ZACH WILSON isn’t on the Jets anymore discussion (merged)

1 hour ago, Rangers9 said:

Unconditional hate for a player, not acknowledging anything not negative about them and rooting for them to fail. Look there's a lot to criticize this guy on but you have a completely closed mind. 

Just because 99% of people who follow NFL/ Zach Wilson realize he sucks, doesn’t mean they hate him. It’s not his fault he is - of worst qbs in NFL history, he never should have been drafted in the first round. A few good games in weak Covid yr, made him go from late round pick to 2nd overall lol. How desperate teams enormously over reaching for qbs. How many do you think will end up like Zach out of this class ? 1/2 or more ? It’s just reality, no hate :)

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

5 minutes ago, Dunnie said:

Wilson and it's not really close

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

Less than zero chance Wilson plays for the Jets ever again. He would be booed out of the stadium if he ever had to play a game. I don't think he would come back even if they wanted him, which I can all but assure you that they don't. Let's see if Payton even wants him as QB3 and his QB room is a rookie and Stidham. 

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

58 minutes ago, Dunnie said:

It will be interesting to see what Payton decides with Zach does he try to keep him on the PS or not.

If zach really puts in the effort, gets a little tougher, he could have a sustainable career as a practice squad qb. 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, bicketybam said:

Less than zero chance Wilson plays for the Jets ever again. He would be booed out of the stadium if he ever had to play a game. I don't think he would come back even if they wanted him, which I can all but assure you that they don't. Let's see if Payton even wants him as QB3 and his QB room is a rookie and Stidham. 

We had this same debate for Pennington, Sanchez, Darnold and now Zach. (If it happened for Geno,  I don’t remember it)

Sometimes, you can never go home again and that’s just how it is.

4 minutes ago, AFJF said:

Too many turnovers for my liking.  Hoping they snag a vet.

My thinking is a vet QB3 isn't saving the season so might as well see what you got with a young guy. 

Which vet qb's do you think will be available, besides Zach Wilson?

• Upvote 2

18 minutes ago, Jetsplayer21 said:

Just because 99% of people who follow NFL/ Zach Wilson realize he sucks, doesn’t mean they hate him. It’s not his fault he is - of worst qbs in NFL history, he never should have been drafted in the first round. A few good games in weak Covid yr, made him go from late round pick to 2nd overall lol. How desperate teams enormously over reaching for qbs. How many do you think will end up like Zach out of this class ? 1/2 or more ? It’s just reality, no hate :)

Look it's one sided. And illogical. And there's no 99%. On anything. Where did you get that from? The guy has a good game and all you guys do is try to find excuses against it. And worse yet rooting for the guy to fail. But knock yourselves out. 

• Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 2

Just now, bicketybam said:

My thinking is a vet QB3 isn't saving the season so might as well see what you got with a young guy. 

Which vet qb's do you think will be available, besides Zach Wilson?

With 17 practice squad spots I'd have no problem keeping two QBs.  One to develop and Mike White or another vet if you need him to start two or three games.

AR is long in the tooth coming off an injury and Tyrod's durability is pretty bad.

And Zach Wilson would be hilarious.

Wasn't saying he should ever be a Jet again... Just saying he is better than the two 3rd stringers we got now.

5 minutes ago, Dunnie said:

Wasn't saying he should ever be a Jet again... Just saying he is better than the two guys we got now.

Pal, in the past I might have mocked you right now but with all sincerity—for your own health and well-being—let it go.

• Haha 2

12 minutes ago, Rangers9 said:

Look it's one sided. And illogical. And there's no 99%. On anything. Where did you get that from? The guy has a good game and all you guys do is try to find excuses against it. And worse yet rooting for the guy to fail. But knock yourselves out. 

I’m not rooting for him to fail, I could care less if he has a good game vs 4th stringers in last pre season game. I know some fanboys will follow the broncos almost as much as the jets, maybe even more if he actually plays ha. I don’t understand why just because many admit the reality, we are automatically haters ? For being correct and predicting the obvious last yr- Zach Wilson is going to be the worst qb in NFL for 2nd yr in a row.. I would love to see a mega bust like Zach Wilson make the biggest miracle comeback in NFL history. Just being in the NFL in a yr from now I think would be quite an achievement for Zach. But anyway, let’s focus back on the Jets ;)

I’m not rooting for him to fail, I could care less if he has a good game vs 4th stringers in last pre season game. I know some fanboys will follow the broncos almost as much as the jets, maybe even more if he actually plays ha. I don’t understand why just because many admit the reality, we are automatically haters ? For being correct and predicting the obvious last yr- Zach Wilson is going to be the worst qb in NFL for 2nd yr in a row.. I would love to see a mega bust like Zach Wilson make the biggest miracle comeback in NFL history. Just being in the NFL in a yr from now I think would be quite an achievement for Zach. But anyway, let’s focus back on the Jets
I agree .. he could totally be bagging groceries in 2 years.

But the planets have aligned for him and he's got coaching now... So I guess there is a chance ... Isn't he the same age as Nix ?

I will say, I did chuckle at the announcers repeatedly calling out the Jets OL and coaching staff. But I think it was Tiki and he's a Jet hater anyway ... So you have to adjust for that.

The Jets are better off without Zach and it seems like Zach might better off without the Jets. So win win.

1 hour ago, Larz said:

Trolls might want to look away 

Wilson has all of the physical tools to be a high-end starter.  He has the mental fortitude of a turd swirling in the toilet bowl (assuming a turd swirling in the toilet bowl had a brain and thus a very low mental fortitude).

• Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1

7 minutes ago, Dunnie said:

I agree .. he could totally be bagging groceries in 2 years.

But the planets have aligned for him and he's got coaching now... So I guess there is a chance ... Isn't he the same age as Nix ?

I will say, I did chuckle at the announcers repeatedly calling out the Jets OL and coaching staff. But I think it was Tiki and he's a Jet hater anyway ... So you have to adjust for that.

The Jets are better off without Zach and it seems like Zach might better off without the Jets. So win win.

I know the OL has been improved, but I think Rodgers is going to make both them and the coaching staff look great ha. What a good qb does.  The giants fans are going through with jones. Who has had lot more success than Zach ( not saying much ) but see the fans say it’s OL’s fault why he suckked so bad last yr.. When he was on the field. I think that is a weak excuse, devito and Taylor both looked better than jones last yr.. 

24 minutes ago, Jetsplayer21 said:

I’m not rooting for him to fail, I could care less if he has a good game vs 4th stringers in last pre season game. I know some fanboys will follow the broncos almost as much as the jets, maybe even more if he actually plays ha. I don’t understand why just because many admit the reality, we are automatically haters ? For being correct and predicting the obvious last yr- Zach Wilson is going to be the worst qb in NFL for 2nd yr in a row.. I would love to see a mega bust like Zach Wilson make the biggest miracle comeback in NFL history. Just being in the NFL in a yr from now I think would be quite an achievement for Zach. But anyway, let’s focus back on the Jets ;)

What you're saying is a half truth. Kind of like a politician. Sure he played against non starters. Not only 4th stringers but backups, 3rd stringers etc. But the guys on the field for him were 4th stringers etc too including skill position players and O line. He didn't exactly get the best blocking etc. So tell the whole story not part of it. 

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, Rangers9 said:

What you're saying is a half truth. Kind of like a politician. Sure he played against non starters. Not only 4th stringers but backups, 3rd stringers etc. But the guys on the field for him were 4th stringers etc too including skill position players and O line. He didn't exactly get the best blocking etc. So tell the whole story not part of it. 

Lol. If you would like me to clarify to “ tell the whole story .” On a field of 22 4th string reserves, Wilson looked like 1 of the best 4th stringer out of the them all lol.  Like other borderline NFL players who ended the preseason with a good game, they just may make the NFL roster/ practice squad :) Glad to see few jet players also not held in high regard coming into camp, make the case to make the Final Cut. 

1 hour ago, Rangers9 said:

And worse yet rooting for the guy to fail.

yes i do root for him to fail. just like i do any ex Jet because thats whats best for my team.

42 minutes ago, Dunnie said:

just like this Ranger. does it make you feel good when people make fun of your team? just imagine if Zach or Sam ever turn it around, we will look like a bunch of idiots. 

sorry but im sick and tired of my team always being a joke. i want all their decisions on and off the field to be right. any ex Jet who does good makes the organization look bad for getting rid of him.

Zach, Sam, Jamal Adams.... you name the ex Jet and i root against them. i root for the laundry not the player. 

• Post of the Week 1

just like this Ranger. does it make you feel good when people make fun of your team? just imagine if Zach or Sam ever turn it around, we will look like a bunch of idiots. 
sorry but im sick and tired of my team always being a joke. i want all their decisions on and off the field to be right. any ex Jet who does good makes the organization look bad for getting rid of him.
Zach, Sam, Jamal Adams.... you name the ex Jet and i root against them. i root for the laundry not the player. 
I didn't say it made me feel good ... I said I gotta chuckle out of it ... Mainly because it echos what people with actual eyeballs had been saying all of last year.

3 hours ago, Dunnie said:

I didn't say it made me feel good ... I said I gotta chuckle out of it ... Mainly because it echos what people with actual eyeballs had been saying all of last year.

I see the “Zach Wilson or die trying” contingent has been resurrected 😂😂

All it took was a “flawless” performance vs dudes that will be bagging groceries at ShopRite (if it still exists back in NY) within a couple days

As another poster mentioned previously, my favorite ZW play of the day was when he inexplicably fed the ball into the DL guy’s chest — hit him right between the numbers 🤣

• Haha 2

I see the “Zach Wilson or die trying” contingent has been resurrected
All it took was a “flawless” performance vs dudes that will be bagging groceries at ShopRite (if it still exists back in NY) within a couple days
As another poster mentioned previously, my favorite ZW play of the day was when he inexplicably fed the ball into the DL guy’s chest — hit him right between the numbers
Yeah . That was a sign that evil Zach has not been vanquished ... Just tamped down. If Zach sh*t the bed yesterday against the grocery clerks ... My guess is that his career would have been nearly at its end.

5 hours ago, JoeNamathsFurCoat said:

I see the “Zach Wilson or die trying” contingent has been resurrected 😂😂

As another poster mentioned previously, my favorite ZW play of the day was when he inexplicably fed the ball into the DL guy’s chest — hit him right between the numbers 🤣

They make you bag your own groceries now FYI...

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, doitny said:

yes i do root for him to fail. just like i do any ex Jet because thats whats best for my team.

Exactly.. Zach is the enemy now.. Simply for the fact he plays for another team. Not that he is an actual threat to standing in jets way lol. But I don’t think Saquan Barkley giant fans are still rooting for the guy. He is a threat to the giants beating them / winning division. Not that the giants are going to be competing for that this yr lol. Giant fans that are actually rooting for Barkley to do well for the eagles, are just Cucks in real life lol.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Testaverde9819 said:

They make you bag your own groceries now FYI...

Not cool.  Do they still pump gas for you in Jersey?   😊🤣

If I ever worked at a NJ gas station, I would write it up on my resume like this:

Job Title:  "Petroleum transfer engineer"  😂😅

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, JoeNamathsFurCoat said:

Not cool.  Do they still pump gas for you in Jersey?   😊🤣

If I ever worked at a NJ gas station, I would write it up on my resume like this:

Job Title:  "Petroleum transfer engineer"  😂😅

Whenever I need a new job I just say I was the CEO of blockbuster 

On 8/18/2024 at 9:08 PM, Jetsfan80 said:

Zach goes 2/5 for 12 yards vs 3rd stringers…

His remaining defenders:  “I mean hey, he was playing with 3rd stringers too, guy”

On 8/18/2024 at 9:26 PM, Jetsfan80 said:

* JetBlue workers

On 8/18/2024 at 9:44 PM, Jetsfan80 said:

Stidham still in to start the 2nd half?  lol.

On 8/18/2024 at 10:00 PM, Jetsfan80 said:

Bronco reporter Mike Klis on the broadcast thinks the Broncos will only keep 2 QBs.  So crazy they don’t see the potential of a tremendous project QB enough to keep 3.  

On 8/18/2024 at 10:08 PM, Jetsfan80 said:

Nice series Zach.

On 8/18/2024 at 10:09 PM, Jetsfan80 said:

3 and out in enemy territory resulting in a FG = a win for his defenders.  I mean hey, at least he didn’t turn it over against the 3rd stringers!

On 8/18/2024 at 10:18 PM, Jetsfan80 said:

LMFAO Zach just took a Safety against 3rd stringers.  

On 8/18/2024 at 10:19 PM, Jetsfan80 said:

Payton might cut him before the start of the 4th quarter.  

On 8/18/2024 at 10:22 PM, Jetsfan80 said:

On 8/18/2024 at 10:28 PM, Jetsfan80 said:

Now do the 3 and out the prior drive.  

And why, exactly, can’t he and his supposed “elite escapability” seem to find a way to get rid of the ball out of bounds 4 years in, and takes sacks all the time instead?

On 8/18/2024 at 10:34 PM, Jetsfan80 said:

Inexcusable sack taken then yet another 3 and out.

Sound familiar, fellas?

On 8/18/2024 at 10:35 PM, Jetsfan80 said:

Dude is out here playing scared against THIRD STRINGERS.

How can anyone justify defending a QB who plays scared, ever?  That’s like the # 1 prerequisite a QB needs to succeed in this league:  Fearlessness.

On 8/18/2024 at 10:36 PM, Jetsfan80 said:

4 years in and he STILL holds the ball forever.  But I guess that’s all MLF’s fault….

On 8/18/2024 at 10:37 PM, Jetsfan80 said:

^^^ This was my predicted line for him an hour ago:  It’s going even worse than that.  

On 8/18/2024 at 10:39 PM, Jetsfan80 said:

With how often he pirouettes in the pocket I imagine his snowboarding skills are at least above average.

On 8/18/2024 at 10:41 PM, Jetsfan80 said:

Each of us posting here also has more net yards than Zach given that he’s 0-3 with 2 sacks taken.  

On 8/18/2024 at 10:42 PM, Jetsfan80 said:

Meanwhile I woulda traded away a 5th for the privilege of getting Zach off the roster.  

On 8/18/2024 at 10:44 PM, Jetsfan80 said:

Can’t wait to see the great bidding war of 2024 (v2.0) for his services when he gets cut.  I imaging Reid, McVay and both Harbaughs will be battling to sign him.  

On 8/18/2024 at 10:45 PM, Jetsfan80 said:

Heyyyy he completed one!!

On 8/18/2024 at 10:47 PM, Jetsfan80 said:

ZOMG FLASHES

On 8/18/2024 at 10:49 PM, Jetsfan80 said:

Smart of Payton to go with the screen throw there to help Zach save face.  Prior throw was off by a mile.  

On 8/18/2024 at 10:50 PM, Jetsfan80 said:

Doing just enough to keep @Dunnie and @TuscanyTile2 semi-erect.

On 8/18/2024 at 10:51 PM, Jetsfan80 said:

Good timing - lean into that TD drive and strike while the iron is hot.  lol.  

On 8/18/2024 at 10:53 PM, Jetsfan80 said:

If you think about it that makes Zach a hero, really.

On 8/18/2024 at 10:58 PM, Jetsfan80 said:

He’ll fumble the transition.

On 8/18/2024 at 11:01 PM, Jetsfan80 said:

lol Payton could have let Zach throw one more time on that 3rd & 5 and was like “Nah, we’re good.”

On 8/18/2024 at 11:05 PM, Jetsfan80 said:

Glad to finally have you on the right side of the truth, my man. 

Where have all the good times gone! Where you at, @Jetsfan80?

ally mcbeal GIF