Aaron Rodgers Needs To Be Mic’d Up Every Day

at 5:05, I can't tell - is that Nick Mangold commenting on Rodgers' play saying "God, you look good, man".

or is that Rodgers saying it to him, commenting on Nick Mangold with the shades/swag.

It happens so fast, I can't tell?

If it is Mangold saying it about Rodgers play? oh boy...... starting to get reaaaaaally optimistic.

10 minutes ago, 32EBoozer said:

It was posted, and had a LOT of feedback. You may even had posted in the thread :) 

LMAO!  I don't remember it if so.  Sorry all.  Mods, sprinkle some of that magic merge dust on this thread.

I watched with an eye towards Rodgers comfort in the pocket and came away concerned that her rarely (maybe twice) stepped into his throw. Almost all of his throws were flat footed with a few back peddling. Perhaps his arms is that good? Was he a flat footed thrower in Green Bay?

4 minutes ago, Sonny Werblin said:

I watched with an eye towards Rodgers comfort in the pocket and came away concerned that her rarely (maybe twice) stepped into his throw. Almost all of his throws were flat footed with a few back peddling. Perhaps his arms is that good? Was he a flat footed thrower in Green Bay?

It's a good question.  But tbh, I'm not worried about AR8's throwing abilities at all.  I'm going into this season extremely confident that he'll still be the QB he's always been (a superstar).  Of course we have to worry about him staying upright and healthy and all of that.  But his throwing I'm not worried about.

Just now, TuscanyTile2 said:

It's a good question.  But tbh, I'm not worried about AR8's throwing abilities at all.  I'm going into this season extremely confident that he'll still be the QB he's always been (a superstar).  Of course we have to worry about him staying upright and healthy and all of that.  But his throwing I'm not worried about.

https://www.packersnews.com/story/sports/nfl/packers/2018/11/26/green-bay-packers-aaron-rodgers-footwork-undermining-mechanics/2119363002/

Aaron Rodgers’ injuries might be taking a toll on him, not physically but mentally.

How else to explain the occasional breakdown in his throwing fundamentals? Rodgers has not been the same quarterback this year as in the past, and one of the reasons is he too often is throwing off his back foot when he could step into his throws.

In the last few years Rodgers has sustained two broken collarbones and a sprained knee on hits he has taken while trying to throw.

The sprained left knee was in this year’s opener, and maybe he’s protecting it, or maybe he’s protecting his health in general. Maybe it’s conscious or maybe it’s subconscious. But as it has often been this season, in the Packers’ loss at Minnesota on Sunday night there more than a few plays where he looked more aware of pass rushers than in past seasons.

That in turn appears to be causing him to rely too often on his enormous arm talent rather than good throwing mechanics, and the occasional breakdown in his footwork is probably the biggest reason he has been missing as many throws in a game as he used to in a month.

When Rodgers steps into his throws, he’s usually deadly. He threw 28 passes Sunday night, and when his footwork was good he went 14-for-18. But 10 of his throws were basically off his back foot, and seven of the 10 incompletions.

The one that stands out most is the free play Rodgers had in the second quarter when he drew Minnesota offside with his cadence. He had Davante Adams open down the left side for a free-shot play. But Rodgers threw off his back foot while backpedaling even though he didn’t need to, and he underthrew the pass, which allowed cornerback Xavier Rhodes to break it up.

If Rodgers had stepped into it and put enough on the ball, it would have been a 46-yard touchdown. Instead the Packers punted two plays later.

Similar was the play with 2½ minutes left in the game when he just overthrew a wide open Adams for what would have been a 20-yard touchdown. Rodgers had a fairly clean pocket but threw enough off his back foot to affect his accuracy. The slight overthrow cost the Packers four points, because the drive ended with a field goal.

There’s no denying that Rodgers’ arm talent is off the charts, and that his ability to make difficult throws on the move is one of the qualities that makes him special. But his accuracy also makes him special, and just like any quarterback he’s most accurate when he stands in the pocket and steps into his throws.

14 minutes ago, Sonny Werblin said:

One of the talking head former Qb was saying on ESPN that Rodgers has an elastic arm. His velocity and accuracy have not diminished at all, It's from the waste down that is aging.

We all are hoping he doesn't ever leave the pocket.... just move around in the pocket to avoid the rush or preferrably, throw the ball away!

9 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

• Upvote 2