Idzik 12 Finally Laid to Rest (RIP)

7 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Flacco and Lamar are on that list so I don’t give much of a f**k which mid rounders he took fliers on.  

So, again, I guess we need JD to hit on his next QB 1st rd pick.  

And how many QB's did he draft and miss on before he finally found one?  

1 hour ago, Mogglez said:

Laken Tomlinson was one of the best guards in football the year he hit FA.  

IMG_6625.thumb.jpeg.d4f408b552e68e8977f49b5ba61c44f5.jpeg

As far as Lazard is concerned, let’s not pretend we weren’t in need of a big/tall WR2, who could play the outside, and he wasn’t one of, if not, the best young players at the position available.  He also had familiarity with our soon-to-be QB and was signed to a market-level contract, relative to the other top WRs who were FAs:

IMG_6622.thumb.jpeg.34b5e48113da5d705d3073d47d532894.jpegIMG_6621.thumb.jpeg.060513fb56354fbb68d7e62b37d49a5b.jpegIMG_6620.thumb.jpeg.0fad780903d809ee8973c8d2e893615b.jpeg

good post. im blaming alot of this on Zach Wilson. 

how many defensive moves has JD messed up on? Lawson? how can he be so good at getting defensive players but not offensive players? its got to be the QB.

interesting quote from your post about how Tomlinson problems were because Jimmy G was hesitant to throw and how he would be better with a more decisive QB. thats Zach Wilson to a tee.

even Lazard. how does a 27 yr old player who had a good season last year and then fall off the map this year.?

OL and to a greater extant WR are heavily dependent on a good QB.

• Upvote 1

GM's missing on entire draft classes happens more than you realize.  Some of the greatest minds in football history have garbage draft classes.

I blame Madden for fans who don't understand this.

Douglas has missed on pretty much every free agency period (this year tbd) , missed on two drafts (one good, one tbd) and hasn’t sniffed the playoffs, you are usually on the hot seat. It’s easy for people to excuse every mistake (Zach was consensus 2, laken was good in SF (disregarding he was a bust in Detroit), mims, Moore, etc), but that doesn’t make Joe a good GM.

That’s not on people playing Madden. It doesn’t take 7 years to turn it around in the NFL.

He has the worst winning percentage in franchise history (more than a one year) outside of Al Ward and Rich Kotite. They need to make the playoffs this year or he should go.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app
  • Upvote 2

He wouldn't have had a fifth season is my point.

Sometimes you have to look at the big picture and figure out why the team sucks.

Do they suck because they haven't acquired talent, which is the job of the GM, or do they suck because a bunch of dudes who never got injured before they arrived suddenly started suffering catastrophic injuries?

Blame the GM for that if you like but I remember what it's like to have an Idzik or McCagnan drafting a bunch of dudes who can't play football versus drafting or trading for insanely talented players who have never been inured suddenly getting injured on a regular basis.

lol if you couldn’t see that Brown coming off a huge injury wouldn’t be ready and your other options was your fat bust of a LT who was didn’t play for two seasons, a guy who finished on IR due to blood clots and a guy whose nickname was Turnstiles that’s on you bro.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

I think Big Mac was the worse GM in Jets history.

Idzik had a rough draft but he at least had a plan. I still dont know what Big Mac was trying to do. He crippled the organization with his free agent signings. I mean, Douglas just cleaned up his last bad signing. 

• Upvote 1

On 4/1/2024 at 6:10 PM, GreenFish said:

I think Big Mac was the worse GM in Jets history.

Idzik had a rough draft but he at least had a plan. I still dont know what Big Mac was trying to do. He crippled the organization with his free agent signings. I mean, Douglas just cleaned up his last bad signing. 

Idzik was a numbers guy who had a plan.  

To execute his plan he needed good scouting.  The Jets have terrible scouts, and a lot of the same guys who scouted for Idzik scout for JD.  They compensate on defense because of the coaches-they can’t fix offense. 

Maybe getting rid of Hogan and Chad will be addition by subtraction.