ZACH WILSON isn’t on the Jets anymore discussion (merged)

1 hour ago, T0mShane said:

You’ve got two issues there. One the one hand, you have an OL that isn’t good. On the other hand, you have a QB that’s holding the ball so long that he’s in tier populated by guys like Justin Fields and Lamar, whose time to throw numbers are exacerbated by their many rushing attempts. In the last three games of the year, after Zach’s “concussion,” Siemian was sacked zero times vs the Commanders, twice against the freaky Browns pass rush, and once against the Pats. Zach’s sack rate was over 10%. 

Siemian is a "surrender QB" though.  He doesn't even try to make plays.  I think he had some stat about average yards thrown downfield in those games and it was mostly all 5 yards or less (something like that).

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Siemian is a "surrender QB" though.  He doesn't even try to make plays.  I think he had some stat about average yards thrown downfield in those games and it was mostly all 5 yards or less (something like that).

You can’t pick enough holes in 5 guys to say the data is unsubstantiated, dude.  

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Rangers9 said:

Look Denver watched the film on Zach saw his performance in his last start vs Houston and felt it was worth 2.5 million to make a deal. And you know they don't feel highly about Jets current OC. They still drafted Nix. It's not even training camp yet no exhibition games so to make an uneducated call on who makes the team at this stage is dumb. 

As Shane pointed out this is supposed to be Zach’s time to shine and yet here he is behind Stidham and a mush rookie on the depth chart.  He always looks good in May/June and yet he’s not even doing that.

This is what happens when a dogsh*t QB without the requisite gumption to battle in camp actually has to play for a job rather than get handed one like the Jets did for him for 3 years.  In any honest competition he’s a QB3 or QB4 on every NFL depth chart.

• Upvote 3

2 minutes ago, Rangers9 said:

Look Tom is a provocateur his goal is to make us look like the dufuses we are. So I wouldn't quote him. Even though I have no doubt he hates Zach a lot. 

Hey! 😂The Broncos traded for Zach because they had no QB and no money to get a QB so what a team like that does is take flyers on cheap potential at the position and hope Payton can squeeze something out of them before they find their real QB. Reports are that Nix is meeting expectations for a rookie and he’ll be the guy moving forward. Stidham was and is a prospect that QB coaches love because he has all the tools and is a grinder. Payton is notoriously vicious to his QBs in the film room and it’s unlikely Zach will survive that kind of coaching. 

• Upvote 3

6 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Hey! 😂The Broncos traded for Zach because they had no QB and no money to get a QB so what a team like that does is take flyers on cheap potential at the position and hope Payton can squeeze something out of them before they find their real QB. Reports are that Nix is meeting expectations for a rookie and he’ll be the guy moving forward. Stidham was and is a prospect that QB coaches love because he has all the tools and is a grinder. Payton is notoriously vicious to his QBs in the film room and it’s unlikely Zach will survive that kind of coaching. 

Well we don't know a few practices doesn't mean so much. The question for Denver is why did they get rid of Russell Wilson have to pay off his salary basically support his lavish lifestyle. And give a free pass to the Steelers. That to me is crazy. 

That’s what happens when you hold the ball forever, don’t pose a rushing threat, and your linemen have no idea where you’re going to set up on any given play. 
Or ... The more likely scenario... that your OL line is bottom tier .. probably not even that.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

• Upvote 1

20 hours ago, Rangers9 said:

Look Denver watched the film on Zach saw his performance in his last start vs Houston and felt it was worth 2.5 million to make a deal. And you know they don't feel highly about Jets current OC. They still drafted Nix. It's not even training camp yet no exhibition games so to make an uneducated call on who makes the team at this stage is dumb. 

Reports out of dev is that he has fallen behind others and is in third place,,,

• Upvote 1

31 minutes ago, Jetluv58 said:

I guess what I don’t get is why some want and need Zach to fail. He’s not even a Jet any more. 

And I guess what I don’t get is not understanding the difference between rooting for someone to fail and correctly predicting he would fail miserably.  There IS a difference there.

And, similarly, I also don’t get why folks want to see him succeed elsewhere.  That makes a lot less sense than hoping he fails on a fellow AFC team, no?

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

And I guess what I don’t get is not understanding the difference between rooting for someone to fail and correctly predicting he would fail miserably.  There IS a difference there.

And, similarly, I also don’t get why folks want to see him succeed elsewhere.  That makes a lot less sense than hoping he fails on a fellow AFC team, no?

"Correctly predicting" something you don't know the outcome of. 

I’d root for Zach Wilson to suddenly turn it on and become The One Neo-style for an incredible breakout performance Super Bowl victory in 2025, but I hate the stupid ass Denver Broncos more than any other fan base in the league. 

Bunch of super jealous, super salty “Me too” fans. They’re  most known for getting absolutely humiliated in Super Bowls, so even if Wilson makes a deal with the devil, his absolute ceiling is losing to the Niners by 53 points in the big game.

In the best timeline, Terrell Davis plays baseball or something. 

1 hour ago, Rangers9 said:

"Correctly predicting" something you don't know the outcome of. 

I’m talking about predicting he’d be a failure in the NFL based on the evidence pre-draft and early in his career with the Jets.

But yeah, he’s gonna fail in Denver and at every subsequent stop.  Bank on it.  Out of the league entirely by the age of 28 or even 27.

I dunno why you guys are surprised by this stuff any more.  Only 10 or so guys on the planet can play the position at a high level at any given time.  The odds are always low of someone making it in this league at QB.  Meaning there aren’t a bunch of secretly good guys out there who just need the “right opportunity/development/weppinz”.   

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Rich Thornburgh said:

Zach Wilson, the forgotten man:

According to 9NEWS' Mike Klis, Stidham was the best Broncos quarterback this offseason, and others in the media have agreed. That would make some sense, considering he's in Year 2 of the Payton system.

Meanwhile, Nix has received nothing but praise from Payton, the coaches, his teammates, and media observers. Wilson, outside of his obvious arm talent, hasn't garnered much shine at all since arriving in Denver.

But at least he has that all-important "arm talent"!  😅😅🤣

• Haha 2

https://vsin.com/nfl/michael-lombardi-the-jets-need-a-new-flight-plan/

"For the past 11 weeks, Jets head coach Robert Saleh would have made Lt. Daniel Kaffee proud defending his quarterback Zach Wilson with the same vigor, passion, and belief as Kaffee defended the two marines in the courtroom scene of A Few Good Men. Jet fans couldn’t handle Saleh’s awkward defense, finding the real truth in what they were watching each week."

This is what I was talking about with @TuscanyTile2 Saleh defended Wilson at every turn. I don't see where he threw him under the bus.

50 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

C’mon man he only turns 25 in August give him more time for that good development 

Maybe they can give John Beck $20k a week (plus expenses) to come join the coaching staff specifically to work on Zach’s footworklololololololololollol

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, Jetsfan80 said:

C’mon man he only turns 25 in August give him more time for that good development 

10 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Maybe they can give John Beck $20k a week (plus expenses) to come join the coaching staff specifically to work on Zach’s footworklololololololololollol

You too remind me of these two guys…”Zach Sucks….”

52222273-E28A-4693-83D4-ED0CCC0F5828.gif

• Haha 3

19 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

What if I told you the Jets drafted Zach second overall, gave him 30 million guaranteed and also hired his family friend to join the staff, get a knee surgery not recommended by the team, have the locker room openly campaign for his backup, and also leave the team because he didn’t want to play anymore and not one beat reporter followed up on any of it. 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

What if I told you the Jets drafted Zach second overall, gave him 30 million guaranteed and also hired his family friend to join the staff, get a knee surgery not recommended by the team, have the locker room openly campaign for his backup, and also leave the team because he didn’t want to play anymore and not one beat reporter followed up on any of it. 

Sort of makes you question all the media is out to get us stuff I hear all the time, doesn't it?   

FWIW, they traded for him, he wasn't signed as a FA and he is only about 6 months older than Nix. 

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

No one in the NY sports media is going to feed your obsession with the Zach Wilson Conspiracy Theory Matt.  

One, that's not a beat reporters job, certainly not after the player in question is long gone, and two, there isn't a whiff of supportable fact to it, just the usual speculation and faux "connections" mixed with conjecture and fantasy most conspiracy theories are based on.

You can take down your "evidence board" in your basement, he's a Bronco now.  Let them worry about the shadowy conspiracy now.

johnson.image_.1_1.jpeg

• Upvote 3

15 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

JetBlue has deeeep pockets 💰 

20 minutes ago, Warfish said:

No one in the NY sports media is going to feed your obsession with the Zach Wilson Conspiracy Theory Matt.  

One, that's not a beat reporters job, certainly not after the player in question is long gone, and two, there isn't a whiff of supportable fact to it, just the usual speculation and faux "connections" mixed with conjecture and fantasy most conspiracy theories are based on.

You can take down your "evidence board" in your basement, he's a Bronco now.  Let them worry about the shadowy conspiracy now.

johnson.image_.1_1.jpeg

You’re not saying anything here. 

• Upvote 1

40 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

And risk losing access to Eric Allen’s group texts? You know how hard it’d be to cultivate actual sources while also staying ahead of the Marvel Comics Extended Universe? 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

I mean, doing an autopsy on the extreme bust that just cost the franchise and its fans three years of their football lives is absolutely something a beat writer should be into, especially when those beat writers carried the org’s water on the topic for three years. Every so often, Cimini will make an allusion to the battles that were going on behind the scenes with Wilson, but none of them dare to type it up. We got the Rosenblatt piece, but that was clearly most Russini throwing him a few bones and letting him have a byline. 

It’s exactly a beat writers job to figure out why the Jets remained enamored with Wilson when it was clear he sucked. The fake concussion no one dared  to question once he was in “protocol.”

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 2