ZACH WILSON isn’t on the Jets anymore discussion (merged)

On 8/12/2024 at 1:52 PM, varjet said:
  • Why would Zach play on the Denver PS?  Because he is getting paid anyway, he may think he is getting good coaching and development, and he probably likes Denver/it is close to home.   And it is not unlikely he sees the field in 2024 anyway.
  • Why would Denver keep Zach?   They owe him the $2.5mm, but they can try waiving him to save the money if someone else picks him up.  But given Zach's "arm talent" it is actually possible you can bring him in a game in relief and he could win it with the surprise factor.  He did win some games for the Jets.  Back up could be his very viable future.  
  • Should JD get fired for picking Zach?  He has been able to build one of the NFL's best rosters regardless.   He has done that because he was able to sign AR8, Tryon Smith and Mike Williams for 1/3 of their true market value, allowing them to sign other players.  JD, although a mixed drafter, appears to be improving and is good at finding players on the scrap heap (I have a theory for that I can share in another thread).  In any event, I do think he discussed the pros and cons with Woody, and Woody told him to take the shot because of the value of a rookie QB if he worked out.  He obviously did not work out.  

It appears most of that was already paid at the start of camp as roster bonus, and only the $1MM guaranteed base salary is left.

In a season when Denver's already carrying $53MM in dead cap for Russell Wilson, I don't think avoiding one last million getting potentially added to that is buying him a roster spot. 

• Upvote 1

hard to tell anything from any of these stats.  a quick look shows that nix was dumping a lot of his passes and zach was going down field more..  and the fact that zach had 3 rushes for near zero yards means he was staying in the pocket.  there's still hope for this guy.  he should at least be the no. 2 qb.

Holy moley bejeesus.

Are we still really trying rationalize and excuse his god aweful play.

He shouldn’t be qb2 he should be out of the league.

Zach was the worst qb I have ever seen that was given more than 3 starts. He is dreadful

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app
  • Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 2

On 8/12/2024 at 5:39 PM, TuscanyTile2 said:

Trounced.gif.b42e8a61fbac314f30274a77e092585c.gif

On 8/13/2024 at 8:59 PM, JoeNamathsFurCoat said:

Who could have predicted this kid would not be able to step in on day one and command the respect of a locker room of grown men in NYC 😂

What this looks like to me is these two guys got sick of this sh*t heel talking mad sh*t all game and finally decided to cash the check his mouth was writing. It looks personal, coordinated, and pre-meditated.

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, jgb said:

The standard for victory laps has really fallen  off a cliff 

You've been on vacation so you probably missed the predictions that Zach would be cut and be out of football this year.

I think Zack stinks and I couldn't be happier he's finally gone. I predicted QB3 or outright cut from the Broncos. But there are posters that are so invested in him being cut and out of the NFL this year that I thought it would be fun to watch if he actually made QB2 for Sean Payton. No victory laps, lol.

1 hour ago, bicketybam said:

You've been on vacation so you probably missed the predictions that Zach would be cut and be out of football this year.

I think Zack stinks and I couldn't be happier he's finally gone. I predicted QB3 or outright cut from the Broncos. But there are posters that are so invested in him being cut and out of the NFL this year that I thought it would be fun to watch if he actually made QB2 for Sean Payton. No victory laps, lol.

The anti-Zach contingent could be wrong about everything he does in life from this moment on and yet they still won the debate as far as the Jets are concerned.

• Haha 2

24 minutes ago, jgb said:

The anti-Zach contingent could be wrong about everything he does in life from this moment on and yet they still won the debate as far as the Jets are concerned.

Again, you missed the point. They would still lose their sh*t if Zach ends up QB2 for Denver. 

After last weeks game Payton only had good things to say about Zach. He might just be trying to improve his value if he's already determined that Zach sucks and he doesn't want him on the roster. Or he means it and thinks ZW can play on his team. Esp with the number of injuries that has already started. Zach could be mapping out a career like Fitz good enough to make a roster and available to start when needed. Zach will get a lot of play in Denver's next two exhibition games esp if Payton names Nix starter after this week's game. If he continues to play well he could get a trade out of it or make the team. 

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, bicketybam said:

Again, you missed the point. They would still lose their sh*t if Zach ends up QB2 for Denver. 

I think you're projecting in very egregious fashion. 

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, bicketybam said:

Isn’t he supposed QB2 now?  Most of the Zach haters of which I would consider myself a member said this would be his last season in the nfl which it most likely is.

• Upvote 2

7 minutes ago, Rich Thornburgh said:

Isn’t he supposed QB2 now?  Most of the Zach haters of which I would consider myself a member said this would be his last season in the nfl which it most likely is.

You are exactly the guy I am talking about 🤣 Smooth braaaain!

• Thumb Down 1

Just now, Green Ghost said:

Who knew drunk @bicketybam was this much fun?
It’s nice to see him going from thread to thread making nice to all his friends!

Absolute clown shoes. Posts like this is why you got banned and then when you came back you gave us the big farewell 🤣

jzphh.jpg

• Thumb Down 1

3 minutes ago, Green Ghost said:

School Reaction GIF by Fluffy Friends

In all fairness I knew you would come back. Even when you were permanently banned for being a dick, you found your way back with a new screen name. It's kind of nuts considering you are a Giants fan. Why do you want to be here so badly? Did they punt you from their forum? 🤣