Hassan Reddick Holding Out, Requests Trade

1 hour ago, ARodJetsFan said:

This is just my opinion of course, but it's not a play-off roster, until the team actually makes it into the playoffs.

That seems reasonable to me.

Have I set the bar too high?

If you want to say that on paper, we have a much improved roster, I would agree with that.

So there isn't a single NFL team that has a playoff roster yet. Got it.

• Upvote 3
  • WTF? 1

19 hours ago, Jetpain said:

Please clarify this for me if possible...   Riddicks deal included guaranteed money... hes just received it all already.  His salary for this year while technically not guaranteed its about 100% a lock to be received...does he think hes getting waived and will not receive his full salary this year?  And arent veterans full salaries guaranteed if they are on the roster week 1?   Just wondering where the issue with guaranteed money is coming from.  Unhappy with his salary is a different argument.   

His roster bonus is 1mil, if he is on roster week 1. He had a few other bonuses, but otherwise no, his salary is not guaranteed.

Of course, as long as he's on the roster he gets paid. But an unfortunate scenario could occur, such as him tearing his Achilles in pre season and getting cut. Then he would make only a fraction of his salary. It makes sense why he'd at least want a reworked deal.

2 hours ago, mfmartin said:

I mean the game was different then. The NFL didn’t even have free agency until the last two years of his tenure. So to use a historical outlier and say see it’s could happen with Douglas is just wishful thinking imo.

It’s like saying Drew Brees struggled for years so Zach Wilson could be good.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

Wtf are you talking about... How is this argument even valid in your mind.... 

Wow you will stretch to no end to exaggerate something that has nothing to do with record. Idiotic response try again. 

1 hour ago, Claymation said:

It does, my concern if this is the case, then the Jets have a Wilpon problem with Woody. 

I mean, I think we know that's exactly what we have in Woody, lol.  You don't have a 14-year playoff drought in a league driven by parity by accident.

13 minutes ago, bicketybam said:

Buddy, you don't read very well.

Teams with rosters that have actually made it to the playoffs, have playoff rosters.

To simplify this even more for you, I'll break it down even further.

Every team has departures & acquisitions every off-season.

However, if a team made it to the playoffs last season and the core of that roster is still in tact, that's a playoff roster in my opinion.

But stating that a team has a  play-off caliber roster, that hasn't been to the playoffs in 14 seasons, has no merit.

They have to prove that they can get to the post season, and they can only do that on the field, by winning regular season games.

It's pretty amazing to me, that you're actually struggling with the concept.

• Upvote 2
  • WTF? 1

8 minutes ago, bicketybam said:

Obviously, certain well coached teams seem like annual contenders in the NFL, but things change fast.

I wouldn't have called last year's Texans a pre season "playoff roster". Meanwhile the "super bowl roster" Eagles fell apart. It's an exaggeration to say there's "no playoff rosters" yet, but forecasting the season at this point is pretty silly too. We're all just riding that lovely pre season NFL hype train until results start coming in :)

Edit: ah, I guess I didn't quite get the point of the post you quoted either (based on the response above)... But I think my point stands, it's fair to wait until the regular season before we start calling teams playoff worthy

How about we wait to see this team perform on the field, in regular season games, before we crown this a play-off caliber roster?

I'm all for optimisim, but good grief.

A roster is just a piece of paper with a bunch of names on it.

How good a team will be, is determined by coaching & the team's performance on the field - during regular season games that actually matter.

Not by fans waving pom-poms in the off-season.

Pff which grades every play on every player in the NFL and studies the NFL intently rates this as the best roster in the NFL... Yet even if you hate them they study all the players much harsher then an average fan. 

But they are not a playoff roster... Got it... Wow seriously... It's not pom pom waiving by stating facts... 

Whether they get there is a whole different story... But the talent is undeniable.. 

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, JoeNamathsFurCoat said:

Sums things up here

Reddick wasn’t willing to play out his final year (with zero gtd left) for his hometown Eagles who are a SB contender.

Why in the world would the Jets think he’d be willing to do it for them?

It shows a naïveté on the part of Douglas, Saleh and Woodrow.

You either get a deal done as part of the trade negotiations or you don’t make the trade.

At this point though, all the Jets probably need to do is guarantee his 14M plus a few M more in realistic incentives for this year and I think he probably crawls back to them.

As simple as it gets. If he were willing to play on the final year he’d still be in Philly 

1 minute ago, Matt39 said:

As simple as it gets. If he were willing to play on the final year he’d still be in Philly 

Nobody thinks he would play out his contract as it is.... All they asked was him to show up and they would work on the contract from there... He choose a hard stance rather than play nice... Now we are here

10 minutes ago, ARodJetsFan said:

Teams with rosters that have actually made it to the playoffs, have playoff rosters.

However, if a team made it to the playoffs last season and the core of that roster is still in tact, that's a playoff roster in my opinion.

But stating that a team has a  play-off caliber roster, that hasn't been to the playoffs in 14 seasons, has no merit.

The Bills lost Diggs. Playoff team? 

The Jets roster is up there with any of last year's playoffs teams. There's no reason to be a dick about it and I'm not your buddy, Chief.

• WTF? 1

35 minutes ago, The Voice of Reason said:

Pff which grades every play on every player in the NFL and studies the NFL intently rates this as the best roster in the NFL... Yet even if you hate them they study all the players much harsher then an average fan. 

But they are not a playoff roster... Got it... Wow seriously... It's not pom pom waiving by stating facts... 

Whether they get there is a whole different story... But the talent is undeniable.. 

Please tell me exactly when PFF became the standard for determining if an NFL team will make the playoffs?

You said PFF says we have the best roster in the NFL - are you actually naive enough to believe that??

What are you going to do next?  Quote Madden ratings??

I don't work for PFF - but I can sure as hell tell you, as many others here can too, we DO NOT have the best roster in the NFL.

You're not sounding very reasonable right now @The Voice of Reason

Do we have a good roster?

Yes, I think so.

Better then last year's roster?

Yes.

Do we have a play-off roster?

Remains to be seen.

• WTF? 1

26 minutes ago, bicketybam said:

The Bills lost Diggs. Playoff team? 

The Jets roster is up there with any of last year's playoffs teams. There's no reason to be a dick about it and I'm not your buddy, Chief.

100% until proven otherwise.

They've won the Division 4 years straight.

What a ridiculous question, are you really that delusional??

Just because you're wrong, doesn't mean I'm a dick.

I'm sorry that your butt-hurt, because I called you out on the ridiculous assertions you've been spewing, along with a few others here.

I live in reality, not Fanatasy-land.

As I said in another post, we all want the Jets to win and do well.

It's on the Jets, to go out there on the field and prove they can do it.

Roster rankings and smack-talk doesn't mean crap. they have to go out on the field and perform at a high-level for 17 games.

Then we'll know, what kind of a team we have.

• Thumb Down 2

2 minutes ago, ARodJetsFan said:

Please tell me exactly when PFF became the standard for determining if an NFL team will make the playoffs?

PFF says we have the best roster in the NFL - are you are actually naive enough to believe that.

What are you going to do next?  Quote Madden ratings??

I don't work for PFF but I can sure as hell tell you, as many others here can as well, we DO NOT have the best roster in the NFL.

You're not sounding very reasonable right now @The Voice of Reason

No I am saying they have the highest graded team in the NFL... Not sure why that is not playoff caliber in your mind... By whatever standard you live by. 

15 minutes ago, The Voice of Reason said:

No I am saying they have the highest graded team in the NFL... Not sure why that is not playoff caliber in your mind... By whatever standard you live by. 

As I said in another post, we all want the Jets to win and do well.

Roster rankings and smack-talk doesn't mean crap. they have to go out on the field and perform at a high-level for 17 games.

• More Ugh 1

This is just my opinion of course, but it's not a play-off roster, until the team actually makes it into the playoffs.

35 minutes ago, ARodJetsFan said:

Buddy, you don't read well

15 minutes ago, ARodJetsFan said:

Talk about moving the goal posts.

The Jets have a roster that is talented enough to make the playoffs. Call that what you will. You can be pessimistic or whatever but the team as constructed should be good enough to make the playoffs. Of course you have to play the games, just like the Bills do. Sure they won the division 4 straight years but they lost one of their best weapons this off&season. That doesn't mean anything? It's all good because they made the playoffs last year? Come on.

2 minutes ago, ARodJetsFan said:

The Jets and the Patriots missed the playoffs last year. Which roster would you rather have going into the season?

99/100 times in order to make the playoffs you need a roster that is talented enough. All I'm saying is that the Jets have a roster that is good enough to make the playoffs. When was the last time you could say that? 

45 minutes ago, Mr. Rogers said:

His roster bonus is 1mil, if he is on roster week 1. He had a few other bonuses, but otherwise no, his salary is not guaranteed.

Of course, as long as he's on the roster he gets paid. But an unfortunate scenario could occur, such as him tearing his Achilles in pre season and getting cut. Then he would make only a fraction of his salary. It makes sense why he'd at least want a reworked deal.

Uh ... no. Per OTC, he's got a base salary of 14.25M, a workout bonus of 250K and an "other bonus" of 500K. If he tears his Achilles in the pre-season, he gets his entire contract (can't be cut injured) because his salary would vest week 1. 

2 minutes ago, bicketybam said:

The Jets and the Patriots missed the playoffs last year. Which roster would you rather have going into the season?

99/100 times in order to make the playoffs you need a roster that is talented enough. All I'm saying is that the Jets have a roster that is good enough to make the playoffs. When was the last time you could say that? 

Last year.

44 minutes ago, ARodJetsFan said:

They have to prove that they can get to the post season, and they can only do that on the field, by winning regular season games.

Would you trade our roster for the Steelers' straight up? How about the Bucs?

No?

Well, the Steelers & Bucs made the playoffs last year. So I guess they have playoff rosters, and the Jets have a "better than a playoff roster"?

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, bicketybam said:

The Jets roster hands down.

The Jets could potentially make the playoffs, but a lot of things have to fall just right.

Roster/player health is a huge (and very valid) concern.

I thought we had a legitimate chance to make the playoffs last season - how did that turn out?

5 hours ago, FidelioJet said:

I agree they believe Reddick is an upgrade to Huff (even if a slight one)

But again, that is more to the point that he does, in fact, have leverage.   JD didn't sign him as a "luxury" - they signed him to be an important piece of the defense.  It surely won't collapse without him - not sure you can say that about anyone other than Sauce  (and even then collapse is unlikely) -  but it would be substantively downgraded.

Joe needs to win and Reddick is an impact level player - that is his leverage.

I don't think he has much leverage, tbh. 

They have a talented DL without him. It's even better with him, but they're not dead meat without Reddick. They can still further re-sign Lawson for pretty cheap - and he's got to be healthy by now - but they're not under the gun on that or similar at this point. 

27 minutes ago, ARodJetsFan said:

What a ridiculous question, are you really that delusional??

Just because you're wrong, doesn't mean I'm a dick.

I'm sorry that your butt-hurt, because I called you out on the ridiculous assertions you've been spewing, along with a few others here.

I live in reality, not Fanatasy-land.

As I said in another post, we all want the Jets to win and do well.

Rodgers is the only MVP QB in the division, best QB in division until proven otherwise. 

NFL rosters and records change massively from year to year. Arbitrarily basing everything around last years results is absurd. 

• Sympathy 1

1 minute ago, ARodJetsFan said:

The Jets could potentially make the playoffs, but a lot of things have to fall into place just right.

I thought last year we had a chance to make the playoffs - how did that turn out?

Actually the Jets will make the playoffs unless a lot of things fall out of place just wrong. 

2 minutes ago, BreeceHallofFame said:

Rodgers is the only MVP QB in the division, best QB in division until proven otherwise. 

NFL rosters and records change massively from year to year. Arbitrarily basing everything around last years results is absurd. 

Allen >>>> 40 yo Rodgers

11 minutes ago, ARodJetsFan said:

Jets have the 5th best odds of making the playoffs in the AFC.

The Bills are +165 to win the AFC East amd the Jets are at +170.

The Jets have the 6th best odds of winning the AFC.

The Jets have the 10th best odds (tied with Dallas) of winning the Super Bowl.

That doesn't happen without a playoff caliber roster.

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, bicketybam said:

Jets have the 5th best odds of making the playoffs in the AFC.

The Bills are +165 to win the AFC East amd the Jets are at +170.

The Jets have the 6th best odds of winning the AFC.

The Jets have the 10th best odds (tied with Dallas) of winning the Super Bowl.

That doesn't happen without a playoff caliber roster.

If you're that confident in what the odds-makers are saying, go to Vegas and place your bet.

I'm sorry but all of those odds you just posted, mean nothing.

Odds don't translate to wins.

• WTF? 1

1 minute ago, ARodJetsFan said:

Based on what?

Based on the fact that you wouldn't swap the Jets roster for either the Steelers' or Bucs' rosters right now.

So you think the Jets roster is better than two "playoff rosters"

(Or you would, in which case say so)

7 minutes ago, ARodJetsFan said:

The Jets could potentially make the playoffs, but a lot of things have to fall into place just right.

I thought last year we had a chance to make the playoffs - how did that turn out?

This year's roster is so much better than last year's and it's not even close. And last season got derailed by a season ending injury to the starting QB. Not many NFL teams can survive the loss of their starting QB 4 plays into the first game.

8 minutes ago, Green Ghost said:

Allen >>>> 40 yo Rodgers

Maybe.

Rodgers won league MVP back to back seasons at 37 & 38. He hasn't been healthy in the 2 seasons since. 

If healthy I don't know if Josh Allen is better. He could be, but I don't think it's the slam dunk you're making it out to be.

• Post of the Week 1

Hmmmm since we weren’t there we have to assume common sense would be involved. 

I ask you if you had been underpaid for years by tens of millions of dollars would you hold the position you do?

If I were already a multi multi millionaire ... Yeah probably ... No one forced Reddick to sign his last deal .... He did it of his own accord.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk