48 minutes ago, slats said:

I want to see them on the field together more, in lieu of a second TE or a slot receiver. Breece and Braelon are both capable ball carriers, receivers, and blockers. Breece caught a TD on Sunday that a lot of WRs don’t catch. Allen and Breece offer far more options for headaches for opposing defenses than Gipson, Lazard, Ruckert, or Corley as that 11th man. 

100%

I just don't trust our playcaller to have that level of creativity tho......

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, jetsons said:

Waayyyyy Too Early to say that. 

Oh it has nothing to do with his ability as a back, we drafted abakanda the year before, we have breece we draft allen, there were still good prospects at other positions out there such as wr.   RBs are not super tough to find, the guy on the niners who killed the jets in game one was an udfa

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Oh it has nothing to do with his ability as a back, we drafted abakanda the year before, we have breece we draft allen, there were still good prospects at other positions out there such as wr.   RBs are not super tough to find, the guy on the niners who killed the jets in game one was an udfa

Shanahan's system makes UDFA backs stars. It's a thing. 

• Upvote 3

9 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

4 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

Shanahan's system makes UDFA backs stars. It's a thing. 

Same as his Dad.

• Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Yeah, the Davis pick was strange and I hated it at the time. I wanted the WR the Dolphins took. 

The only thing I will say is that it's clear the Jets want to be a power running team with Rodgers and Davis gives us legit insurance with some upside should our RB room get the injury bug. 

it is not what I would have done with that pick, however. 

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

Yeah, the Davis pick was strange and I hated it at the time. I wanted the WR the Dolphins took. 

The only thing I will say is that it's clear the Jets want to be a power running team with Rodgers and Davis gives us legit insurance with some upside should our RB room get the injury bug. 

it is not what I would have done with that pick, however. 

The jets don’t use wrs that much or the TEs.  The offense clearly goes through those 2 rbs and the pass catchers get the leftovers.  I think Corley fits in well with this offense and they should look to get him more touches so rodgers gets the ball out quicker.  The bad plays are when he sits back there waiting for guys to get open.  

1 hour ago, slats said:

I want to see them on the field together more, in lieu of a second TE or a slot receiver. Breece and Braelon are both capable ball carriers, receivers, and blockers. Breece caught a TD on Sunday that a lot of WRs don’t catch. Allen and Breece offer far more options for headaches for opposing defenses than Gipson, Lazard, Ruckert, or Corley as that 11th man. 

Eh.  I like it as an option and it will make teams waste time in practice.  Allen made some catches but he left a couple of easy ones on the field.  It could just be a lack of playing time with Rodgers, but I'm not sold on him as a receiver yet.   I think there will be games where we will want to see more Breece/Allen and games where we will see more Corley/Gipson and I think that is the way it should be.

• Upvote 1