Tua locked up by the fins

6 minutes ago, Larz said:

Jerry jones is so dense lol. 

just cost himself another 3 million by waiting 

Literally my second reaction after laughing at the fins. Jones is such a moron 

• Upvote 2

Not surprising.  I wonder how much of that guaranteed is at singing versus X amount being fully guranteed on the first day of  league year.

4 minutes ago, PFSIKH said:

Not surprising.  I wonder how much of that guaranteed is at singing versus X amount being fully guranteed on the first day of  league year.

*Edit* WRONG It’s gotta be the Derek Carr deal, I would think. Two real years with the easy out after that. 

• Upvote 1

Fins are locked into Tua for 3 years at $55.5 mill a year.  I think that is very fair.  Its more per year than trevor lawrence, but Trevor has 4 years guaranteed.  

Fins over paid a little to get off the hook after 3 years instead of 4 if they need to.

I think its very fair on both sides.

• Upvote 1

Just now, T0mShane said:

That’s disgusting. They were going to dump that guy before McDaniel got there. 

I think it is a real good deal.  Lets play it out.  Lets say they do not like what they see from Tua during this upcoming season.  That gives them a full 2 years to line up a qb in the 1st round of the draft.  

So lets say Tua is decent this year and next.  Fins take a qb in the 1st round of the 2026 draft.

Then they have 1 more year of Tua, the 1st round qb gets a year to learn on the bench and in 2027, you transition to the new qb.  You cut Tua w/ no penalty.

Just now, UntouchableCrew said:

Bad contract that will likely prevent them from retaining key talent.

This is just not true.  Any team with an above average qb is paying this.

That is the going rate for this type of qb.  You can easily retain key players if you are a smart gm.

1 minute ago, T0mShane said:

On the flip side, Tua already has four full seasons in the league and he’s going to be 27 this year. If they find out—again—that Tua is insufficient against top teams this season and the Dolphins flame out, they’re dead stuck with him for two more years, and McDaniel will pay that price. There’s not a lot of room for growth with him, imo. 

So what is the alternative?

1- You make him play out his 5th year? - Well thats not an option cause he would not show.up.  And you do not have a qb on the roster that can play.

So if you think what the fins did was wrong, please tell us what would have been the right move.

2 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

1- You make him play out his 5th year? - Well thats not an option cause he would not show.up.  And you do not have a qb on the roster that can play.

So if you think what the fins did was wrong, please tell us what would have been the right move.

I would have traded Tua to the Broncos and then given Mike White 10/$700mm

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

7 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

On the flip side, Tua already has four full seasons in the league and he’s going to be 27 this year. If they find out—again—that Tua is insufficient against top teams this season and the Dolphins flame out, they’re dead stuck with him for two more years, and McDaniel will pay that price. There’s not a lot of room for growth with him, imo. 

there is still the non zero concussion risk here.

2 more concussions and i think he retires.

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

1 minute ago, T0mShane said:

I would have traded Tua to the Broncos and then given Mike White 10/$700mm

Where is there any rumblings that the Broncos were interested in Tua?

And Mike White as a starting qb is not an option for the Dolphins or any nfl franchise.  Every single person in the building would be fired immediatley if it was even suggested that was their plan.

18 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

I think it is a real good deal.  Lets play it out.  Lets say they do not like what they see from Tua during this upcoming season.  That gives them a full 2 years to line up a qb in the 1st round of the draft.  

So lets say Tua is decent this year and next.  Fins take a qb in the 1st round of the 2026 draft.

Then they have 1 more year of Tua, the 1st round qb gets a year to learn on the bench and in 2027, you transition to the new qb.  You cut Tua w/ no penalty.

Do you think you can win a championship with Tua as your QB? I don't think so and they are now locked into the guy for 3 years. That's my issue, not the money.

• Upvote 2

12 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

That is the going rate for this type of qb.  You can easily retain key players if you are a smart gm.

One hit away from retirement via concussion.  

• Upvote 3

14 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

This is true. Doesn't make it a good contract.

12 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Trade him to a dumb QB needy team for a haul and try again.

• Upvote 3