Steelers Decline Najee Harris & Justin Fields 5th Year Option

57 minutes ago, 32EBoozer said:

Tyrod on backside of career while Justin is young and can sit behind Rodgers.

Justin hasn’t proven he can do anything but run on the NFL level.  At this point all he’s proven is he isn’t a NFL passer.  

Tyrod has taken a team to the playoffs and was a huge improvement over D Jones last year with the Giants.  

On 5/3/2024 at 9:31 AM, derp said:

That poster is a Raiders fan who's probably got a bit of an agenda after his team didn't re-sign Josh Jacobs.

I very much think the Jets should pay Hall as long as he's able to stay healthy. If they won't, someone else will. Great player.

Losing Jacob and thinking having so many te's is good is pretty raider thing to do.

On 5/3/2024 at 10:01 AM, GreenFish said:

I’ve been told Brock Bowers is stronger than a WR, faster than a TE, more dynamic than a RB, a better blocker than a FB and smarter than a QB. Forget Megatron, Bowers is Voltron

Voltron GIF

That what they told us. I still.scratch my balls wondering how on God green earth people believe this kid is worth a first round pick let alone going to become a top TE and corner stone of any offense

400 for 4 maybe if he were on a good team with Rodgers ... On the raiders with no QB id say he lucky to get 1 TD all year.

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

Justin hasn’t proven he can do anything but run on the NFL level.  At this point all he’s proven is he isn’t a NFL passer.  

Tyrod has taken a team to the playoffs and was a huge improvement over D Jones last year with the Giants.  

But Fields can return kicks!

• Haha 2

On 5/3/2024 at 1:26 PM, derp said:

Devonta Smith got $25M. He's the most recent contract around that level and a #2 receiver. Pittman $23.3M and I don't think he's been as good as GW. The receiver market is bananas.

shocking!    ty

On 5/4/2024 at 5:01 PM, Jet Nut said:

Tyrod Taylor is a Faberge egg. He’s not a “huge” improvement over anyone who’s played the position more than two years in this league. (that includes the guy we just traded to Denver btw and he’s as bad as anyone I’ve seen play the position)

He’ll give you one or two meh games then break down, rinse, repeat. I’d take Justin Fields in a nanosecond over him.

• Haha 3

52 minutes ago, Green Ghost said:

Tyrod Taylor is a Faberge egg. He’s not a “huge” improvement over anyone who’s played the position more than two years in this league. (that includes the guy we just traded to Denver btw and he’s as bad as anyone I’ve seen play the position)

He’ll give you one or two meh games then break down, rinse, repeat. I’d take Justin Fields in a nanosecond over him.

Really, he sure as shlt was last year.  
He was the best QB the Giants have had since Simms.  He outplayed Jones vs the Fish when he came in, he took that shltty Giants roster to within a simple run into the EZ to beat a far superior Bills team by 5.  115 QB rating the next game.  Then he ran into his kryptonite, the NY Jets getting injured his second straight time vs the Jets.  
Of course you take Fields over Tyrod, you also would take some guy who’s known as Cutlets and for his agent, not for his play.

LOL, enjoy.😊 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Jet Nut said:

Really, he sure as shlt was last year.  
He was the best QB the Giants have had since Simms.  He outplayed Jones vs the Fish when he came in, he took that shltty Giants roster to within a simple run into the EZ to beat a far superior Bills team by 5.  115 QB rating the next game.  Then he ran into his kryptonite, the NY Jets getting injured his second straight time vs the Jets.  
Of course you take Fields over Tyrod, you also would take some guy who’s known as Cutlets and for his agent, not for his play.

LOL, enjoy.😊 

The best QB since Simms? That might be the stupidest thing you’ve ever typed. 
You forgot the guy from Mississippi and I guess you’ve also forgotten the playoff game in Minnesota (yes, playoff game, remember those?) Daniel Jones had in ‘22.He tried to play last year with a badly injured neck ( but you know that). When was the last time a Jets QB had a game like that in that situation Jones did against the Vikings?

Eli Manning and his two rings say hello btw, and wait, what’s that? He also says you’re welcome for big brother taking care of those big bad Pats for you and the ilk.

You’ve rooted for the Jets as long as I have, you should know better than to rag on the Giants… I went easy on you. A real Giants fan would have shredded you.

Once they won those chips against the Pats, they won. the argument game,  set, match against us.

On 5/3/2024 at 11:59 AM, BornJetsFan1983 said:

Breece hall is going to get a big second contract. That is obvious to anyone.

You pay extraordinary talent at RB, that is what Breece hall is. THe line he had this year will let him highlight it very well. After this year the poster saying dont pay him will be begging to keep him, it is all so predictable. 

from what you have seen of JD all these years you really believe that? there is a reason he has drafted a RB every year he has been here. 

i would guess JD doesnt believe in giving any RB a big contract. he has been trying to find Halls replacement for years.

52 minutes ago, Green Ghost said:

You forgot the guy from Mississippi and I guess you’ve also forgotten the playoff game in Minnesota (yes, playoff game, remember those?) Daniel Jones had in ‘22.He tried to play last year with a badly injured neck ( but you know that). When was the last time a Jets QB had a game like that in that situation Jones did against the Vikings?

Eli Manning and his two rings say hello btw, and wait, what’s that? He also says you’re welcome for big brother taking care of those big bad Pats for you and the ilk.

You’ve rooted for the Jets as long as I have, you should know better than to rag on the Giants… I went easy on you. A real Giants fan would have shredded you.

Once they won those chips against the Pats, they won. the argument game,  set, match against us.

Keep gargling those big blue balls.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Green Ghost said:

😂 the exact childish response I expected to that post…. The truth hurts, doesn’t it?

Is it as bad as a Giants fan pretending to be a Jets fan?

41 minutes ago, bicketybam said:

Is it as bad as a Giants fan pretending to be a Jets fan?

You take this sh*t too seriously man. 😉
When somebody breaks your chops, lean into it and play along. Never let them see you sweat.

• Haha 1

On 5/2/2024 at 7:27 PM, BornJetsFan1983 said:

wow, I am still surprized that fields got released and not not extended. 

I mean was he really the problem there? I thought he was supposed to have turned a corner. Thought he was playing better?

I saw some headline on ESPN about the Steelers talking about making him a kick returner.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, Green Ghost said:

Aw, don’t be modest. We all know you’re a real Giant fan. 🙃

• Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, doitny said:

from what you have seen of JD all these years you really believe that? there is a reason he has drafted a RB every year he has been here. 

i would guess JD doesnt believe in giving any RB a big contract. he has been trying to find Halls replacement for years.

It’s going to be interesting to see. My guess would be that his plan when drafting Breece was probably to run him into the ground for four or five years and let him walk, but now that he’s had him for a full, very impressive season, he may be rethinking that. Sometimes I think all I talk about here is value and cap and whatnot, but -right now- I’d be of a mind to give Breece top of market RB money for a three or four year extension. He’d only be 28 at the end of another four year deal. For a guy who’s a threat to score from wherever he touches the ball on any given down, I pay that. I think that’s worth it. 

Last year, with Abanikanda, you could say he was looking for a Breece replacement. Similar size and athletic profile. This year he went strictly for power backs that more compliment Breece than replace him. Eventually I’d like to see Allen at FB on the field along with Breece. 

• Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, slats said:

It’s going to be interesting to see. My guess would be that his plan when drafting Breece was probably to run him into the ground for four or five years and let him walk, but now that he’s had him for a full, very impressive season, he may be rethinking that. Sometimes I think all I talk about here is value and cap and whatnot, but -right now- I’d be of a mind to give Breece top of market RB money for a three or four year extension. He’d only be 28 at the end of another four year deal. For a guy who’s a threat to score from wherever he touches the ball on any given down, I pay that. I think that’s worth it. 

Last year, with Abanikanda, you could say he was looking for a Breece replacement. Similar size and athletic profile. This year he went strictly for power backs that more compliment Breece than replace him. Eventually I’d like to see Allen at FB on the field along with Breece. 

Yep. He's getting franchise tagged after year 4 and the Jets will offer him a market-matching (not resetting) deal. If he takes it, great. If not, they'll tag him a second time and let him walk in year 7. They're not currently looking for his replacement, because they've got 4 more years of team control; if they were looking to replace him they wouldn't be drafting guys in the 5th and 6th, they'd be hitting it earlier (see Carter,, Michael, back when they were looking for a back pre-Breece)

4 minutes ago, Doggin94it said:

Yep. He's getting franchise tagged after year 4 and the Jets will offer him a market-matching (not resetting) deal. If he takes it, great. If not, they'll tag him a second time and let him walk in year 7. They're not currently looking for his replacement, because they've got 4 more years of team control; if they were looking to replace him they wouldn't be drafting guys in the 5th and 6th, they'd be hitting it earlier (see Carter,, Michael, back when they were looking for a back pre-Breece)

That’s in line with what Douglas has done, i.e.; wait too long before getting an extension completed. The smart move, imho, would be to give him his four year extension next year when he’s first eligible. Make his contract based on 2025 RB numbers rather than the franchise tag numbers in ‘26 and ‘27. Lock him up for four more years, as it were, rather than get into all the cantankerous crap we saw the Giants go thru with Saquon before letting him shuffle down to a division rival. I’d be happy to make Breece happy provided he puts up the kind of season I think he’s capable of this year. 

2 minutes ago, slats said:

That’s in line with what Douglas has done, i.e.; wait too long before getting an extension completed. The smart move, imho, would be to give him his four year extension next year when he’s first eligible. Make his contract based on 2025 RB numbers rather than the franchise tag numbers in ‘26 and ‘27. Lock him up for four more years, as it were, rather than get into all the cantankerous crap we saw the Giants go thru with Saquon before letting him shuffle down to a division rival. I’d be happy to make Breece happy provided he puts up the kind of season I think he’s capable of this year. 

Yeah, I'd like to see that as well and it's possible they'll make the offer. But Breece would have to take it, which the top backs tend not to do

4 minutes ago, Doggin94it said:

Yeah, I'd like to see that as well and it's possible they'll make the offer. But Breece would have to take it, which the top backs tend not to do

I think it would be tough to turn down top of market money + another four years of security for the chance at bigger money as a potential free agent (that would almost certainly result in the franchise tag). The flip side is no long term security and the possibility of another season ending injury. 

12 hours ago, Green Ghost said:

The fact that I was totally joking went flying over your head.  

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, Green Ghost said:

fields is trash 

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, slats said:

It's going to be really interesting to see what JD does with Breece.  If things continue on their current trajectory he's going to want to be the highest paid RB in the league at the time he signs the deal (and he'll have earned it).  RBs are devalued in today's NFL but I can't imagine our offense without him.  Rumor has it that he's even surprisingly good in the passing game.

10 hours ago, slats said:

not impressive enough. 

injured the 1st year and a 1,000 yd season the next. hes got 2 years to do better than 1k yds. 

look at Henry, Barkley, McCaffrey..... they at least had a 1300 yd season or ore before they got to that 4/5 year.

if he wants to get paid like a big time RB than he needs a big time RB year. and 1K yards aint it. 

• Upvote 1

46 minutes ago, doitny said:

not impressive enough. 

injured the 1st year and a 1,000 yd season the next. hes got 2 years to do better than 1k yds. 

look at Henry, Barkley, McCaffrey..... they at least had a 1300 yd season or ore before they got to that 4/5 year.

if he wants to get paid like a big time RB than he needs a big time RB year. and 1K yards aint it. 

I think I’ve said in other posts on the subject, “if he has the year I believe he’s capable of.” I won’t put an arbitrary rushing number on it, as he does a lot for the team as receiver, too. But if he continues to look like one of the top five RBs in the league (I believe he was second in yards from scrimmage last year), then I’m paying him. This isn’t your run of the mill RB who you can replace in the third round next year. This is a TD threat, via run or pass, from anywhere on the field. That’s who you pay top market RB money to. And he’ll still be young! 

16 hours ago, doitny said:

not impressive enough. 

I unfortunately had Harris in fantasy last season so I watched a lot of him.  Not explosive, not fast.  To be fair Pickett is hot garbage so he was always going up against 8 in the box but still.  He’s a glorified Bilal Powell except I actually think Powell was better 

• Upvote 1