Franklin-Myers traded to broncos for 2026 6th Rounder

5 minutes ago, Jdeet said:

Don’t understand why it’s so hard to understand that we were going to cut the guy, and instead, gave him the opportunity to look for a team that wanted to sign him. The comp is irrelevant. 

He counted 16 million towards the cap. We got more cap savings by trading him, than if we straight out cut him. This was a good move. He is average with 4 guys that are better than him and he was not worth 16 million cap hit. Geez. 

I could stomach this response if this was shouted from the roof tops for the last two years.

It wasn't

Even this off season a lot of this forum and all of the jets commentators still thought JFM was awesome and underrated and at worst they should restructure his deal becasue he is slightly over paid.

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Douglas is constantly being back patted for fixing his own awful screw ups like a year or so later, it's bizarre.

It’s like this board is Bizzaro World.
Every time he scrambles to try and fix another of his screw ups, the optos here bow in his direction.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

Great guy, vastly overpaid. Of course, the same guys bitching about the 6th round pick, would’ve had zero issues with flat out cutting the guy to save money but because we got a 6th rounder, they have to bitch. 

These idiots will walk down the street, find a $20 bill, and complain it’s not a $100. 

And by that, I mean posters like @Vudu and @choon328.

• Sympathy 1
  • Haha 2

48 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

I could stomach this response if this was shouted from the roof tops for the last two years.

It wasn't

Even this off season a lot of this forum and all of the jets commentators still thought JFM was awesome and underrated and at worst they should restructure his deal becasue he is slightly over paid.

Nope. I said he would be cut. Many others said the same thing. I could refer to the threads, but don't feel like it. 

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, BurnleyJet said:

Not unless you think only think in terms of sacks, he’s so versatile, he can play DT/DE, he creates 50 QB pressures a season, good run stuffer, sets the edge. He will be a loss, he was over paid by 15/20%. The issue is JD’s miss management of the Cap.

Remind me of a single play (other than bone-headed penalty) he’s made for us?….a single moment when he came up big when we needed a stop?….he was an absolute jag, a back up. People throw out these terms like ‘good run stuffer’ or ‘sets the edge’ to justify what is otherwise a completely invisible presence.
Quinn Jefferson did more in a single season, for a fraction of the cost, than Myers had done in 5 or 6 years. JFM was nowhere to be seen when it mattered. He’s an easy upgrade and Clemons(who people rag on because he was a draft pick, is just as effective if not more so 

28 minutes ago, redlichtie said:

Remind me of a single play (other than bone-headed penalty) he’s made for us?….a single moment when he came up big when we needed a stop?….he was an absolute jag, a back up. People throw out these terms like ‘good run stuffer’ or ‘sets the edge’ to justify what is otherwise a completely invisible presence.
Quinn Jefferson did more in a single season, for a fraction of the cost, than Myers had done in 5 or 6 years. JFM was nowhere to be seen when it mattered. He’s an easy upgrade and Clemons(who people rag on because he was a draft pick, is just as effective if not more so 

No point, because you will just dismiss it anyway. Clemons was boarder line cuttable last year he bulked up to play the tweeter Tackle/End role and wasn’t effective. 

53 minutes ago, BurnleyJet said:

No point, because you will just dismiss it anyway. Clemons was boarder line cuttable last year he bulked up to play the tweeter Tackle/End role and wasn’t effective. 

Border line cuttable?….JFM has just been cut (in effect)…both are basically depth pieces, rotational guys, neither of whom should be starting or taking away valuable snaps from better players it’s just that one of them was earning 16M a year……at least Clemons has blocked a couple of kicks and made at least one impact play(for us, not the opposition)

17 minutes ago, redlichtie said:

Border line cuttable?….JFM has just been cut (in effect)…both are basically depth pieces, rotational guys, neither of whom should be starting or taking away valuable snaps from better players it’s just that one of them was earning 16M a year……at least Clemons has blocked a couple of kicks and made at least one impact play(for us, not the opposition)

Your basically arguing with yourself at this point, I don’t care he’s no longer a Jet. You’ve made you mind up on him that’s fine but it doesn’t mean your right.

1 hour ago, BurnleyJet said:

You’re basically arguing with yourself at this point, I don’t care he’s no longer a Jet. You’ve made you mind up on him that’s fine but it doesn’t mean you’re right.

So in other words “you’re right, I can’t reference a single impact play he’s made for us”

thought so, thank you

hope you liked our draft …let’s hope we have a few new guys who can make a positive impact on board after this weekend 

7 hours ago, Beerfish said:

Douglas is constantly being back patted for fixing his own awful screw ups like a year or so later, it's bizarre.

I wasn’t being entirely serious btw with the original post. I tend to agree the panicked prioritising of Franklin-Myers was bizarre at the time and has proven to be way overpaying for a jag….this is just correcting an expensive error, the fact it’s basically the value of a 17th round draft pick, well, you have to see the funny side 

48 minutes ago, redlichtie said:

So in other words “you’re right, I can’t reference a single impact play he’s made for us”

thought so, thank you

hope you liked our draft …let’s hope we have a few new guys who can make a positive impact on board after this weekend 

Dude your arguing with yourself. Go Jets.

12 hours ago, Green Ghost said:

People here actually think Douglas knows what he’s doing?

Our first two picks this year will replace two of his gems (Becton and Moore) we had to dump the overall #2 pick for peanuts, and now we’re eating $8 mil to dump this stupid contract.

I’m not even going to mention his W-L record.

@bicketybam @bonkertons  @Jet Nut  all downvote you when you bring up facts on JD.    No NFL team is wishing they had him.  He is not a good talent evaluator.   We have no LT solution at QB , most important position in all sports.  

• Post of the Week 1

This cap dump of JFM also signals that they feel McDonald is ready for an increased role as a DE. 

Clemons on paper would slide into Myers reps but he failed miserably last year.  Clemons, with dropped down weight,  should get early in this season to show out or he'll be eventually gone.

Kinlaw factors into this move as well for JFM's inside role.

2 hours ago, Jethead said:

Good guy. Good Jet. Wish him well but JD is steadily upgrading the roster. Much rather have Reddick.

Yes in 5  more years we will be there.  SMH.  JD is the king of developmental drafting.  Except at QB.  Where he sucks.  

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Jetkwondo said:

This cap dump of JFM also signals that they feel McDonald is ready for an increased role as a DE. 

Clemons on paper would slide into Myers reps but he failed miserably last year.  Clemons, with dropped down weight,  should get early in this season to show out or he'll be eventually gone.

Kinlaw factors into this move as well for JFM's inside role.

This D-line is so loaded losing JFM is not a big deal. They will be fine. Even without adding anybody in FA, without JFM they now have...

Reddick, Kinlaw, QW, JJ as the starting 4. McDonald as the 5 wide edge. Clemons and Thomas on rotation. And Fotu as the NT/Run stuffer.

And I mean, there IS going to be a depth guy that earns that 9th spot, either as a FA off the scrap heap or one of the depth guys on the team like Smart or Hector or Spencer. But I'm not really worried bout losing JFM. Obviously, as long as guys can stay healthy. I'm actually excited for the expanded role I expect Clemons and McDonald to have with JFM's absence opening up more snaps. 

• Upvote 2

12 hours ago, southparkcpa said:

@bicketybam @bonkertons  @Jet Nut  all downvote you when you bring up facts on JD.    No NFL team is wishing they had him.  He is not a good talent evaluator.   We have no LT solution at QB , most important position in all sports.  

And how are these “facts” proven?  By relying on your opinion?  He wouldn’t get hired?  Proof?  This is the first year he’s going into a season without a possible LT solution at QB?  You need one today if Rodgers plans on playing 2-3 years?  We all have opinions, you just listed yours.  Problem is you believe your opinions are facts.  

You’re really whining about downvotes?

Best part of this whiney post?  I went back looking through this thread and none of us downvoted any of your posts. Not me, no one.  

8 hours ago, southparkcpa said:

I’ve never downvoted anyone on here. What are you crying about again? That we didn’t take JJ McCarthy?  

Just weird timing to go on a “fire JD” tangent after what appears to be a pretty successful draft and offseason. Open a window. Get some air. It’ll be ok. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, bonkertons said:

I’ve never downvoted anyone on here. What are you crying about again? That we didn’t take JJ McCarthy?  

Just weird timing to go on a “fire JD” tangent after what appears to be a pretty successful draft and offseason. Open a window. Get some air. It’ll be ok. 

Woody hired JD and he came in with a LT plan, ensuring that Woody need back off. He has a worse record than Mac, 2 large 2st round busts, no back up QB last year.  Had we had a good back up, we win 9 games not 7 and maybe playoffs.  Not a fan of JD or Saleh.

20 hours ago, Green Ghost said:

Who gave this guy such a stupid contract? I can’t remember. 🤷‍♂️

Zach Wilson did it. He's the scapegoat now.

You keep the great one's name out ya damn mouth (until the end of the season and they disappoint again and he's fired then everyone can pile on how they knew he was a bum before Adam Gase even hired him)

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, bonkertons said:

No one downvoted him. What a waste of time.  

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, southparkcpa said:

Woody hired JD and he came in with a LT plan, ensuring that Woody need back off. He has a worse record than Mac, 2 large 2st round busts, no back up QB last year.  Had we had a good back up, we win 9 games not 7 and maybe playoffs.  Not a fan of JD or Saleh.

If we had a good backup and we get knocked out in the 1st round, you'd be a JD fan?

Two 1st round busts in 5 years, get out of town.  As we all know, great GMs never miss on top picks(don't check John Lynch's resume *cough*Solomon Thomas, Trey Lance*cough*). 

I'm curious, do you actually believe Mac was a better GM than JD?  Please tell me you don't.

On 4/27/2024 at 5:11 PM, extmenace said:

There are always going to be those kind of guys available. The rotational approach this team deploys seems to give these fringe guys a much better chance at being productive. It has a lot more to do with the system than anything else. If the system is in place, finding the guys shouldn’t be an issue.

Signing the Miami kid as a udfa also made me feel a lot better about this. It's almost like we got him as a pick. This team does well with defensive UDFA