Franklin-Myers traded to broncos for 2026 6th Rounder

JFM is a player bad teams without a QB overpay so they can stop the run and not get blown out. 

Teams that aspire to be better and who have an expensive QB contract can’t afford guys like JFM.  I am surprised he stuck around last year.   The penalties last year did not help.  

JFM was not taking too steep of a discount because there are always teams who will pay someone like him more than JD could afford/was willing to pay.  

So this trade was great, and this had to happen.  Clemons and other people have to step up.  

On 4/28/2024 at 12:18 PM, Larz said:

This includes the Zach trade and myers trade 

This allows them to sign the draft picks and have money for free agents during the season to backfill for injuries 

IMG_8922.jpeg

Those two trades account for essentially all of their current cap space. There was so much whining about Zach still being on the roster in April (oh, the humanity!), but patience got JD another $2.75M in precious cap room. 

When I hear the name JFM, I can only think of 2 things.  2022 game changing penalty against the Bengals, and a season changing penalty against the Pats.  Sting me twice, go to Denver with the other one there.