Barring an unforeseen trade what two offensive moves would you prefer?

Just now, Wit said:

I want Tyron Smith and Mike Williams. You can also argue Bahktiari and Boyd. In the first scenario Williams gets underpaid on a prove it deal and in the second Bahk gets paid like a backup.

I would like Smith and Williams but would settle for Bahkatari and Boyd. Either of those two moves gives us a ton of flexibility with a number 10 selection.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, slimjasi said:

Talking about FA?

Tyron Smith and Mike Williams/Tyler Boyd. 

backup plans:

Trent Brown and OBJ

Thats fair. Im just worried OBJ is yet another distraction for not that much left in the tank. Id rather have Corey Davis and draft a guy in the third. 

1 minute ago, LAD_Brooklyn said:

Re-sign Becton, LT (1 years)

Sign Josh Jones, LT (backup)

I wouldnt hate the Becton signing, but I think there is zero.zero that he wants to come back. 

5 minutes ago, Wit said:

Thats fair. Im just worried OBJ is yet another distraction for not that much left in the tank. Id rather have Corey Davis and draft a guy in the third. 

I go back and forth. I think OBJ would be motivated to play with Rodgers. (I like Davis, but get the impression he might be gone?)

Honestly, what I really want to do, assuming we can sign a good LT, is draft a WR at 10 or trade down and then take a WR

• Upvote 1

That we don't sign or trade for any WR in the league.

They are on the down side of their careers. In 2023

in a relatively weak receiver class, Zay Flowers, Tank Dell

and Jordan Addison were taken. '24 is an historically strong year

for wideouts. Grab two, starting with our first pick

• Upvote 1

Sign Donovan Smith and Andrus Peat.
Smith has his flaws, but you know for sure he’s a LT. He’s pretty durable and he’s good enough to win a Super Bowl with, cause he has 2 rings. Peat finished last year very strong. Both guys were cheap last year.

Draft Bryan Thomas Jr.

• Upvote 1

Apparently they like Warren so maybe they tolerate some injury risk with a tackle like bahktiari or smith.  They could even pivot back to becton but just put him next to AVT. As for receiver, it sounds like Boyd might be the guy they need at this point.

Mike Williams and any other move that still lands Mike Williams.

So, Mike Williams and anyone.

Any other player with Mike Williams.

Just a couple scenarios I'd like to see.

***Assuming Mike Williams is indeed healthy***

Prefer Tyron over every other move - I feel like I haven't seen consistent, competent tackle play on this team in forever.

I'd like Mike Williams, but the priority is Tyron as he gives us the most flexibility in my view for the draft - we can still take a tackle, but we can pivot to other positions depending on the board. 

Josh Jones is an emergency option. 

Under no circumstances do I want Boyd or Bahkti. 

14 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

1) Launch Hackett into the sun.

And this ^

8 minutes ago, Wit said:

I'd rather keep Lazard and trade Davis if any team was stupid enough

to forget how dreadful Douglas signing him was. Lazard's career was

on the upswing when Captain Conspirator was his pitcher

Agree with Williams, he’s an X, but Tyron Smith didn’t practice last year during the season 

here are his games started by year 

2019 13

2020 2 

2021 11

2022 4

2023 13

I don’t think teams are rushing to get him considering the draft class 

• Upvote 1

52 minutes ago, hawk said:

I don't really get the fascination with Mike Williams.

He's always hurt, and if we are being honest, he has underachieved in a WR friendly system with a top end QB.

I wouldn't hate the signing given the desperate state of the Jets WR corp, but I'm not clamoring for him either.

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, DoubleDown said:

He's always hurt, and if we are being honest, he has underachieved in a WR friendly system with a top end QB.

I wouldn't hate the signing given the desperate state of the Jets WR corp, but I'm not clamoring for him either.

Prior to the ACL last year, he played in 13 games the year before and at least 15 games in the 4 seasons before that.

He’s a true X receiver that would be an awesome compliment to Wilson and has proven that he can give you 1,000 yards and 10 TD’s.

Smith and Williams would be an awesome way to cap free agency and would give the Jets a lot of flexibility in the draft. 

• Upvote 1

54 minutes ago, RedBeardedSavage said:

Prefer Tyron over every other move - I feel like I haven't seen consistent, competent tackle play on this team in forever.

I'd like Mike Williams, but the priority is Tyron as he gives us the most flexibility in my view for the draft - we can still take a tackle, but we can pivot to other positions depending on the board. 

Josh Jones is an emergency option. 

Under no circumstances do I want Boyd or Bahkti. 

And this ^

Surprised I haven't seen his name mentioned more. Young and experienced OT

1 hour ago, hawk said:

I was all aboard the Mike Williams train, especially after reading an article about WRs recovering from ACLs, but today I saw someone mention that Michael Gallup (just released by the Cowboys) hasn't been the same after his ACL injury and that spooked me.

I think Williams has the highest ceiling of any FA WR still out there, but hopefully they're very thorough with his medicals if they're going to sign him.

• Upvote 1

28 minutes ago, DoubleDown said:

Explain what you mean by always hurt?  Other than a season ending injury like an ACL that can happen to anyone.

5 minutes ago, hawk said:

Explain what you mean by always hurt?  Other than a season ending injury like an ACL that can happen to anyone.

image.thumb.png.6466896de302045e8741ef8974d7d4bb.png

https://www.sportskeeda.com/nfl/exploring-mike-williams-injury-history-do-interested-teams-cause-concern-chargers-release-veteran-wr

In total in his seven seasons, Williams has missed a combined 26 games due to various injuries, including strains of his back and shoulder, as well as numerous ankle sprains. This could make some of his potential landing spots hesitate before offering him a contract, as it also probably contributed to his release from the Chargers.

23 minutes ago, DoubleDown said:

image.thumb.png.6466896de302045e8741ef8974d7d4bb.png

https://www.sportskeeda.com/nfl/exploring-mike-williams-injury-history-do-interested-teams-cause-concern-chargers-release-veteran-wr

In total in his seven seasons, Williams has missed a combined 26 games due to various injuries, including strains of his back and shoulder, as well as numerous ankle sprains. This could make some of his potential landing spots hesitate before offering him a contract, as it also probably contributed to his release from the Chargers.

So 26 games out of 112? Those 26 games include 14 from an ACL.