way. ESPN NY is coming off the airwaves and there are generations of fans who aren't savvy with apps. Keep them accessible for all fans in the area

Why can't they find an AM station to carry them?

I tired picking up 104.3 here in CT (about 50 miles from NYC). Worse than trying 98.7. NY AM stations are crystal clear

On 2/27/2024 at 6:41 PM, TuscanyTile2 said:

Evan was great when he was with Benigno. Him and Carton weren’t a good fit and now I never listen to him not because of him but because I can’t stand Morash. I have no idea why he has such a big role on the show I thought it was supposed to be Evan and Tiki. 

• Post of the Week 1

1 minute ago, JustEndTheSuffering said:

Evan was great when he was with Benigno. Him and Carton weren’t a good fit and now I never listen to him not because of him but because I can’t stand Morash. I have no idea why he has such a big role on the show I thought it was supposed to be Evan and Tiki. 

Evan was always dog sh*t

• Thumb Down 1
  • Post of the Week 1

1 hour ago, JustEndTheSuffering said:

Evan fit very well with Benigno.  I think he's okay with Tiki (who is probably my favorite weekday guy at the station, and maybe the only good one).  My main issue with Evan now is that, after working with Carton, I feel like he's still trying to incorporate some of the "I'm not just a sports talk guy, I'm also a personality!"  act into his shows with Tiki.  Imo, it never suited him and always felt forced/fake.

As far as Morash, I have no idea who decided that idiot belonged on the air.  When I hear his voice I immediately change the station.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Evan fit very well with Benigno.  I think he's okay with Tiki (who is probably my favorite weekday guy at the station, and maybe the only good one).  My main issue with Evan now is that, after working with Carton, I feel like he's still trying to incorporate some of the "I'm not just a sports talk guy, I'm also a personality!"  act into his shows with Tiki.  Imo, it never suited him and always felt forced/fake.

As far as Morash, I have no idea who let that idiot is on the air.  When I hear his voice I immediately change the station.

I’ve been listening to Kay predominantly in the afternoon for around 5 years though I do agree Evan should just embrace being the huge sports guy and leave what Carton brought with him. I’m with you I have no idea who let Morash do what he does. Probably that guy Spike Eskin who’s bolting back to Philly, leaving the next PD to handle that mess lol.

If WFAN wanted to bring me back over to them for afternoon drive they killed it because the few times I have listened to that show I couldn’t believe how often Morash was on the air. 

• Upvote 1