Barring an unforeseen trade what two offensive moves would you prefer?

6 minutes ago, hawk said:

So 26 games out of 112? Those 26 games include 14 from an ACL.

I mean he gets hurt relatively often, and two of the injuries during his collegiate and pro careers were serious.  I'm not just making it up.

And for a player entering his age 30 season, it's a concern for sure.

1 hour ago, DoubleDown said:

image.thumb.png.6466896de302045e8741ef8974d7d4bb.png

https://www.sportskeeda.com/nfl/exploring-mike-williams-injury-history-do-interested-teams-cause-concern-chargers-release-veteran-wr

In total in his seven seasons, Williams has missed a combined 26 games due to various injuries, including strains of his back and shoulder, as well as numerous ankle sprains. This could make some of his potential landing spots hesitate before offering him a contract, as it also probably contributed to his release from the Chargers.

He missed 14 games last year. Prior to that, he missed 12 games over 6 seasons, or an average of 2 a year.

His rookie year he missed 6 (5) with that disc herniation and 1 with a knee bruise. In 2022 he missed 4 with that high ankle sprain. 

In other words, in 7 years he's had 3 meaningful injuries. That's not terrible. Not great, but not terrible. Other years, he basically plays every game

1 minute ago, DoubleDown said:

I mean he gets hurt relatively often, and two of the injuries during his collegiate and pro careers were serious.  I'm not just making it up.

I am not disputing that he has been Injured.  He has, as are many players each year.

He is a big bodied receiver who would be an ideal #2, and should come a median discount do to his most recent injury.

He is a not currently in a break the bank situation, and will probably sign a prove it deal.

I would love to see a small year one commitment, with a club option long term deal.

4 hours ago, Wit said:

I want Tyron Smith and Mike Williams. You can also argue Bahktiari and Boyd. In the first scenario Williams gets underpaid on a prove it deal and in the second Bahk gets paid like a backup.

Smith and Williams make this a very legit roster that could go far 

• Upvote 1

17 hours ago, DoubleDown said:

There’s people who follow Mike Williams cause of fantasy football and know how he always has injuries and there’s people who are just looking at his games played and think he’s always healthy. For instance, in 2022 Mike Williams played 13 games but left two games early then did not play in the playoff game. 

Even when he’s playing, he plays hurt cause he always has some nagging injury. Or he leaves the game early. Or leaves, comes back, and isn’t effective. Last year was his first truly great start and he got hurt. Every other year he’s hit or miss in every game. There’s a reason why he hasn’t signed yet, and why we are signing dudes who are always hurt.

We like to make arguments and sh*t and then when the season starts and the player gets hurt, we like to act all shocked. 

• Upvote 1