2024 QB Class

One of the most important things this offseason, even if Rodgers returns which I think he will, the jets need to draft a qb in the 3rd or 4th round.

We need to take a mid round qb every year and start a pipleline and let these young kids battle it out.

6 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

One of the most important things this offseason, even if Rodgers returns which I think he will, the jets need to draft a qb in the 3rd or 4th round.

We need to take a mid round qb every year and start a pipleline and let these young kids battle it out.

I tend to think that QB in the first two rounds should be a high priority.

• Upvote 2

Stupid jets use a 3rd overall and a 2nd overall pick on qbs and 100% strike out on both.  

Maybe Rodgers can stay healthy and give us a year of quality play .

I'm pining for the Fitzpatrick era by now.

• Upvote 2

30 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Stupid jets use a 3rd overall and a 2nd overall pick on qbs and 100% strike out on both.  

Maybe Rodgers can stay healthy and give us a year of quality play .

I'm pining for the Fitzpatrick era by now.

Probably the worst season we have had in a long time.  It set us back years.  

A team w/ a crappy qb wins 10 games, doesnt make the playoffs but gives enough false confidence to run it back w/ same crappy qb.

The worst situation an nfl team can be in.

That year was a complete disaster.

• Upvote 2

11 hours ago, BCJet said:

This isnt 33 year old rogers where he can complain about us using a first or second round pick on a QB.  Barring a Rogers injury we will be picking in the 20s which is a great spot to take a "falling QB" or a longer shot to develop for a year behind Rogers.  We have to do that in 2024

image.gif.93c07a6e0dbbae2907986a44db808fec.gif

• Haha 2

I would have felt a lot better about the long term direction of this team if at #10 we took a QB to develop instead of a left tackle to develop.  Not sure if the liked JJ McCarthy but I sure did and would have been pretty psyched if we had him to develop behind Rodgers and Taylor.  

• Thumb Down 2
  • WTF? 1

3 hours ago, ChewyandtheJets said:

I would have felt a lot better about the long term direction of this team if at #10 we took a QB to develop instead of a left tackle to develop.  Not sure if the liked JJ McCarthy but I sure did and would have been pretty psyched if we had him to develop behind Rodgers and Taylor.  

The Jets traded out of the 10 slot with McCarthy on the board. I'm going to go out on a limb and say they didn't like him enough to pick him there. 

• Upvote 1

On 7/27/2024 at 12:35 AM, Joe W. Namath said:

Probably the worst season we have had in a long time.  It set us back years.  

A team w/ a crappy qb wins 10 games, doesnt make the playoffs but gives enough false confidence to run it back w/ same crappy qb.

The worst situation an nfl team can be in.

That year was a complete disaster.

A house built on cards. 

• Upvote 1

21 hours ago, ChewyandtheJets said:

McCarthy at 10 would have been my dream scenario as well but I think they did the next best thing.  Seeing Olu working on the field with Tyron Smith is truly beautiful and he is going to learn so much while also not being thrown directly into the fire. 

That being said, 2024 is when we will need to start addressing the position and hopefully there is a way to get someone like Riley Leonard who can sit behind Rogers for a year and then take over.

As for Travis, he does have a ton of starts as well, put up numbers against good competition and has very good athleticism for the position.  The unfortunate thing is that he likely wont get any TC or pre-season reps which will hold back his development a ton.

• Thumb Down 1

7 hours ago, Lupz27 said:

Last 17 games in college 

17-0

For all Ive read about Travis, Ive never seen that stat (even went back to the game logs to confirm).  Not only is that correct but he also only threw 7 picks in the last 2 years. 

I get that there are size limitations and some arm strength stuff but we can all go back and look at Brock Purdy's scouting report and see how these guys can get it wrong.  Would be great to see Travis at least get some practice reps this season.

On 7/27/2024 at 11:26 AM, ChewyandtheJets said:

That makes zero sense.  If that had happened, that QB wouldn't have stood a chance of developing. 

Rodgers would have gotten hurt again this year once Tyron Smith went down with injury and no capable OT on the roster to replace him. Then the Jets would be going into next offseason probably looking for two starting-calibre OTs, and most likely wouldn't have been able to find two, so that QB would have been running for his life next season and most likely gotten injured or pounded like David Carr was for the Houston Texans, and then they'd be looking to draft another QB high within a year or two.