Brian Kelly: Jayden Daniels “going to make plays for Washington”

• JoeNamathsFurCoat changed the title to Brian Kelly: Jayden Daniels “going to make plays for Washington”
It would be a pretty big upset if they didn’t take him. He’s the clear favorite. 

the bigger mystery is which QB the Pats will take. (I personally doubt they trade out, but that’s also possible)
It's gotta be Maye... Would be shocking if it's McCarthy.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, Dunnie said:

It's gotta be Maye... Would be shocking if it's McCarthy.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

Wouldn't put it past the Pats to take MHJ. It's not a given that every team LOVES all 4 QBs... I wouldn't draft Maye. I wouldn't tie my franchise to his fate. Some feel the that way about J Daniels, while personally I would take that risk. 

It will get interesting if it goes:  Williams/Daniels/Harrison/Nabers... LAC could conceivably take Odunze.

At some point a trade up frenzy between NYG/MIN/DEN/LV will commence. 

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Paradis said:

Wouldn't put it past the Pats to take MHJ. It's not a given that every team LOVES all 4 QBs... I wouldn't draft Maye. I wouldn't tie my franchise to his fate. Some feel the that way about J Daniels, while personally I would take that risk. 

It will get interesting if it goes:  Williams/Daniels/Harrison/Nabers... LAC could conceivably take Odunze.

At some point a trade up frenzy between NYG/MIN/DEN/LV will commence. 

Kraft talked about getting a QB and I didn’t get the sense he was bluffing but maybe he was.

he’s the type of owner who definitely wants a star QB tho 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, slimjasi said:

Kraft talked about getting a QB and I didn’t get the sense he was bluffing but maybe he was.

Sure, but these guys say sh*t all the time. Who knows what motives lie behind that... I don't think it's a stretch to imagine that most teams don't love all 4 top QBs... if you thought Daniels was going to be there at 3, and now he's not... the response isn't "oh well, take Maye".. Instead, you start the working phones, and talking about Harrison.

I think Williams is likely the only name all QB-needy teams would have said yes to. 

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, slimjasi said:

It would be a pretty big upset if they didn’t take him. He’s the clear favorite. 

the bigger mystery is which QB the Pats will take. (I personally doubt they trade out, but that’s also possible)

I think they’re taking a haul from Minnesota. Vikings acquiring the extra #1 to only move up to 4 or 5 doesn’t quite jive.

• Upvote 2

6 hours ago, slimjasi said:

You mean he's they type of owner that gets the thing he owns? Must be nice

I don't think it's a slip. I think everyone believes Caleb is #1. He's just pushing his player into the next best spot. If you're a coach you're going to pump up your players. 

There's enough reason to believe it may be Daniel's over Maye though (Kingsbury offense, Mariota as the backup, shipping out Howell). 

3 hours ago, JetPotato said:

You mean he's they type of owner that gets the thing he owns? Must be nice

Woody also wants a star QB, he just hasn’t been able to successfully draft one or get one to stay on the field (pushed for Favre, for example)

1 hour ago, slimjasi said:

Woody also wants a star QB, he just hasn’t been able to successfully draft one or get one to stay on the field (pushed for Favre, for example)

Right. Wants one, isn't bright enough to know how to make it happen. Speaks to his trust fund upbringing, never have to earn anything thing. Just buy what you want. An intelligent person in his seat would learn to STFU and disappear into the shadows and just hire proven program builders with all that money. Hire the best people, get the best results. But no... he has a diamond chain he wants to show you guys.

Just now, JetPotato said:

Right. Wants one, isn't bright enough to know how to make it happen. Speaks to his trust fund upbringing, never have to earn anything thing. Just buy what you want. An intelligent person in his seat would learn to STFU and disappear into the shadows and just hire proven program builders with all that money. Hire the best people, get the best results. But no... he has a diamond chain he wants to show you guys.

Eh, landing a star QB is largely luck. 

woody has hired GMs and coaches who haven’t been able to successfully draft and develop a good QB. 

13 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

Eh, landing a star QB is largely luck. 

woody has hired GMs and coaches who haven’t been able to successfully draft and develop a good QB. 

No, good football people identify players, draft them, and work with them to execute successful offenses. Woody hired people who have never done that before, and whose primary background is defense, causing them to settle for 2nd and 3rd rate offensive staffs (because the top ones get coaching jobs...  sssshhhhhh). Then we wonder why we can't come up with a guy in the top 5 that's as good as even guys drafted in the 4th and 5th round. All the while having whiffed on chances like Mahomes, Hurts, Allens of the world

2 minutes ago, JetPotato said:

No, good football people identify players, draft them, and work with them to execute successful offenses. Woody hired people who have never done that before, and whose primary background is defense, causing them to settle for 2nd and 3rd rate offensive staffs (because the top ones get coaching jobs...  sssshhhhhh). Then we wonder why we can't come up with a guy in the top 5 that's as good as even guys drafted in the 4th and 5th round. All the while having whiffed on chances like Mahomes, Hurts, Allens of the world

Sure, but QB is still largely a crapshoot. Ozzie Newsome drafted Kyle Boller. 

6 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

Sure, but QB is still largely a crapshoot. Ozzie Newsome drafted Kyle Boller. 

And Lamar Jackson.

Boller, who he drafted at 19, had a longer career than any QB drafted by the Jets under Woodys watch, including two Top 5's.

Edit: I guess Geno Smith, but oooooo.

3 minutes ago, JetPotato said:

And Lamar Jackson.

Boller, who he drafted at 19, had a longer career than any QB drafted by the Jets under Woodys watch, including two Top 5's.

Edit: I guess Geno Smith, but oooooo.

yes one bust (Boller) and one stud (Jackson)

And this from an awesome football guy. Kinda my point. The QB position is a crapshoot. The NFL is terrible at reliably projecting college QBs to the pros. 

37 minutes ago, JetPotato said:

Woody hired people who have never done that before, and whose primary background is defense, causing them to settle for 2nd and 3rd rate offensive staffs (because the top ones get coaching jobs... 

LaFleur was good but scapegoated to deflect heat (didn’t work) from ZW

Had the right idea with hiring Knapp but never replaced him

Even now, after Calabrese left / fired, they have no actual QB coach 

Team President Elhai is a family friend trained in law who knows next to nothing about football

13 hours ago, Paradis said:

Sure, but these guys say sh*t all the time. Who knows what motives lie behind that... I don't think it's a stretch to imagine that most teams don't love all 4 top QBs... if you thought Daniels was going to be there at 3, and now he's not... the response isn't "oh well, take Maye".. Instead, you start the working phones, and talking about Harrison.

I think Williams is likely the only name all QB-needy teams would have said yes to. 

You would take Williams #1? The lack of ball security doesn’t bother you in the least?