OTAs 2024, Days 1-3

On 5/23/2024 at 12:37 AM, T0mShane said:

🫢
Corley had three 100 yard games last year: against Troy, Sam Houston State, and Louisiana Tech. Here are the game logs of “not much of a factor” Odunze from last year, when he put up 1,600 yards and 13 TDs:

IMG_5235.jpeg

There is no doubt that Odunze looks like a nice player, but I am always skeptical of yards put up by players in PAC offenses. 

• Upvote 2

9 hours ago, Scott Dierking said:

There is no doubt that Odunze looks like a nice player, but I am always skeptical of yards put up by players in PAC offenses. 

Hear what you’re saying, but it’s kind of anecdotal at this point. Of the top ten leaders in receptions last year, four were PAC-10 guys (Pittman, Amon-Ra, Aiyuk, Keenan Allen), two were from Maryland (Diggs, DJ Moore), one was BYU (Puka),  two from Mississippi State (AJ Brown, Evan Engram) and wherever the hell Tyreek Hill came out of. 

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

On 5/22/2024 at 8:01 PM, Alka said:

Now that the Jets have Fashanu, I just don't see the Jets extending Smith  after this year.  Moses might have another 2 years after this one, but let's see how he holds up.  I would love Tyron Smith to stay healthy and prove me wrong.  One thing I will say: When Tryon is on the field, he is elite.  He is never just okay, or average.  When he is on the field, he is a dominant player.  Imagine Smith playing another 2 years and Fashanu at right tackle.  That would be a wow situation.  We can only dream!

Or how about Tyron Smith @ RT with Fashanu playing LT in 2025? Cowboys played him at RT as a rookie and in the 2022 season. But as you mentioned, would be great for Smith to enjoy himself and stick with us longer then one season. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

2 minutes ago, LAD_Brooklyn said:

Or how about Tyron Smith @ RT with Fashanu playing LT in 2025? Cowboys played him at RT as a rookie and in the 2022 season. But as you mentioned, would be great for Smith to enjoy himself and stick with us longer then one season. 

I wash't aware that Tyron played right tackle at any point in time.  I'm so used to Becton "I am a left tackle", or the fact that Duane Brown is incapable of playing anything other than left tackle, or the fact that Tomlinson must play left guard, that I just assumed that Tyron was a diva as well.  I'm glad to find out otherwise.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Alka said:

I wash't aware that Tyron played right tackle at any point in time.  I'm so used to Becton "I am a left tackle", or the fact that Duane Brown is incapable of playing anything other than left tackle, or the fact that Tomlinson must play left guard, that I just assumed that Tyron was a diva as well.  I'm glad to find out otherwise.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

The Jets didn't have the opportunity to draft Odunze. They obviously liked him and even tried to move up to get him, but nobody budged. So... why are we arguing about a good prospect the Jets didn't have the opportunity to draft? Going WR at 10 once Odunze was gone would have been dumb, barring a trade BACK... and at that spot in the draft, Corley was their top-rated guy (and a good "value" in the third).

Is Odunze better than Corley? Probably... he was in College. But Fashanu and Corley is better than an overdrafted WR and a third round OT... 

Right?

The poster I responded to was suggesting that Odunze/third round OT was a worse deal than Olu/Corley, and that drafting Odunze at all would be poor roster building. 

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, LAD_Brooklyn said:

If Smith stays healthy for 13 games like he did last year, most likely several of his incentives will kick in and he'll make a lot more than $6 million.  I don't think the Jets can afford to retain him next year.

36 minutes ago, JKlecko said:

If Smith stays healthy for 13 games like he did last year, most likely several of his incentives will kick in and he'll make a lot more than $6 million.  I don't think the Jets can afford to retain him next year.

Does he have a contract for next year?

On 5/22/2024 at 7:03 AM, Augustiniak said:

I’m still surprised that odunze was plan A.  The draft was so deep in wrs and you’d have to believe he’s a superstar to want him and then maybe address tackle on day 2, as opposed to the combo they got.  I like the fashanu/wr combo better than any alternative.  Whether it’s douglas (seems likely at this point) or another gm, having the LT assuming smith isn’t there next year makes it much easier to hit the offseason.  

No one knows that Odunze was Plan A.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

On 5/21/2024 at 3:18 PM, Mogglez said:

Nah.  They were gonna draft Odunze if he dropped and I still think they would have taken Malachi.

Are the Jets still interested in upgrading the WR corps before the season starts ( trade for a veteran) ?