Official Jets Practice Squad Thread (17/17) Cine Signs With Bills

• jetsrule128 changed the title to Official Jets Practice Squad Thread (8/17)
16 hours ago, Jets1958 said:

Anyone have a complete updated list?

I think they still have another day or so, to round out the practice squad;

This is current list of PS signings;

1- OL Obianna Eze 

2 - OL Jake Hanson 

3 - WR Brandon Smith 

4 - S Jaylen Key 

5 - OL Kohl Levao

6 - RB Xazvian Valladay 

7 - S Lewis Cine (cleared waivers after being cut by the Vikings)

8 - LB Sam Eguavoen 

Waiver Claims
The Jets hold the tenth slot in the waiver-wire priority, which is based on last season's record. They will hold that spot until the Tuesday of Week 4 (9/24) of the regular season. At that point, the priority will match the NFL standings. The end of the claim period is Wednesday (Today) at 12 p.m. ET. After that, teams can sign players to their practice squad.

Practice Squad
Practice squads can have 16 players but can add an international pathway player without counting against the limit. Ten of the 16 players must have no more than two accrued seasons and the other six don't have any limitations. Teams are allowed to promote two players from their practice squad on gameday and each player called up will revert back to the PS. Teams can do that with a specific player up to three times. Practice squad players cannot sign with another team's practice squad but are free to sign with another team's 53-man roster at any time unless they are one of their team's protected players. Teams decide on four protected players weekly.

• Upvote 4

24 minutes ago, ARodJetsFan said:

I think they still have another day or so, to round out the practice squad;

This is current;

1- OL Obianna Eze 

2 - OL Jake Hanson 

3 - WR Brandon Smith 

4 - S Jaylen Key 

5 - OL Kohl Levao

6 - RB Xazvian Valladay 

7 - S Lewis Cline (claimed from Vikings )

8 - LB Sam Eguavoen 

Technically - Cline wasn't claimed. He passed through waivers unclaimed. Thus he becomes a FA. Jets were then able to sign him to their PS.

Only TE Bates was claimed so he must be put on the 53 

• Upvote 3
  • WTF? 1

Full PS is up on the Jets' website. No Lewis Cine on there, so I guess that's not official yet. Brownlee will probably be back tomorrow, bumping someone else off the PS:

Sam Eguavoen    LB    6    Jets
Obinna Eze    OL    1    Jets
Anthony Firkser    TE    7    Jets
Jake Hanson    OL    1    Jets
Bruce Hector    DL    4    Jets
Jalyn Holmes    DL    6    Jets
Jaylen Key    S    R    Jets
Zack Kuntz    TE    1    Jets
Kohl Levao    OL    1    Jets
Adrian Martinez    QB    1    Jets
Marcelino McCrary-Ball    LB    1    Jets
Lance McCutcheon    WR    1    Jets
Jarius Monroe    S    R    Jets
Kendall Sheffield    CB    3    Jets
Brandon Smith    WR    1    Jets
Tre Swilling    CB    1    Jets
Xazavian Valladay    RB    1    Jets

• Upvote 1

15 hours ago, C Mart said:

Technically - Cline wasn't claimed. He passed through waivers unclaimed. Thus he becomes a FA. Jets were then able to sign him to their PS.

Only TE Bates was claimed so he must be put on the 53 

I've heard of splitting hairs - but Jesus you're really being petty.

Bottom line is Cine is on the practice squad, what does it matter, how he got there @C Mart?

FWIW, I copied that information from @jetsrule128's original post.

Whether he was claimed off waivers, or signed to the practice squad as a free agent, the end result is still the same, he's on the Practice Squad.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, mrcoops said:

Full PS is up on the Jets' website. No Lewis Cine on there, so I guess that's not official yet. Brownlee will probably be back tomorrow, bumping someone else off the PS:

Bruce Hector looked good against the run this pre-season, glad to see him back.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, ARodJetsFan said:

I've heard of splitting hairs - but Jesus you're really being petty.

Bottom line is Cline is on the practice squad, what does it matter, how he got there @C Mart?

FWIW, I copied that information from @jetsrule128's original post.

Whether he was claimed off waivers, or signed to the practice squad as a free agent, the end result is still the same, he's on the Practice Squad.

Well the distinction does matter — and some of us were pretty interested to find out if he had been claimed off waivers because it would have meant someone else was getting cut from the 53 man roster and exposed to waivers. So, while I see your point here in this thread — he IS on the practice squad and we didn’t have to lose anyone to get him — I also don’t think you need to get pissy with someone just for clarifying how he got there since there are consequences to how that played out

• Upvote 2
  • WTF? 1

5 hours ago, mrcoops said:

When Brownlee and Cine are added to the PS, who do you think will get bumped.  I wouldn't expect the Jets to keep 3 Safeties or 3 WRs on the PS, so imo one of the WRs and one of the Safeties will go.  If I'm right, I hope that it's McCutcheon at WR that goes.  I'm torn between Key and Monroe.  They each have positives in their favor.

12 hours ago, Gaffneycatch81 said:

Well the distinction does matter — and some of us were pretty interested to find out if he had been claimed off waivers because it would have meant someone else was getting cut from the 53 man roster and exposed to waivers. So, while I see your point here in this thread — he IS on the practice squad and we didn’t have to lose anyone to get him — I also don’t think you need to get pissy with someone just for clarifying how he got there since there are consequences to how that played out

Nice spin, but not.

It's totally irrelevant - the fact that he was listed as being on the Practice Squad should have been self-explanatory.

Waiver claims can't be signed to the practice squad.

Non-vested who don't have at least four years of NFL experience have to clear waivers first. The waiver priority is based on last season's draft order. Any player not claimed during the waiver process can be signed to a team's practice squad.

If anything it should have said (cleared waivers) but again, this nothing more but petty knit-picking with no significance whatsoever.

All the players listed in that post were clearly annotated as guys who had been signed to the practice squad and at the time I posted it, there were still 9 or 10 open slots on the practice squad. If they were signed to the practice squad, they obviously were not waiver claims.

How he got to the practice squad is insignificant and had no bearing on the 53 man roster, one way or the other.

Even less significance now since the Bills signed him to their active roster this morning.

https://www.nbcsports.com/fantasy/football/player-news?playerNewsId=00000191-9e07-dfea-a9dd-fed71ad30000

Just now, ARodJetsFan said:

Totally irrelevant - he was signed to the Practice Squad.

How he got there is insignificant and had no bearing one way, or the other, on the 53 man roster.

Completely irrelevant, that's why he's a Bill, just like if we'd claimed him on waivers

Know Know-It-All GIF by Jackson

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, JKlecko said:

When Brownlee and Cine are added to the PS, who do you think will get bumped.  I wouldn't expect the Jets to keep 3 Safeties or 3 WRs on the PS, so imo one of the WRs and one of the Safeties will go.  If I'm right, I hope that it's McCutcheon at WR that goes.  I'm torn between Key and Monroe.  They each have positives in their favor.

Yeah, I agree - I want to keep Brandon Smith, so I'd let McCutcheon go if Brownlee comes back on the PS.

At Safety, it's much harder as I think both Key and Monroe are nice players worthy of development. Fortunately (or unfortunately), it looks like we won't have to make that decision, as it now appears that Cine is signing with Buffalo instead of the Jets.

• Upvote 1

These are the minimum number of games I expect each of these players to start in/appear (special teams is not starting).  

I guess the moral to the story is that I fully expect the Jets to reach into the PS for injured offensive players.  There should be more OL and WR on the practice squad.  

Sam Eguavoen    LB    6    Jets  0/8
Obinna Eze    OL    1    Jets 0/0
Anthony Firkser    TE    7    Jets 0/8
Jake Hanson    OL    1    Jets 4/8
Bruce Hector    DL    4    Jets 0/0
Jalyn Holmes    DL    6    Jets 0/4
Jaylen Key    S    R    Jets 0/0
Zack Kuntz    TE    1    Jets 0/8
Kohl Levao    OL    1    Jets 4/8
Adrian Martinez    QB    1    Jets 2/0
Marcelino McCrary-Ball    LB    1    Jets 0/0
Lance McCutcheon    WR    1    Jets 0/0
Jarius Monroe    S    R    Jets 0/0
Kendall Sheffield    CB    3    Jets 0/0
Brandon Smith    WR    1    Jets 0/4
Tre Swilling    CB    1    Jets 0/0
Xazavian Valladay    RB    1    Jets 0/4

47 minutes ago, mrcoops said:

Yeah, I agree - I want to keep Brandon Smith, so I'd let McCutcheon go if Brownlee comes back on the PS.

At Safety, it's much harder as I think both Key and Monroe are nice players worthy of development. Fortunately (or unfortunately), it looks like we won't have to make that decision, as it now appears that Cine is signing with Buffalo instead of the Jets.

The Bills signed S Cine to their active roster this morning.

https://www.nbcsports.com/fantasy/football/player-news?playerNewsId=00000191-9e07-dfea-a9dd-fed71ad30000

9 minutes ago, mrcoops said:

Cine was never actually on our Practice Squad.  It was reported that he had agreed to sign with us, but it was never confirmed. Looks like he changed his mind about our offer, and agreed to sign with the Bills instead.

Didn't realize that Cine never actually signed.

Makes sense for him though, why sign onto a practice squad, when another team is offering you a spot on their 53 man roster.

• Upvote 1
  • WTF? 1

• jetsrule128 changed the title to Official Jets Practice Squad Thread (17/17) Cline Signs With Bills
39 minutes ago, ARodJetsFan said:

Nice spin, but not.

It's totally irrelevant - the fact that he was listed as being on the Practice Squad should have been self-explanatory.

Waiver claims can't be signed to the practice squad.

Non-vested who don't have at least four years of NFL experience have to clear waivers first. The waiver priority is based on last season's draft order. Any player not claimed during the waiver process can be signed to a team's practice squad.

If anything it should have said (cleared waivers) but again, this nothing more but petty knit-picking with no significance whatsoever.

All the players listed in that post were clearly annotated as guys who had been signed to the practice squad and at the time I posted it, there were still 9 or 10 open slots on the practice squad.

How he got to the practice squad is insignificant and had no bearing on the 53 man roster, one way or the other.

Even less significance now since the Bills signed him to their active roster this morning.

So, I guess another PS spot has opened up - my guess is, maybe they bring Brownlee back.

Hmmm … seems like someone gets pretty defensive when they’re corrected …

More inaccuracies in your post above — but I’ll leave it to others to “split hairs” with you about where and to what roster he has or hasn’t been signed now.

8 minutes ago, ARodJetsFan said:

Didn't realize that Cine never actually signed.

Makes sense for him though, why sign onto a practice squad, when another team is offering you a spot on their 53 man roster.

I think it is a sign of something that the Bills, the team to beat in the AFC East, are now signing players that can't make the Jets 53 man roster. 

Cine's style of play is also closer to the Bills than Saleh's/Jets.  

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Gaffneycatch81 said:

Hmmm … seems like someone gets pretty defensive when they’re corrected …

More inaccuracies in your post above — but I’ll leave it to others to “split hairs” with you about where and to what roster he has or hasn’t been signed now.

Insignificant.

It was reported Cine was signed to our PS, turns out he didn't & took a better offer.

Sh!t happens.

All of this Hoopla, about a fringe player that's not even on the team.

It's definitely time for the season to start.

• jetsrule128 changed the title to Official Jets Practice Squad Thread (17/17) Cine Signs With Bills