ZACH WILSON isn’t on the Jets anymore discussion (merged)

10 minutes ago, JiFtheOracle said:

Brah, did you see the way he moved that 6th string safety w/ his eyes?  Only Sean Payton (who's never developed a QB and is a total POS of a human) can teach him that! 

Like, I get that there are some weak-a$$ QB2s out there.  Skylar Thompson, Tyson Bagent, Malik Willis, Clayton Tune, Jake Haener, etc.  That doesn’t automatically mean Zach Wilson belongs in that camp.  

No one wants to have to trust a guy like him in a meaningful regular season game based on his ability to have a couple nice plays a game surrounded otherwise by hot garbage.  1 game prior to this he took a Safety against 2nd/3rd stringers, lmfao.  

• Post of the Week 1

1 minute ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Like, I get that there are some weak-a$$ QB2s out there.  Skylar Thompson, Tyson Bagent, Malik Willis, Clayton Tune, Jake Haener, etc.  That doesn’t automatically mean Zach Wilson belongs in that camp.  

No one wants to have to trust a guy like him in a meaningful regular season game based on his ability to have a couple nice plays a game surrounded otherwise by hot garbage.  1 game prior to this he took a Safety against 2nd/3rd stringers, lmfao.  

I think somewhere in this conversation it's probably wise to remind people that Zach Wilson had a chance to play more Football in the NFL as a #2 and when asked to start he was like, nah, I'm good...but yo, he totally deserves to be the mitigation plan for another team if their starter goes down because, peep these handful of plays in the preseason vs. grocery baggers.

• Haha 4

Deserves?  After 1 preseason game in year 4 of his career?  That’s not how this works.  
You guys are adorable.  You really think he’s earned something.  
Did you even watch the video ? ... Its not like he was being vaulted to a starting role or anything.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

Been watching the dude for 4 years.  I’ve seen enough.  You keep hangin’ in there though!
Lol .. you're so easy to trigger .. I'm not hanging anywhere ... Just relaying a review from a former NFL QB.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, JiFtheOracle said:

Brah, did you see the way he moved that 6th string safety w/ his eyes?  Only Sean Payton (who's never developed a QB and is a total POS of a human) can teach him that! 

not only that but every team plays a vanilla defense in preseason. Zach was good here too in preseason.

Mole thinks that Payton is going to say....hey Bo Nixs i know that i Sean Payton drafted you with the 12th pick in the draft to be my QB but i need to spend some quality time working with some 3rd string QB i got from the Jets for a 75% discount so i can turn him into a NFL QB for his new team next year.

LMAFO

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Dunnie said:

Jets can't coach ... Not the same thing.

How do we know that? cause Zach Wilson sucked here? so if Zach plays for the Broncos this year and sucks are you going to say Sean Payton cant coach either? 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

2 hours ago, T0mShane said:

Kind of a bummer to see Chase Daniel go down that Brian Baldinger path where they isolate one play from a player, explain why it’s the best play in NFL history, then throw it up on socials with the title “BRONCOS FANS YOU HAVE A GOOD ONE” to reap the engagement. He used to play it straight but has turned into a click-farmer. 

I remember his Trevon Wesco, welcome to the Jets, vid:

”Baby Gronk” 🤣🤣

• Haha 2

12 minutes ago, doitny said:

not only that but every team plays a vanilla defense in preseason. Zach was good here too in preseason.

Mole thinks that Payton is going to say....hey Bo Nixs i know that i Sean Payton drafted you with the 12th pick in the draft to be my QB but i need to spend some quality time working with some 3rd string QB i got from the Jets for a 75% discount so i can turn him into a NFL QB for his new team next year.

LMAFO

Payton's track record of drafting and developing QB's is truly inspiring.  In addition to this draft where he took a big chance on a 25 year old rookie w/ the most starts in the history of college Football, he also drafted and developed ballers, like, Ian Book and Garrett Grayson and Sean Canfield! 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

9 minutes ago, JiFtheOracle said:

Payton's track record of drafting and developing QB's is truly inspiring.  In addition to this draft where he took a big chance on a 25 year old rookie w/ the most starts in the history of college Football, he also drafted and developed ballers, like, Ian Book and Garrett Grayson and Sean Canfield! 

in his last year in NO he had Jamis Winston who was 2 years removed from a 33 TD and 5,000 plus yard season. but with Payton he got no where near that. and then he left them instead of trying to fix him.

as you said he sucks at developing QBs, thats why he went to Denver, because Russ was there. but that blew up in his face so now he has no choice.

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Dunnie said:

Jets can't coach ... Not the same thing.

Trash Jets QBs not named Zach Wilson averaged nearly 100 yards per game more than Zach Wilson did under MLF.  We’ve been through this too.  

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 1

13 hours ago, Alka said:

It feeds his enormous ego.  He wants to prove to everyone how wonderful he is, for fixing a QB that the Jets were incapable of fixing.

Payton bought into the Chris Simms narrative that it was the jets who failed Zach Wilson.  And then he quickly realized Zach Wilson is just a suck

• Upvote 3

10 hours ago, Warfish said:

First half? What do you see happening then, him starting over Nix?

Warfish you actually asked a legitimate question although I am suspicious of the motive. Nonetheless I will give you the benefit of doubt and respond to your question on its face.

Right now all of the QBs on the Denver Bronco’s Roster are considered equals among the Bronco’s Coaching Staff. Before the First Game of the Preseason kicked off it was determined that all 3 Broncos QBs would be getting starts in 2024. Yes, Nix has been named the Starting QB Week 1 but he was just selected as the QB to go first. The Broncos will face two of the Best Defense’s in the NFL in the first 4 weeks of the season. (The Steelers and The Jets) The other two teams are the Seahawks and the Buccaneers who aren’t exactly a day at the beach. It stands to reason that Nix could get a quick hook in 2024. It’s easy to tell a New Rookie and an Anxious Owner that Rookie QBs often have to sit for a few years before they get their first start. The most recent example of that is Jordan Love. Sean Payton is juggling several aspects of the Offense. Not just who will be the Starting QB for the Broncos. But who will be the Back-up QB going forward. Now enter Jarrett Stidham. (henceforth referred to as Stidley) Stidley is on his Third NFL Team in 5 years and has amassed only 4 Starts and 1 win to show for it. Stidley seems to think he is an NFL Starting QB. He knows the sand is running through the Hour-Glass and is getting anxious. As a result he has ramped up his lobbying for the QB Job once Russell Wilson was given his Walking Papers. This tactic has a very high likelihood of backfiring with respect to being considered for the Back-up QB Job in 2025. As to 2024 I expect that Stidley will be called in to start sometime between Week 4 and Week 7 to show what he’s got. Expect Sean Payton to ride Stidley hard much the same way he rode Russell Wilson last year. And if he can’t make the Big Plays when Sean Payton makes the call he will be sat back down, for the last time. When that experiment is over Zach Wilson will be called in. Possibly as early as Week 8 but more realistically Week 12 to Week 13 until the season concludes. Payton needs to see just enough to make a Contract Recommendation to George Paton and Greg Penner. I expect it will be a 2 Year 30 million dollar contract. The first year will be a 10 million dollar base salary with no bonuses and will be fully guaranteed. The second year will be 20 million dollar base salary with 5 Million Guaranteed. This will afford the Broncos with the option of cutting Zach as early as Week 5 of the 2026 Season or trading him at The Trade Deadline when the Broncos will have paid Zach 12 Million Dollars. Then the Broncos can make their decision about what they do with Nix and who they retain as the starting QB after the 2026 Season concludes.

Stidley will be cut by the Broncos after the 2024 Season.

That’s how I see the QB Situation shaking out in Denver.

18 hours ago, doitny said:

seriously? Sean Payton is considered one of the top HCs around. i am sure he has total control of who they draft otherwise he wouldn't be there. Bo Nix is Payton's baby. Zach Wilson is just some guy they picked up because the Jets were willing to pay most of his salary.

so you believe that George Paton ( not Payton) the Broncos GM in his 3rd year and who was responsible for hiring Hackett as HC and giving Russ Wilson that horrible contract overruled Sean Payton who they are paying 18 mil a year on the QB? 

Paton is lucky he has a job after those moves. but you believe he has the power to force draft picks on future HOF HC Sean Payton? LMFAO

Paton wasn't the only party charged with making the call on the Russell Wilson Contract. The situation with Broncos Ownership was a disaster at that time. The Owner (Pat Bowlen) was losing his marbles. The family appointed an Executor to run the franchise that did not possess the business acumen to run a 7-Eleven much less an NFL Franchise. Paton came out of a Scouting background with the Bears/Vikings and was still learning the ropes. Pure and simple Russell Wilson and his attorneys hit the jackpot. Maybe Paton deserves to be bounced for his share of the debacle but Greg Penner has decided to keep him around.

BTW their names are so similar that its easy to mistype.

Well then I guess the work of this thread is not yet done because a week ago you were done with him, lol.

200.gif?cid=d9212ad9hth3kadlczt26qgwh4hgy98r6i9xy5u5uk7f9zcj&ep=v1_gifs_search&rid=200.gif&ct=g
I was and am in agreement with the trade. He was not developing here and it was never going to work .... Whether or not Payton can make him serviceable is still not clear...
Time will tell. Who knows ?

1 minute ago, Dunnie said:

I was and am in agreement with the trade. He was not developing here and it was never going to work .... Whether or not Payton can make him serviceable is still not clear...
Time will tell. Who knows ?

We know.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, WestCoastMole said:

Right now all of the QBs on the Denver Bronco’s Roster are considered equals among the Bronco’s Coaching Staff

if this is true then Sean Payton should be fired for drafting a QB at 12 who is equal to a career backup (Stidham) and the worst QB in the NFL the last 3 years (Wilson).

Nix has been named the Starting QB Week 1 but he was just selected as the QB to go first.

another dumb move. if what you say is true wouldnt it be smarter to let the rookie sit first and let the 2 veterans go 1st? starting a rookie QB week 1 and then sitting him 4 weeks later can be detrimental to his development. just ask Zach.

this is a nice fantasy story you tell. everything in your mind that Denver is doing is to benefit Zach Wilson. 

Payton needs to see just enough to make a Contract Recommendation to George Paton and Greg Penner. I expect it will be a 2 Year 30 million dollar contract.

yep screw Bo Nix. who cares about wasting the 12th pick in the draft. were all about Zach..lol

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, doitny said:

if this is true then Sean Payton should be fired for drafting a QB at 12 who is equal to a career backup (Stidham) and the worst QB in the NFL the last 3 years (Wilson).

another dumb move. if what you say is true wouldnt it be smarter to let the rookie sit first and let the 2 veterans go 1st? starting a rookie QB week 1 and then sitting him 4 weeks later can be detrimental to his development. just ask Zach.

this is a nice fantasy story you tell. everything in your mind that Denver is doing is to benefit Zach Wilson. 

yep screw Bo Nix. who cares about wasting the 12th pick in the draft. were all about Zach..lol

6 Quarterbacks were taken in the first round of the 2024 draft.

Bo Nix was taken last in that bunch

Of those 6 only 3 will be starting Week 1 of the 2024 Season.

Meaning 3 first round draft picks will not even be start. That includes Drake Maye, Michael Penix and JJ McCarthy.

McCarthy suffered an injury. What does that make Drake Maye and Michael Penix ?

You know you come off as all mouth and no brains.

3 minutes ago, WestCoastMole said:

6 Quarterbacks were taken in the first round of the 2024 draft.

Bo Nix was taken last in that bunch

Of those 6 only 3 will be starting Week 1 of the 2024 Season.

Meaning 3 first round draft picks will not even be start. That includes Drake Maye, Michael Penix and JJ McCarthy.

You know you come off as all mouth and no brains.

we will see who has no brains when Zach Wilson either sits all year or plays and sucks.

22 minutes ago, WestCoastMole said:

you said Nix is playing X amount of games and no matter if he is doing good he will sit so Payton can see Stidham. and then Stidham will do the same so he can see Zach.

i guarantee you NE and Atlanta have no such plans for their QBs. Maye and Penix are the starters and will be all season long unless they suck. Nix according to you will sit no matter what so there for he should have went last.

• Post of the Week 1

On 8/16/2024 at 9:14 PM, Green Ghost said:

Who knew drunk @bicketybam was this much fun?
It’s amusing  to see him stumble from thread to thread making nice to all his friends!

He is amusing though. 1 post it’s his gf and him then next post it’s his wife and him.  Total BS.  But he better get that yard mowed before his mom gets home.

• Thumb Down 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, doitny said:

we will see who has no brains when Zach Wilson either sits all year or plays and sucks.

I'm think more about Week 4 when Bo Nix hangs a 40 burger on the Jets to  stomp them 40 to 31. I'm not sure how I would feel but I would sure be thinking of you. 😁

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, doitny said:

LMAFO

Zach looked mediocre playing third stringers in August exhibition.  If BOTH Nix and Stidham got hurt I wouldn’t be shocked if Payton signed someone off the street 

4 hours ago, WestCoastMole said:

Warfish you actually asked a legitimate question although I am suspicious of the motive.

My only motive was to better understand your prediction.

4 hours ago, WestCoastMole said:

Nonetheless I will give you the benefit of doubt and respond to your question on its face.

Right now all of the QBs on the Denver Bronco’s Roster are considered equals among the Bronco’s Coaching Staff. Before the First Game of the Preseason kicked off it was determined that all 3 Broncos QBs would be getting starts in 2024. Yes, Nix has been named the Starting QB Week 1 but he was just selected as the QB to go first. The Broncos will face two of the Best Defense’s in the NFL in the first 4 weeks of the season. (The Steelers and The Jets) The other two teams are the Seahawks and the Buccaneers who aren’t exactly a day at the beach. It stands to reason that Nix could get a quick hook in 2024. It’s easy to tell a New Rookie and an Anxious Owner that Rookie QBs often have to sit for a few years before they get their first start. The most recent example of that is Jordan Love. Sean Payton is juggling several aspects of the Offense. Not just who will be the Starting QB for the Broncos. But who will be the Back-up QB going forward. Now enter Jarrett Stidham. (henceforth referred to as Stidley) Stidley is on his Third NFL Team in 5 years and has amassed only 4 Starts and 1 win to show for it. Stidley seems to think he is an NFL Starting QB. He knows the sand is running through the Hour-Glass and is getting anxious. As a result he has ramped up his lobbying for the QB Job once Russell Wilson was given his Walking Papers. This tactic has a very high likelihood of backfiring with respect to being considered for the Back-up QB Job in 2025. As to 2024 I expect that Stidley will be called in to start sometime between Week 4 and Week 7 to show what he’s got. Expect Sean Payton to ride Stidley hard much the same way he rode Russell Wilson last year. And if he can’t make the Big Plays when Sean Payton makes the call he will be sat back down, for the last time. When that experiment is over Zach Wilson will be called in. Possibly as early as Week 8 but more realistically Week 12 to Week 13 until the season concludes. Payton needs to see just enough to make a Contract Recommendation to George Paton and Greg Penner. I expect it will be a 2 Year 30 million dollar contract. The first year will be a 10 million dollar base salary with no bonuses and will be fully guaranteed. The second year will be 20 million dollar base salary with 5 Million Guaranteed. This will afford the Broncos with the option of cutting Zach as early as Week 5 of the 2026 Season or trading him at The Trade Deadline when the Broncos will have paid Zach 12 Million Dollars. Then the Broncos can make their decision about what they do with Nix and who they retain as the starting QB after the 2026 Season concludes.

Stidley will be cut by the Broncos after the 2024 Season.

That’s how I see the QB Situation shaking out in Denver.

That...is one hell of a prediction.

I'm not sure there is any aspect of it I agree with or see happening, but I must admit, the world would be more interesting if it did.

I guess we'll just have to wait and see.  

1 hour ago, Fantasy Island said:

He is amusing though. 1 post it’s his gf and him then next post it’s his wife and him.  Total BS.  But he better get that yard mowed before his mom gets home.

You're my own personal stalker. 

• Haha 1